Dr. Robert Holtzman MD Patient Reviews

• Neurological Surgery New Hyde Park, NY

3.8

May 28th, 2017
Ignored patients needs
My daughter had came into the ER with a fractured skull from day care. she was two months old. Dr. Holtzman was the neurosurgeon caring for my daughter. He did not order the proper testing. Instead he ordered full body scan and a few CAT scans(which is way too much radiology for a two month old baby or any infant). I requested to speak to him on numerous occasions messages were left and he just ignored me. He did not come and see my daughter and was able to diagnose her without even touching her or without even ordering the proper testing.she needed and MRI (Other doctors said that would be the best test) to determine many things. CPS was automatically involved and he had told cps not to let the baby go back into my care unless they found out what happened to the baby and save the daycare with not admitting to it I still don't have my daughter because of this man, that I've NEVER spoke too . Be very very careful. I am in a medical profession as well and I have never even herd of such a thing!!!!. And then on the discharge forms she had the baby follow up with a neurosurgeon in two weeks who was on vacation for the rest of the month. ( he was aware ) I was dealing with the office without even knowing that he had made those nasty statements about me and the office was cruel and heartless as well going based off an of an opinion. And what breaks my heart the most is that my daughter could have been seriously damaged because of this and other patients are at risk. On top of that I'm being judge by a brain surgeon for taking my two-month-old baby to daycare on her first day. A brain surgeon. It's scary that's you put your trust in these people and they can let you down. Physically and emotionally. I would not wish that on my worst enemy.

May 28th, 2017
Ignored patients needs

August 30th, 2015
Excellent doctor. Very grateful for his expertise and wonderful bedside manner.

February 19th, 2015
Dr.Holtzman saved my life. I had no desire to continue to live due to my pain and was given no hope of recovery by ten other neurosurgeons . Dr. Holtzman reviewed my MRI's and other test results , had me flown in to the United States and performed several surgeries followed by rehab. I am as good as new perhaps better living a wonderful full life. I am very grateful and owe my life to this marvelous doctor.I love him.

August 13th, 2013
brain injury
In 2010 I fell 8ft/from a terrace landing on my back, cracking my oxcipital lobe and severily damaging my periatel & frontal lobes. Dr. Holtzman and his Harlem Hospital staff worked feverashly to save my life. I'll never forget the gift of love and care he gave me.

February 15th, 2012
wendy greenblatt, ba, ms.edu
dr. holtzman is one of the most professional, knowledgeable professionals i have ever come across; if you do need a neuro-surgeon, dr. holtzman is the doctor to see

February 14th, 2012
PAT
I HAD A BRAIN ANEURYSM IN 1988.DR. HOLTZMAN SAVED MY LIFE

September 13th, 2010
doctor Holtzman spent a long time with me and made me feel comfortable during a difficult procedure. I am 100% better.

August 23rd, 2010
I have known Dr. Holtzman for many years now and he has operated on members of my family and friends with excellent results. He is honest and kind, and diligent in his work to try to get the best results for his patients. His personal attention and caring attitude have come through every time. I highly recommend his services.

October 27th, 2009
Doc. Holtzman saved my Mothers life

October 4th, 2009
My Surgeon and Fridne
Dr Holtzman has operated on 4 times in the last 25 or so years .He is caring intelligent and very professional.I would and have recommended him to friends

October 2nd, 2009
saved my daughters life. personable and brilliant.