great job doc!! show details great job doc!!
by john conway on Feb 24th, 2015

dr namba came highly reccomended to me, and i would do the same to anybody that asked me. The pain has been minimal from day one,and the strength in the knee has improved at an incredible rate daily. I quit using a walker after ten days and after two weeks i am able to walk without a cane but keep one at hand just to make sure i don't overdo it.

Knee replacement with Dr. Namba show details Knee replacement with Dr. Namba
by Jan riesch on Feb 19th, 2015

I found Dr. Namba to be very compassionate and caring. He was very sensitive to my pain level. This is the second knee replacement he has performed on me. I am expecting the same spectacular results on the most recent surgery. After having just one knee done I was able to walk my dog again and stand long enough to decorate my Christmas tree. The anesthesiologist on his team actually took the time to tell me he would not be involved with the latest surgery and introduced the anesthesiologist who would be taking care of me. That anesthesiologist spoke with me and reassured me. Dr. Namba's PA's, Ben and John listened to everything I had to say and gave me great feedback. I went into this surgery feeling very calm, but at the same time excited for this opportunity to greatly improve the quality of my life.

Knee surgery show details Knee surgery
by Sandra on Feb 16th, 2015

He was excellent ! I. Am waiting for my second knee surgery to be scheduled .

State of the Art show details State of the Art
by Sean Murphy on Feb 9th, 2015

I am so thankful for Dr. Namba and his ortho crew. Everyone at San Canyon is friendly, helpful, and professional; furthermore, they exude an air of confidence that emmidiately puts you at ease. State of the art is how I describe the whole experience. Rehab has gone better than expected. I can't thank Dr. Namba enough for helping me get my life back.

Dr, Namba and Staff show details Dr, Namba and Staff
by Kate on Jan 30th, 2015

No question was made to seem trivial. Use of Health Loop afforded a chance to ask questions and receive feedback on this end. To date I've spent more time with his PA, but staff's response has to reflect his values.

by Goarik Melkonian on Jan 27th, 2015

I would like to rate 5 stars

Happy Camper show details Happy Camper
by Mike P. on Jan 24th, 2015

Dr. Namba was all that I was told , even more. I first met him 14 years ago. He was great then and even better when I asked him to work his magic on me. I would highly recommend him to anyone who asks me..

by Charlene S on Jan 23rd, 2015

Dr Namba is the utmost professional doctor I have ever been to. You can tell he truly is concerned about your health care and wants to do the very best job to help you. He is excellent at his profession and has a follow up system that is amazing from the beginning to the end. Dr Namba has helped me get my quality of life back.

Would recommend Dr. Namba show details Would recommend Dr. Namba
Jan 20th, 2015

Dr. Namba was patient and answered all my questions both prior to and after surgery. He was extremely knowledgeable & gave me confidence about what was going to happen & about recovery. I never felt rushed or dismissed in any way. He also demonstrated a willingness to work with me when I expressed a concern. Care was excellent & recovery virtually painless.

Hip Replacement show details Hip Replacement
Dec 31st, 2014

Dr. Namba is a professional in every way. The thing I like best about his surgery is he tends to opt for the anterior entry, thereby, alleviating all the weird concerns about keeping the body at a 90 degree angle if the entry is done posterior. So much easier to recuperate.

by Margaret Ferreira on Dec 2nd, 2014

Dr.Namba was very respectful and professional. I appreciate the surgery and his skills and the pain that has been removed from me.

Nov 21st, 2014

I found the care from Dr Namba and his assistants personable and professional. Always a smile and a friendly greeting.

Total Knee Replacement show details Total Knee Replacement
by Martha Hurtado on Nov 4th, 2014

Dr. Namba has incredible bedside manners and listens carefully to everything I say. He pays such close attention to detail and his follow up is daily. He prepared me thoroughly for my surgery and left no questions I had unanswered. He and his staff are so professional and caring.

Hospital Experience show details Hospital Experience
by Adrienne Ruben on Nov 1st, 2014

My entire hospital experience was very positive. Everyone involved was attentive and professional. Surgery is not a pleasant thing, but I felt I was in competent and caring hands and would recommend Kaiser to anyone looking for a Health Care provider.

The Craftsman show details The Craftsman
by James R. on Oct 30th, 2014

My wife an I thank God (literally) that we were able to have Dr. Namba perform the Knee Replacement surgery I needed if I wanted to keep walking. He has a comfortable balance between an engaging personal manor and serious attention to the job at hand – fixing my knee. He is also very direct, letting prospective patients know that his work is mostly done after 1 or 2 hours. The rest of the outcome (with serious amounts of support) depends on how hard you are willing to work. The whole process is spelled out in detail before you sign up. Dr. Namba is a true craftsman, making sure that all the new components fit and work with the original parts that are kept. Almost forgot... My knee is working great! Minimal pain for the extent of the work done!

Kaiser review show details Kaiser review
by Robert Goossen on Oct 30th, 2014

Everything was reviewed thoroughly and all questions answered I went in to surgery knowing exactly what was to be done and what I have to do after and as of now everything has been great. Also being able to contact medical staff through health net & emailing another doc in my care has been wonderful thanks Bob

Knee Replacement Operation show details Knee Replacement Operation
by Norio Uyematsu on Oct 29th, 2014

My memorable experience was when I entered the operating room and I saw a nurse being suited up with protection gear and I made a comment if she was contagious. I woke up in my room after the operation. Yes, I would recommend Doctor Namba highly as a knee replacement surgeon. The doctor needs a new ruler. When he made the incision on my knee it was not straight but wiggly.

Left Hip Total Replacement Surgery show details Left Hip Total Replacement Surgery
by Richard Bailey on Oct 18th, 2014

Dr. Namba was an excellent choice for my Total Left Hip Replacement Surgery in September. He is an amazing orthopedic surgeon! In fact, he will be doing my Total Right Hip Replacement Surgery in December. I am so thankful and grateful for his surgical experience and professionalism and that of his supporting staff. Thanks, Richard

by Deborah Taylor on Oct 16th, 2014

It has been fantastic. From the first time I meet Dr. Namba I have always felt comfortable and in good hands

Double hip replacement patient show details Double hip replacement patient
by Cynthia Simms Smith on Oct 13th, 2014

Friendly, matter of fact, and Listens to the patient. In all steps with post op, surgery, preop you always knew what was happening and a staff the make sure you understood and very comfortable with the upcoming surgery and post op care.

MR show details MR
by FRANK on Oct 8th, 2014

Everything went smooth.

Dr Namba Changed my life show details Dr Namba Changed my life
May 2nd, 2012

Dr. Namba specializes in the Anterior hip replacement procedure. This procedure has two precautions and enables the patient to return to the most normal life possible.I had surgery on Friday morning and could have returned home on Sunday. I opted to stay until Monday because it worked better with my care giving situation.I have less pain than I have had in three years. I also am taking fewer medications.I was so satisfied with Dr. Namba from our first meeting. His team is outstanding and Kaiser has been the best and most outstanding hospital experience I have EVER had. Everything was plotted out and executed with complete precision.Thas has been a life changing experience for me and you can not have a finer physician than Dr. Robert S. Namba.

Total satisfaction with this Doctor for my knee replacements show details Total satisfaction with this Doctor for my knee replacements
Apr 17th, 2012

Very skilled and caring doctor who did both of my knee replacements. Perfect surgery and wonderful recovery and usage.I would recommend Dr. Namba to anyone.

Excellent! show details Excellent!
Apr 21st, 2010

I suffered knee pain for about 4 years. When my then-Ortho told me that I had arthritis but was "too young for surgery" so I "would have to suffer for about 10 years before [she[ would agree to surgery." I began to look for a new Ortho, and received a glowing referral to Dr. Namba from my physical therapist. Her young son underwent surgery, performed by Dr. Namba and she LOVED HIM! So, I went to see Dr. Namba. He immediately sent me for X-Rays, then gave me a shot. When that did not relieve the pain for more than 2-3 weeks, Dr. Namba immediately scheduled me for surgery. Turns out my pain was the result of torn/hanging miniscus. Within weeks of my initial visit with Dr. Namba, he performed knee surgery on one of my knees. He was excellent! And I recouped quite rapidly and with little discomfort. I highly recommend Dr. Namba, and would take my mother or daughter to him. He is outstanding!