Orthopaedic Surgeon, Surgical Specialist
Video profile

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

Some ratings provided by Doctor.com. DrScore.
 |  Honest Opinion-very upfront!  |  show details
Dec 17th, 2014

blatantly honest doctor. Told me i did not need neck and back surgery. He suggested chiropractics and I go better!

|  Confident Doctor, extremely smart  |  show details
by Mark A on Aug 26th, 2014

I was diagnosed with spinal stenosis, and was a patient of Dr. Molinari from day one. Just from the initial appointment and talking with him, I could tell that Dr. Molinari was extremely talented at what he does and takes care of his patients. I would consider him one of the top spinal experts in the nation. My surgery went smoothly and every step of the way he made sure to explain in detail what was happening. His support staff - PA Bill Gruhn and RN Lauren are equally amazing and courteous. I will say that Dr. Molinari can be very blunt and straight to the point. He is a no BS kind of guy, which I like. Instead of interpreting this as a negative trait, you should take comfort, because this is how the best doctors usually act. What Dr. Molinari may lack in "tenderness", Bill and Lauren certainly make up for it. Together they are a complete team. I would 100% recommend friends and family to Dr. Molinari as I have complete confidence in him and his support staff.

|  Lumbar Herniated Disc Surgery  |  show details
by Katie O'Donnell on Nov 12th, 2013

I was at the time a young 22 year old (now 23) in massive pain in my low back. I was suffering from a herniated disc and a fractured vertebrae. (L4) I was in and out of the hospital all of last summer, x ray after x ray with no results of what was going on and why I couldn't move or even stand up straight. FINALLY after a long summer of pain I was able to get an MRI done on my back, and the result was an enlarged herniated disc. Not too long after I knew what was going on, I was able to go and see Dr.Molinari and his wonderful staff. The surgery went smoothly and I was up and moving around just little over a week after my surgery. I highly recommend Dr.Molinari and his staff for any back problems and if you are in need of any kind of back surgery!

|  Wonderful Doctor and Surgeon  |  show details
by Sheila F on Aug 27th, 2013

I had spinal stenosis and disk surgery because I could not walk for 2 years. I tried everything and went to 6 doctors. Molinari was up front and told me my diagnosis with an explanation using a plastic spine model and pictures. I trusted him from day 1 and he fixed my back problem. I was better in 2 weeks and now have my life back. Thanks doc@!

|  Highly recommend  |  show details
by BC on Aug 4th, 2013

Dr gave me home phone number. Gave wonderful care that was thorough and explained well each step of way. Glad I chose and highly recommend

|  Right Choice! Thanks  |  show details
by JOhn K on Jun 20th, 2013

I chose Dr Molinari for my spine surgery based on my reading this site 6 months ago. He was confident (not cocky as some on this site suggest). I knew right away that I was comfortbale with choosing him. He did the surgery and I was able to go on a cruise 2 weeks later without back pain. I highly recommend him. He is a great surgeon with good bedside matter!

|  Honest, Caring, Compassionate, Great Surgeon!  |  show details
by Cindy P on Jun 17th, 2013

I feel like I have to let people know about Dr Molinari. He took care of my son's paralyzing spine fracture and now my son walks again. I brought my aging father to him in Rochester with crippling spinal stneosis and now my father is up and walking better than ever. I personally have known Dr Molinari for 10 years. He is highly skilled and does all of the most difficult spine surgery in ROchester. He truly cares about his patients. My family is lucky to have him. This is the best doctor!!

|  show details
Jun 4th, 2013

I have never been treated so poorly in a doctor's office. He was rude, unprofessional, and through his tone and urgency to finish with my appointment implied that I was wasting his time. He kept asking if I had questions. I wish I had asked if he is always such a jerk.

|  Do Not Go To Him  |  show details
May 24th, 2013

Very rude, incomplete work up. Plus my neighbor ended up half crippled after surgery from him.

|  Spinal Stenosis Fixed!  |  show details
Nov 7th, 2012

Dr Molinari fixed my 82 yo mother's spinal problem and she walked better the day after surgery. She is now walking 1/2 mile a day! The doctor was confident and not pushy. We decided to have the surgery. I knew when I met him he was good!

|  good listener Doctor  |  show details
Nov 2nd, 2012

Dr Molinari listened to my problem better than any other doctor I have ever seen. He figured out my problem and prescribed me physical therapy and home traction. I feel better!

|  great Doctor  |  show details
by G. P. on Nov 2nd, 2012 on doctor.com

I had spinal stenosus and Dr Molinari fixed it! I walk better now than I did ten years ago. Thanks Doc!

|  Canned Visit  |  show details
Sep 19th, 2012

I believe Dr. Molinari has a canned response to every first visit, no matter what your issue is. He didn't even look at the test results that other Drs. had already done...his responses were errogant, demanding that he already knows what my issues were no matter what anyone else has proven. I felt like I was starting from scratch again, even though I have already had a month of treatment for my problems. Dr. Molinari was as caring as a car salesman.

|  DREAM TEAM!  |  show details
Sep 18th, 2012

Dr. Molinari and Bill Gruhn are definitely the "Dream Team." Very honest, caring, thorough.....and they made me better. I felt better the very day of surgery and continue to improve every day...I would have no hesitation in recommending Dr. Molinari to anyone.

|  Sons neck fracture  |  show details
Aug 16th, 2012

Dr Molinari took care on my son's neck fracture from a bad car accident at Strong Memorial in Rochester. We could not have had better care. My sons neck is fixed and he has no pain is back to school! Dr Molianri was professional and explained all the risks and good things to us. We were lucky to have Dr Molinari there for us in our time of need!

|  Honest and Caring Doctor  |  show details
by J. S. on Aug 16th, 2012 on doctor.com

Treated spinal stenosis and my pain is gone. Highly recommend!

|  Wonderful Doctor  |  show details
by G. P. on Aug 16th, 2012 on doctor.com

My mother had severe spijnal stenosis that was treated by Dr Molinari and Bill Gruhn. She walks better now that she did years ago. Their care was hone ...

|  Thanks Guys!  |  show details
Jun 5th, 2012

Dr Molinari and Bill Gruhn are a great team! My mother has spinal stenosis surgey and now she walks much better than she has in the last 10 years. Thanks guys! A Grateful Patient's Daughter

|  Honest Opinion  |  show details
Mar 26th, 2012

felt comfortable throughout. Thought care was compassionate and honest.

|  Outstanding Care  |  show details
Feb 15th, 2012

Dr. Molinari and Bill Gruhn are an outstanding and life-changing team. After months of non-surgical care, I was referred to Dr. Molinari's office. Treatment options, including surgery, were discussed; surgery was scheduled. Waking up after surgery and having no lower back and leg pain was such a relief! Thank you! Three weeks post surgery and I'm moving as easily as I did before my back injury.

|  Most Honest  |  show details
Oct 15th, 2011

Dr Molinari and Bill Gruhn were very honest with me. I have ahd 2 prevoiuos spine fusions and went to them for another opinion. They both recommended no more surgery and they explained my condition to me in much more detail than any else has ever had. I highly recommend Dr Molinari and Bill Gruhn.

|  Daughter's Scoliosis  |  show details
Jul 5th, 2011

We found Dr. Molinari on this website after our 13 year old daughter was diagnosed with severe scoliosis. Due to the degree of curvature and the things we had read, we knew she was going to need surgery. Dr. Molinari was as good as all the previous comments suggest. He's very efficient at keeping his schedule moving so there is not much of a wait, yet he takes the time to make sure all your questions are answered. He was excellent in dealing with our daughter ... always kind, caring and upbeat about her prognosis. His level of knowledge and positive outlook made us feel totally comfortable with the procedure. His staff was excellent as well. We could not have asked for better care during a very stressful time. I just can't say enough. Thank you Dr. Molinari, Bill, and Lauren. You are all amazing!

|  Thanks & better  |  show details
Jun 29th, 2011

I am 76 years old and had spinal stenosis surgery. Dr Molinari did my surgery and followed me thorough every step of the way. He even gave me his cell phone # and home phone # when I left the hospital on the weekend. This doctor really cares about his patients. i felt confident in his ability as soon as I met him.

|  Nice Doctor and great staff  |  show details
Apr 30th, 2011

Dr Molinari and Bill Gruhn are very nice and caring. I would recommend them highly to anyone.

|  Thank you Bill Gruhn, Dr Molinari, & Lauren!!!  |  show details
Mar 25th, 2011

My daughter had severe spinal curving scolosis. We drove a long way to see Dr Molinari. We were put at ease rigth away. The care and surgery were perfect. She now looks & feels great!!! Thanks Dr Molinari ,Mr Gruhn, and Lauren. I highly recommend you to everyone I know!

|  Thanks Dr Robert Molinari  |  show details
by Greatful Patient on Feb 4th, 2011

Thanks for giving me a positive outlook on my problem. You made a tremendous difference! God Bless you always!!!!

|  Great Doctor  |  show details
by GREGDETRONE@aol.com on Jan 3rd, 2011

Dr Molinari fixed my dad's spinal stneosis. Dad now walks great at age 91! I would highly recommend Dr Molinari!

|  Miricle Worker!  |  show details
Nov 30th, 2010

Dr Molinari helped my mother by performing an operaton on her broken and paralysed spine. She is much better and walking! He talked us through each step of the way and continues to care for us. Thank you Dr Robert Molinari.

|  Micro lumbar disc surgery  |  show details
Oct 26th, 2010

I would highly recommend Dr. Molinari and his staff. I was in so much pain, I couldnt walk. The procedure was well explained, without pressure to proceed. The procedure was performed without complications. I was walking, without pain, for the first time in months, just 7 hours from my surgery. Follow up questions and contact was great. I couldn't ask for a better experience

|  Thanks Dr Molinari  |  show details
Aug 11th, 2010

My mother broke her spine in a car accident. Dr Molinari put us at ease, put my mom's spine back together perfectly, and now she is doing fine. We were lucky to have Dr Molinari as our doctor!

|  show details
by Thankful wife on Jun 17th, 2010

My husband suffered from an internal decapitation, along with a core spinal cord injury. Dr. Molinari performed his surgery of the fusion of his vertebrae. My Husband was supposed to be a quadripalegic, and instead he is walking and using his arms today. This is due to Dr. Molinari and his team. Dr. Molinari is inspirational in his work and professionalism. He believed in my husbands recovery, and at a very trying time that helps you believe too. We have recomended him to everyone, and will continue to do so.

|  Most Caring Doctor  |  show details
May 21st, 2010

Dr Molinari is a very caring doctor. He treated my neck problem without doing an operation. I think he is the most honest doctor that I've ever met. He clearly was interested in me getting better!

|  Nice and Competent Surgeon  |  show details
by Another Grateful Patient on Mar 6th, 2010

Dr Molinari is the most confident and competent spine surgeon. He treated my difficult back problem very well and he showed great care and concern for me througout the entire process. I give himthe highest rating!

|  great doctor  |  show details
Mar 1st, 2010

Dr Molinari was the only doctor who was able to diagnose my problem and treat it. I am noe painn free. Thanks dac!

|  Great Doctor  |  show details
by Thanks!!! on Jan 4th, 2010

Wonderful doctor who gave gtreat care to my injured mom! I highly recommend him to all- grateful patient's family member

|  Outstanding Doctor!  |  show details
by A Very Grateful Patient's Mother on Jun 5th, 2009

My daughter suffered a severe spinal cord injury in an accident. Dr Molinari fixed her spinal injury and she walked out of the hospital. I have never met a more caring and compassionate surgeon. Thank God that my daughter was taken to Strong Memorial Hospital for his care!