Dr. Robert Mcnamee MD Patient Reviews

• Medical Oncology Taunton, MA

• Good
  • Bad

August 31st, 2012
I have gone to Dr. McNamee for 32 years and have always felt he was a caring compassionate person.Has always been there for me when ever I needed someone just to help me in the rough times. I am sorry that I will need to see another Dr. since he has given up primary care. I would recommend him and his staff highly

October 17th, 2010
Very Caring & Compassionate
Incredibly compassionate, came in with his wife on a Saturday (office was closed) to to see my Mom and review her case. Cannot thank him enough.

July 20th, 2010
He is a coward.
He is unable to tell the truth about your condition. He diagnosed my father with stomach cancer and said his lungs were 95% cancer free. He said he years left. He suggested to remove my fathers stomach (which we got a second option on and the doctor that he was crazy to suggest that since it had spread to his lung). Two week after the original diagnose, my father was admitted to the ICU because he could not breathe. Scans of his lungs found that his lungs were full of cancer. My father lasted week after that. So his diagnose of years to three weeks was horrible. His bed side manner was horrendous, he would ask of my father was hard of hearing and every time he would tell him no. He could not remember that. He point blank, could not tell my family that he had stage IV cancer in his lungs, I had to ask what the staging it was, it was never told to us. If he told us, we could have made better discussions about my fathers future. I would not suggest this doctor to my worst enemy. My father suffered because lack of communication and the cowardness to tell us what was the real issue. Good thing he works at Morton, because he would not last in a Boston job.

March 22nd, 2009
Quality Doctor
Dr. McNamee has been taking care of my father for a few years. Always calls back even if it is after hours. Good at answering questions. Dad's Still going good after original estimates were only about 6 month to a year or so depending on response to treatments. Stays up on what is going on and changes when he sees something he doesn't like in treatments.

August 10th, 2015