Primary Care Doctor, Family Practitioner

by Frances Lee Carpenter on May 31st, 2016

I think he has retired, but we need more Doctors like this, which we probably will never have. So sad for those of us who were blessed to be able to have him for our primary care Doctor for a long time.

Sep 4th, 2015

Bob is a great guy- he spends however long it takes to talk to his patient and really find out what is going on. He genuinely cares and personally calls patients to see how they are feeling. However, he missed a diagnosis of celiac disease in me for five years, as well as missing it in my son for two years, when we both had obvious symptoms. Even after a GI diagnosed us he insisted it couldn't be because celiac is really rare. Except it isn't, and they have known it isn't for the last ten years. Unfortunately he hasn't stayed abreast of recent medical developments. So, overall, he is great as a GP for most things, but don't count on him to dig deeper when you have persistent symptoms with no answer. He tends to think depression accounts for most illnesses, especially in women.

Objective Review show details Objective Review
Nov 17th, 2012

Referrals from friends/family are subject to this; You never have anyone say 'I have the worst Mechanic, Plumber, Dentist or, doctor'. Look For the Doctor that Doctors go to. Dr. McPeake is state of the art, up to date and that is why Healthcare Professionals and I go to him. Plus: He accepts most plans.

Aug 8th, 2011

Dr. McPeake is has a very pleasant personality. HOWEVER - he neglected to go over important results of lab tests with me. Luckily, my neurologist caught the problem and referred me to another primary care doctor who adjusted my diet and prescribed the proper medications. In my husband's case, Dr. McPeake dismissed his complaints of pain, repeatedly telling him he had indigestion. The result was emergency gall bladder surgery and a week in the hospital due to serious pancreatitis.