Board-Certified Gynecologist

3920 Dutchmans Ln
Suite 303
Louisville, KY 40207
502-899-3009
Locations and availability (2)

• Currently 3.5531914893617 of 4 stars
  • Currently 3.5531914893617 of 4 stars
Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  Wonderful  |  show details
by Denise on Sep 22nd, 2014

I have been dealing with pain during intercourse for 20 years and have seen multiple doctors and tried dozens of treatments including physical therapy. None of them ever provided any real relief. After going to Dr. McQuady, I got real results. The staff is wonderful and always so nice and after the treatments that we tried, I have noticed a real difference. I hardly have any pain at all. Going to see Dr. Mcquady was the best decision I ever made.

|  Another Success Story  |  show details
by Angela on May 5th, 2014

I have never posted an online review before but am writing this now in hopes it will help someone out there. I have had pelvic pain for a long time. It has had a terrible impact on me and my family. I had pretty much given up hope. Then, a doctor in the Indiana city where I live suggested I travel 4 hours to Louisville, Kentucky to see Dr. McQuady. I almost didn't go but my family really encouraged me to give it a shot. Boy, am I ever glad that I did! Now, 6 months later, I am re-becoming the strong woman and Mom I used to be. How can you possibly say "thank you" enough for that??

|  Best Caring Doctor  |  show details
by Karen on Apr 29th, 2014

I am a nurse in Louisville and have heard great things about Dr. McQuady and his Nurse Practitioner for years from friends, doctors, and other nurses. I was diagnosed with endometriosis by the OB/GYN I had been seeing for annual check-ups and decided to see Dr. McQuady for a second opinion. After several visits and doing further research, my husband and I decided we wanted to have him manage my treatment. Not only is Dr. McQuady extremely knowledgeable (and known to be an excellent surgeon), but he answered every one of our questions, took the time to listen, and really seemed to care. Now I know why his reputation is stellar and why patient reviews earn him Most Compassionate Doctor Awards every single year. Based on my experience, I recommend him very highly.

by Mary on Apr 4th, 2014

After having difficulty finding proper treatment for my pelvic pain I decided to seek a 2nd opinion and found out about Dr. McQuady. At my initial appointment with Alyice I felt like she wasn't really listening to my biggest concerns about my pain. I understand that she has heard hundreds of women voice their own concerns, but I felt she rushed through her list of questions. On my 2nd visit with Dr. McQuady during my pelvic exam he TOOK A PHONE call in the middle of it while I lay exposed on the exam table. We talked, he gave some recommendations and many prescriptions and ask that I come back for a follow-up in a week. When I came back for my follow-up they made me undress for another exam, even though I had just had one the week before & this was a follow up. When Dr. McQuady came in the room, he didn't even make eye contact with me and started reading my chart. He didn't ask me about any of the medications he had prescribed or about anything we had talked about during the previous appointment. He said I didn't need a pelvic exam and that I could leave and not be charged for the day's appointment. I feel like my entire time there was wasted. I really respect what Dr. McQuady and his team (all wonderful & polite ladies, by the way) are trying to do, but he has absolutely no bedside manner and I feel like my time & money was wasted and I left with a bad taste in my mouth. If you're looking for compassion to come with your care, I would not recommend this place.

|  Wonderful experience  |  show details
by Tiffany on Jan 16th, 2014

After years of suffering with pelvic pain and several doctors not taking me seriously or putting me on birth control Dr. McQuady finally gave me real answers. He and Alyce took me seriously, were professional and knew what they were doing. They were thorough, took time to listen, and were gentle during exams, unlike many of the other doctors I'd been to. After the first few treatments it got worse before it got better. From what I understand that is normal. I'm grateful I stuck with it. I had gotten so used to hurting that I couldn't imagine a life without pain. Within three months I went from being nearly bed ridden to having my life back. Thank you!

Sep 20th, 2013

This doctor and staff have impoved my quality of life tremendously! I wish I had found this place sooner. Not only do I feel so much better I actually feel like they truly care about me. I would absolutely recommend this doctor office to all who need it. You don't have to suffer anymore!

Aug 25th, 2013

Dr. McQuady is very thorough and takes time to listen before, during and after exams. He tries to address any concerns and truly seems to care.

|  Finally Found the Doctor I've Been Looking For  |  show details
Aug 14th, 2013

I am one of the many women who travels 3 hours to go see Dr. Mcquady. And I wouldn't think of seeing anyone else. I still don't understand why there are so few doctors out there who can correctly pinpoint and treat the underlying causes of pelvic pain in women. I didn't want antidepressants and I didn't want pain pills. I wanted to get to the bottom of what was going on rather than just taking something to mask my symptoms. My family and I are grateful that we finally found Dr. Mcquady and that I'm feeling like myself again.

|  Love him  |  show details
by Dena McCune on Jun 27th, 2013

I have seen Dr. McQuady for 20 years. He is awesome. I recommend him to every woman I can. His staff is the friendliest most helpful crew.

|  Saved my life  |  show details
Nov 13th, 2012

Any woman having pelvic pain and/or heavy bleeding. I highly recommend Dr. McQuady at the Pelvic Pain Center. He literally saved my life. I had expreme heavy bleeding and pain. After four years of going from doctor to doctor, I prayed and God led me to Dr. McQuady. I was dignosed with atypical complex hyperplasia (precancerous cells). Dr. McQuady referred me to the Norton Cancer Institute where I consulted with Dr. Purcell. I do not have children. Dr. Purcell tried other treatments (my decision). Six months later, I had to have a hysterectomy becuase the precancerous cells were irreversalbe. Again, I highly recommend Dr. McQuady.

|  Staff and Docotr  |  show details
Oct 25th, 2012

Front office staff was rude and condesending. Back staff nice enough. Dr M. May be the best but he also puts on an air that you should feel lucky to be yreates by him.

|  BEST DR IN LOUISVILLE  |  show details
Oct 8th, 2012

Dr. McQuady has been my Doctor since I was 16. I have had alot of problems throughout the years & he has held my hand throughout every problem I had even after I had my son which was born with problems, 12 years ago. If I have a problem I can call and leave a message for him & I know he will call me back till this day. I love him! He is a special person and will ask you what you need when times are tough.

|  Best IC Doctor  |  show details
Sep 7th, 2012

LOVE Dr. McQuady and his nurse practitioner! My family and I can never say thank you enough for getting my life back. You are the best!

|  Best Vulvodynia Treatment  |  show details
Jul 31st, 2012

As a woman in her twenties who has been diagnosed with vulvodynia, it's been really hard to find a doctor who is an expert in this condition and can offer me the help I need. I turned to the National Vulvodynia Association and they recommended Dr. McQuady. I have been very pleased with my care and am confident I'm getting the best treatment and advice possible. I couldn't ask for anything more.

|  Dr. McQuady and the entire staff are AWSOME  |  show details
Jun 4th, 2012

Finding this Doctor and office has been a Godsend. He has done so much to change my life and I will never be able to fully repay him or even explain all he has done. All I can offer is my thanks to the entire group!

|  Recommend Very Highly  |  show details
May 15th, 2012

Why is it that there are so few doctors out there who can truly "solve" the issues that cause pelvic pain in women?? It seems like I went to everyone and everywhere, and was pretty much resigned to living my life this way. Yes, of course I became depressed but that wasn't the cause of all this! And I didn't want to live the rest of my life on pain meds! After seeing Dr. McQuady, I feel a mix of emotions: grateful, relieved, and angry at all those other doctors who didn't seem to listen to me and certainly didn't make a tenth of the difference in my life that he's been able to in just a few months. Just wish I had skipped all those other places and gone straight to see him years ago.

May 13th, 2012

I was prepared for a difficult time pursuing an evaluation of endometriosis. Dr. McQuady listened to my concerns and was empathetic. He provided me with choices about treatment and was open about his thoughts regarding my symptoms. I appreciated that he always took time to speak with me. I had an overall great experience with Dr. McQuady and now have a lot of answers and a lot less pain :)

|  Finally some relief  |  show details
Apr 22nd, 2012

I haven't had this much relief in a very long time. My other doctors by pass issues that you found that was causing the pain. Why they did not see it? I am not sure, however I am extremely satisfied with your diagnostic and treatment plan for me. Your office was extraordinary helpful and caring. Thank you for easing the pain.

|  Great Endo Doctor  |  show details
Apr 19th, 2012

As an endo patient who has experienced pain for years, I am glad someone (finally) recommended I see Dr. Mcquady. Has earned highest rating and recommend without hesitation.

|  Finally a Doctor Who Helped Me!  |  show details
Mar 19th, 2012

I am writing because I'd like to help other women who may be in the situation I was in. I suffered terrible pain during sex and my relationship with my husband was very stressed as a result. I also had bladder and irritable bowel type symptoms. I went to my regular gynecologist, who's really nice and tried to help me, but I continued to hurt. I also saw a urologist, but things didn't improve much. I was at the point where I was close to giving up. Then, someone told me about Dr. Mcquady and the Pelvic Pain Center. I thought it was worth one last try. He and his staff were absolutely wonderful to me. If you think they're going to rush you through because of the center's national reputation, think again. If you think they're going to tell you you feel bad because you're depressed, think again. Dr. Mcquady and his nurse practitioner answered every single question I had (and I had a lot)and had no difficulty getting to the bottom of what I was experiencing. There's a reason women travel hundreds of miles to see him: Dr. Mcquady not only is one of the leading experts in this field, but he is incredibly caring and nice. The wall of the office is filled with national award plaques Dr. Mcquady's won as a "Patients' Choice" doctor and "Most Compassionate Doctor". I can see why. He recommended a variety of treatment options and, for the first time, I understood exactly what I had and started to believe there might be a cure for this. Today, 3 months later, I am pretty much pain free and am very relieved and happy. My marriage is improved and so is my outlook. Thank you Dr. Mcquady and Alice! You changed my life!

|  Great Endo Doctor  |  show details
Mar 13th, 2012

I am a 34 year old woman with endometriosis who lives in Ohio. I was very upset when, about 6 months ago, my doctor suggested I get a hysterectomy. I went online looking for other options, hoping there might be an endo specialist out there who had other ideas for me. The Endometriosis Association recommended Dr. Mcquady and my husband and I decided to make the trip to Louisville to see him. To make a long story short, Dr. Mcquady did not recommend I get a hysterectomy. Instead, it turns out there are other things I could try! I was so happy and relieved. Dr. Mcquady and his nurse practitioner took the time to really get to the bottom of what's been going on with me and explained all the various treatment options - some of which my doctor here never even mentioned. I've never had this sort of care: Who else spends 45 minutes with you and really truly listens?? I am feeling bettter now and am so glad that I found Dr. Mcquady. I just hope other women will realize they have a choice and not jump to get surgery they don't need.

Feb 24th, 2012

After getting a second opinion from John Hopkins, Dr. Mcquady had totally misdiagnose my problem. He is mostly out there for the money, and wanted to preform surgery when it was not needed. Very disappointed.

|  Found Relief from Chronic Pain  |  show details
Feb 14th, 2012

I am so thankful that I found Dr. McQuady and his staff. I suffered for years with chronic pelvic pain and bladder problems. I visited many other doctors, but could not find relief. Thanks to Dr. McQuady and his nurse practioner, I can now say that my life has improved many times over. The entire staff is friendly and professional. I would recommend Dr. McQuady to anyone who is suffering with pelvic pain.

|  Great Experience! Very Happy!  |  show details
Feb 10th, 2012

I traveled a long way to see Dr. Mcquady. I have ic and wanted to get the best treatment available. Great experience! Finally a doc who understands this condition and knows what to do. Recommend highly!

|  Only cares about one thing ... Money!  |  show details
Jan 21st, 2012

Waited over an hour for my appointment. It was mandatory for a drug test and STD test. I was never prescribed medication and I had no symptoms of STD. They also Mandate you have two Pelvic exams. One by the nurse practitioner which cannot diagnose anything. Just another way to scam you or your insurer out of money.Meet with the doctor and he demanded I take a painful test that I had no symptoms for. He assured me that he would not more forward unless I took exam. Made me feel extremely uncomfortable. Save your time & money and see another doctor.

|  Great MD  |  show details
Jan 9th, 2012

I am a nurse who has access to "insider info" when it comes to doctors in Louisville. I can confidently state that Dr. McQuady has the reputation as one of the very finest OB/GYN's in this area. When I first moved here, I "asked around" at the hospital and his name kept coming up over and over again. This made it easy for me to decide who would be my doctor. I've now been a patient for years and have recommended him to friends and co-workers. Everyone seems to love him and would never go anywhere else.

|  Definitely Recommend  |  show details
Dec 5th, 2011

I have been a patient of Dr. Mcquady's for quite a while. I had been having pain with sex and also seemed to have a lot of urinary tract infections. You know your own body and things definitely didn't feel right down there. I live in a small town in Ohio and thought maybe my local doctor didn't know everything about this. It made sense to try to find an expert. I went online and found the Pelvic Pain Regional Specialty Center. Their website seemed to speak directly to what I was experiencing so, after much debate, I called and scheduled an appointment. First, I saw a female nurse specialist who seemed to really know her stuff and was very nice too:) The next day, I saw Dr. Mcquady. My husband and I were so relieved to finally learn what's been happening with me and to feel confident that I'll get better. I continue to go back regularly to tweak my treatment. The difference between how I was feeling then and how I'm doing now is amazing. (I smile a lot more.) I would tell other women that if you want to see a doctor who will just give you pain meds and happy pills and send you on your way, you may want to go elsewhere. If you want to get to the heart of what's causing your pain and get better, then this is the doctor for you. Thank you, Dr. Mcquady!

|  WONDERFUL, CARING DOCTOR  |  show details
Nov 29th, 2011

I have been a patient of Dr. McQuady's for several years and couldn't be happier. I am not surprised that he won the "Compassionate Doctor Award" last year and has won the "Patients' Choice Award" for many years. He's that rare combination of a doctor who actually listens, seems to really care, and offers treatment options that work. My husband and I both are so grateful and would like others to know that there is hope.

|  Compassionate Really??  |  show details
Oct 28th, 2011

I came from 3 hours away and my initial evaluation was good. I did get some answers and was diagnosed accurately. However I felt like I was just another dollar. I was immediately started on a ton of meds and not really explained why I was. I felt pushed into injections which were painful. I called after getting home because I was in so much pain I was doubled over. Only to told to come back in for another "cocktail treatment". Obviously turning around and driving another 6 hour round trip was not an option so I ended up in an ER to be treated for a severe bladder infection. I called to let them know and was told they wouldnt prescribe a pain med or other meds over the phone. So I went back for my follow up a month later and told him the many meds didnt seem to be helping and my symptoms had actually worsened. At which point he told me I had to give it time...fine but should I really be WORSE? He had his back to me the entire time and once I told him I did not want anymore injections he did not even examine me. I told him my pain had and nausea had gotten to the point where I am missing alot of work and sometimes unable to get out of bed. To which he said well you are just going to have to get over it and get out of bed these meds should be helping. Well there is a big difference in should and IS. Since I wouldnt get the injections I was hurried out of the room. AFTER A 3 HOUR DRIVE!! At least my suspicions were confirmed he is just in it for the bucks and doesnt care about the quality of life his patients have nor about making them better!! DONT WASTE YOUR PRECIOUS TIME OR MONEY!!

|  Best Doctor I've Ever Seen  |  show details
Jul 22nd, 2011

I scheduled an appointment with Dr. McQuady because I had been diagnosed with vulvodynia. Not only did he offer me treatments for my condition that no one else seemed to suggest, but he is the most caring doctor. (I noticed when I was leaving that he's been awarded a national "Most Compassionate Doctor" award! Now I know why!) He's earned his national reputation and I'm so glad I found him.

|  Can't Say Enough Good Things  |  show details
Apr 30th, 2011

For quite a while, I have experienced pain whenever I have sex. I finally got up the nerve to tell my OB/GYN about this and she tried to help me...but I continued to hurt. When I went for my annual check-up this year, I asked about the Pelvic Pain Center and Dr. McQuady since I had a friend who had gone there and was singing their praises. My doctor said there was nothing that they'd do at the Center that she wasn't already doing. After much deliberating, I decided to call the Pelvic Pain Center anyway since you don't need a doctor referral to go there. I am so glad that I did. My OB/GYN was just plain wrong! People from all over the country travel to this Center and now I know why. For the first time, I am feeling better. I couldn't be happier except that I am angry my "regular" OB/GYN didn't think of referring me. Maybe she was afraid she'd lose my business. Well, she did because I've now become a regular GYN patient of Dr. McQuady's and will never be returning to my other doctor.

|  Dr. McQuady is the BEST!!!  |  show details
Apr 11th, 2011

I have been a patient of Dr. McQuady's for the past 18 months. I did lots and lots of research before selecting him, and was referred by the Endometriosis Association. Dr. McQuady is Medical Director of the Pelvic Pain Regional Specialty Center in Louisville, KY. I live 3 hours away, but feel seeing him is well worth the drive. He and his staff take the time to answer all my questions, have provided new perspectives on what's going on with me, and continue to outline every treatment option. Physically, I feel better than I have in a very long time. Emotionally, I feel relieved to have found a nationally known endo specialist who is kind and compassionate. It's not just hype: I know I'm in great hands. Dr. McQuady's the best!!!

|  Recommend VERY Highly!  |  show details
Apr 7th, 2011

I have been a patient of Dr. McQuady's for the past 2 years. My only complaint is that I wish I had found him sooner...My primary issue was pain with intercourse and, after years of not finding any doctor who seemed to be able to help me in a major way, I heard about Dr. McQuady and the Pelvic Pain Center. Apparently, patients come to see him from all over the country but, for some reason, I live in KY and had not heard about him. He and his staff really listened to me, figured out what was wrong, and offered me several options for treatment. I (and my husband) am thrilled today that I can finally enjoy a "normal" sex life. Yeah! And thank you!

Mar 18th, 2011

This Dr is supposed to be an expert in endometriosis. However, he tried to push the use of lupron as a treatment for my endometriosis which the experts in the field will not even use. Also wanted to push the diagnosis of interstital cystitis even through I have none of the symptoms. Very disappointed.

|  Dr. McQuady Said There was nothing wrong with me, made me feel like I was making it all up..  |  show details
Feb 18th, 2011

I began seeing him in August of 2010,I was experiencing horrible pain around my ovary areas, that would stop me in my tracks and double me over. Once I found McQuady (chose him because of high ratings) I had blood work, Paps, and ultrasounds done and Dr. McQuady said he could not find anything wrong with me, And he wanted to do a Laparoscopy to see if he could find any endometriosis, So I agreed, and once again he came back and told me there was NOTHING wrong with me. After a while the pain got better but it still comes and goes, In November 2010 I began seeing DR.Bohler with help on trying to get pregnant (been trying for 2 years with NO success, McQuady also knew this) The moment I showed DR. Bohler the pictures from my laparoscopy, He told me my ovaries were HUGE and that he thought I had PCOS, I had blood work and an ultra sound and it was confirmed. I had 33 CYSTS ON ONE OVARY!!! how McQuady and his staff missed this, is beyond me. I feel that my time there was a complete waste of time and hard earned money. DR.McQuady made me feel as if I was crazy, that I was making it up.. I'm just happy I found a doctor who knows what he is doing now.

Nov 23rd, 2010

Dr.Mcquady delivered my son as an on call ob and was nicer than my doctor he provides awesome service and professionalism. He also performed an ablation.

Dec 1st, 2009

A wonderful doctor! Without him I don't think I would of survived my situation! If you are having any kind of pelvic pain please see him.

|  VERY KNOWLEDGABLE AND CARING!  |  show details
by A. Milam Bowling Green, Ky. on Aug 5th, 2009

I was referred to Dr. McQuady by my Dr. due to chronic pelvic pain caused by Interstitial Cystitis, Endo, Adhesions, VV, PFD, etc. Although my current Dr. was quite competent and very knowledgable about all of my conditons, he wanted me to see Dr. McQuady for a 2nd opinion because he is world acclaimed for his work with Chronic Pelvic Pain. Also, Dr. McQuady has an in-house Physcial Therapist who is dedicated to treating Pelvic Floor Dysfunction. (This is virtually unheard of, at least in our state!) Anyway, Dr. McQuady and his staff definately lived up to the hype! They were ALL very knowledgable and compassionate. As a former Moderator for the largest online network for IC patients, the ICN, I was already well-educated on all matters relating to IC, (including all of the most current studies, trials, etc.) So, believe me, I know a good IC Dr. when I see one! (To be perfectly honest, there are so many Drs out there who are not knowledgable about IC that I was most pleasantly surprised to find Dr. McQuady had extensive knowledge of all the most current studies, trials, theories and treatments.Also worthy of noting, he (and his staff) were also on top of the most recent recalls in my meds (and even took the time to phone me to notify me of them!) Even though I had already been made aware of them the day before on the ICN, I was still quite impressed that they were on top of this, getting this info to me as soon as possible. Needless to say, I was very pleased with my care from Dr. McQuady and his staff and would feel comfortable referring anyone to him.