Dr. Robert Mcphee Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Robert Mcphee?

Type 2 Diabetes

Have you seen Dr. Robert Mcphee?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

July 11th, 2013

Would not recommend this Dr.

First visit I thought Dr McPhee seemed like a good Dr and a good guy. Subsequent visits proved otherwise. He talked down about my other doctor, a specialist, and said he could treat me for a particular medical condition even though he's a general DO. I was made to feel bad for seeing the specialist. He also mentioned things to me about my sister's health and her weight. She is (was) a patient of his too so it seemed very inappropriate to me. Makes me wonder if the Dr says things about me to other patients? This is a relatively small community where neighbors know one other but that's no excuse for a Dr. to violate any patient's privacy. I switched to McPhee because he is close to my home but I won't be going back.

June 7th, 2012

It is true about the rudeness of staff. The staff was much nicer about a year ago.

April 5th, 2012

Hohmosassa office

I'm not sure if Dr. Mcphee is aware of the image his office staff is creating for his practice. My first appointment was ok. The office staff seemed friendly enough. But since then the phone is being answered by 'Lisa'. I'm not sure how long she has worked in healthcare, but the few times I have called when I have been very ill, and needed an appointment,she starts off by letting me know how busy the doctor is and there is absolutely nothing available, but...if I really feel seeing the doctor is necessary, then she can try to fit me in somewhere, but I will be sitting in the office for a very long time because there will be many people ahead of me who actually have appointments. So, does that make me feel like my doctor is available when I need him? Definitely not. And Lisa makes me feel like I am a huge inconvenience and I am going to totally screw the doctors schedule up because he just does not have time for me. If I call with a simple question or to ask for refills, Lisa seems very bothered by my inquiry. I feel as though I am asking something that no other patient in the history of medicine has ever asked. She always answers by saying she will have to get back to me, and I always have to call back several times to try to get an answer. Lisa's displeasure in dealing with the patients is evident in her tone and the way she handles phone calls which is causing Dr. McPhee to look very bad,uncaring and overloaded with patients; more than he can handle. I have worked in an MD's office, I have worked for one of the best hospitals in Florida, and due to my health issues I have been seeing doctors for many, many years and I have seen and experienced great patient care by office staff and medical professionals. I have never experienced such rudeness, and I have never dreaded having to call my own doctors office until now. After 6 separate issues I've had to endure in dealing with Dr. McPhee's office, and Lisa in particular, I have decided to look for a new MD. I do not recommend this practice to anyone, especially if you are looking for a new physician. They just don't have time to be friendly and deal with your issues. The nurse that works with Dr. McPhee is very nice. She does't smile much, but she does not make you feel bad about coming in for an appointment. Dr McPhee himself is ok. He seems intelligent, but from certain comments he has made, it seems he does not truly believe in 'medication'. He seems more of a naturalist and maybe should deal more with nutritional answers to health issues. The best change Dr. McPhee could make to improve his image and practice would be to re-train, or replace Lisa. There are so many wonderful medical receptionists out there who make patients feel important and know how to speak to patients with care and concern...after all, these people are not feeling well and need some compassion. Compassion can make or break a medical practice. People talk. The first person you come in contact with can set the tone for any business you deal with..in this case, is 'Lisa' setting the right tone? She made up my mind.

November 4th, 2011

RN

He is a wonderful dr. Very caring and thorough, as well as efficient. My husband and I have think he is wonderful and an excellent dr.

July 8th, 2010

He is the best I have come in contactwith in the past 10 years. The man actually cares.

December 1st, 2008

Works hard to keep us healthy!

Dr. McPhee is a truly caring physician who works with his patients to achieve health, not just write Rx for ailments.

May 16th, 2016