2.5

Awesome surgeon, not so awesome person show details Awesome surgeon, not so awesome person
Feb 19th, 2015

He is hands down the best pediatric surgeon in this area. If your child needs surgery, you want it done by him. He is a perfectionist and very precise. He leaves incisions that are extremely small. He is very stuck up and sure of himself. His bedside manner is very poor, but that doesn't matter when you weigh it against his surgery skills. He does not believe in doing unnecessary surgery, and this can be a problem, but he is thinking about what is best for the patient. I really do not like him as a person, but I will choose him as my child's surgeon over any other person around here.

knowledgeable but after care was terrible show details knowledgeable but after care was terrible
Oct 7th, 2010

My daughter had two emergency surgeries with Dr. Morden. If I'd had a choice he would not have touched her a second time. After the first surgery she got a terrible infection. I found out afterward that she did not receive the proper does of antibiotic before surgery. He was not even going to give her one at all, until a resident reminded him to do it. After the second surgery I requested a GI consult but he was so sure she was fine that he refused. 2 months later we are still dealing with GI issues. Once we finally got into a GI specialist we were told she should have been seen while she was in the hospital after the surgery. Dr. Morden is a good surgeon and he is the first one to tell you so. As long as my child's stats were good he did not care about anything I had to say. He even had a temper tantrum and walked out of her room when I dared to question things he had said. He will never touch one of my kids again. He does not want the parent involved in the child's care at all and clearly does not believe in a mother's instincts. He does not act well if you question him and has quite the attitude if you even hint at asking if there is another way to do things. His way is best and that's the end of it. I think it is time for him to retire.

Great show details Great
by Citysearch User on Jun 17th, 2008 on insiderpages.com

Dr Morden helped our family out years ago with my infant son. He was the one who diagnosed him with his problem and performed surgery to hel...

Read Full Review at insiderpages.com