Dr. Robert Montemurro MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

May 13th, 2016
Horrible office manager/staff
First, I would like to say that I've been a patient of Dr. Robert Montemurro for over 12 years. He is an amazing Dr. and so is his daughter. The issue is the office unfortunately. The receptionist, Jackie, is clearly overwhelmed and has difficulty completing paperwork, such as FMLA paperwork in a timely fashion. The issue that has caused me to find a new OB is that I feel like the service has changed significantly. The office is in a new location (my third office as his patient) and although very nice, seems to just have a revolving door of patients. I had my daughter 14 months ago and I feel like the amount of time with him during appoints only consist of a urine sample and a "how do you feel? Any questions?" The appointments are literally no more than 2 minutes. Which would be acceptable (considering how long I've know him) if everything in the office was up to par. I was left feeling like a number at 33 weeks with my second child and that is not why I was his patient. Additionally, the FMLA paperwork was an issue. Mostly because Jackie is overwhelmed and could not complete the paperwork in 2 weeks! She had mentioned several times that the office is very busy and even when I gave her an opportunity to work on it on her own time and email the paperwork to me, she still didn't get it done. I then contacted her to get an update and after getting the run around Dr. Montemurro's wife (office manager) attempted to collect $50 for the paperwork! She mentioned that there are signs posted with paperwork completion fees and it's due to having to pay people "hourly to do paperwork!" I explained that this was NEVER explained to me nor charged the first time around. She stated that the first time must have been a "gift" from the office. I explained that it wasn't about the money but the fact that this was never explained and that I needed the paperwork for work and it's been over 2 weeks! She stated that I would have to pay in order to get the paperwork. I then asked her if there was a cancellation policy where I would be charged for cancelling an appointment (which is posted everywhere) and she stated "no." So I proceeded to cancel the appointment. She had no type of concern, obviously because the the revolving door of patients. It's put the office in the position to not care and be willing to lose a loyal patient(s). My mother and sister are also patients. I'm sure Dr. Montemurro doesn't even know that he lost a patient. The bigger issue lies in the vindictive behavior of his wife. I had to get a new OB considering how far along I am in my pregnancy and it has been a nightmare. The request for my records were sent on a Wednesday and my appointment for the new Dr. was set for Friday. The new office stated that they were "not cooperating" and would not release the records with the authorization faxed over. I contacted the office and a guy/girl (I couldn't tell by the voice) Alex stated that "yes" they received it and that they technically had 30 days to complete the request! I finally mentioned that I knew that his wife would be an issue and that she would have them sit on the paperwork in order to screw me over. Alex then responded that, that was not the case and that he would work on it the same day. That obviously was not done and my appointment with the new Dr. had to be cancelled. This has all been a nightmare and unfortunately it is not Dr. Montemurro's fault, it is his wife's fault and she has has been complained about by several patients including my mother. Sad thing is that when I had my daughter, and when his wife was recovering from her broken leg, I sent an edible arraignment valued over $120... I should have just saved the money for the ridiculous charge for paperwork. I have no faith in the staff and have overheard multiple conversations about patients and his wife MFing people but never saw it an issue due to it not being my business. Just look for a Dr. and an office with more attentiveness, professionalism, and dedication to customer service. Don't be another number!

September 15th, 2015
Best GYN EVER
I have nothing but great things to say about Dr. Robert Montemurro. He has always kept me calm and put me at ease and takes extra care with me. I have a terrible vasal vagal reaction, and knowing this, he is extra careful and keeps conversation going with me to take my mind off of the procedure. I have gone to him for annuals as well as other procedures and he is excellent!

May 3rd, 2015
Teacher
Best doctor ever. Very professional and knowledgeable.

February 6th, 2015
I love Dr. Monte, as I like to call him. I've been going to Dr. Monte for ten years. He also delivered both my younger brothers. It is truly like family when going to my appointments. I hope to one day have him deliver my children.

December 11th, 2014
Suspicious of Cancer Patient
This Dr. does not care to answer any questions you may have about breast cancer. He either instructs his staff to call you back instead, does not care enough to talk to you, or is unaware of his staff not giving him messages. He originally seemed like a nice guy, but just because of the insensitivity towards a possible breast cancer, I will not return.

July 21st, 2014
Excellent doctor great office

February 7th, 2012
I will never have any other man deliver my children
Monte has been my doctor since I was 18. He's been there for with any issues I have had and he treats me and my husband with the utmost respect. I had the pleasure of being with him when I was pregnant with my first child and he was the best! He dealt with my late night phone calls and emergency appointments and was always his normal happy self. I went into labor early and he was there thru the whole labor and after the 20th hour of labor and I was ready for a c section he pushed me thru almost like a coach and I delivered my daughter naturally. Monte is an amazing doctor and we feel like heis family!

April 19th, 2011
Excellent Doctor and Caring
Dr Montemurro is the best Doctor I have ever had. His professionalism is very high, he is naturally caring and his patients are 1st then him. I have been his patient for over 10 years and I wont change him for someone else. I have recommended him for all my friends and family and they all individaully feel the same as I do. Excellent doctor...excellent person!

September 15th, 2010
Doctor was very sympathetic towards my menopause symptoms, overall health and was sure that he could help me with the bio identical hormones. It's been around a year since I started on them and feel 95% better. I have already recommended this doctor to others.