General Practitioner, Dermatologist, Family Practitioner

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

2.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore. Yahoo.
 |  Unprofessional  |  show details
Sep 12th, 2014

While I was waiting for Dr. Norman to see me, I could hear him yelling and swearing at his staff. Very unprofessional

|  Very unprofessional  |  show details
Jul 17th, 2014

I've had such a horrible and frustrating experience with this office. I made an appointment and asked for Dr Norman specifically. When I came in, they sent a nurse practitioner to see me. I asked where doctor Norman was, and they said he went out of town. They then charged me the full copay for this appointment. I'm a medical professional myself, and I consider this very unprofessional. I made an appointment to see a doctor not a nurse practitioner. They'd charge us for missing an appointment but then left the office without noticing the patients and then sent a lower level practitioner to see me. I'd just visit a Minute Clinic at CVS if I wanted to see a nurse practitioner and would have saved $50. I'd definitely contact the Board of Medicines regarding this issue and encourage everyone to do the same.

|  Angry  |  show details
by one angry hearing impaired patient on Apr 11th, 2014

The staff at this office are not only rude and disrespectful but have no concept of how to tell the truth to a waiting patient who's appointment was at 3 pm, asked to be there by 2:30 only to have to wait well past 3:45 to be told again "you're next"! Then when you ask what doctor you will be seeing, the staff tells you the doctor you saw the first time quit and is no longer there. I don't recommend this office to my enemy!!

Mar 21st, 2014

Very bad experience with 2 visits with my children, they run a teaching office. Office was not clean and staff should be alot more educated. Never put a bandaid on a acid treatment, it made a pin hole a quarter size hole in my 4 year old daughter leg. Never will i go back to that office, i don't care how far i have to travel!!! never would recommend

|  office and Dr  |  show details
by Yannett Rodriguez on Mar 20th, 2014

In my opinion I think Dr Norman is a Very Nice man, Cares about his patients and takes the time to actually speak about the problem and solve it. He's a very smart man who is not only a Dr but is a leader in the dermatology world and is very well respected. His office staff is also amazing. i would visit his office any time.

|  Avoid this office  |  show details
Mar 10th, 2014

You won't see Dr. Norman, you'll see Kate Sedlaczek, a nurse practitioner. I waited an hour past my appointment time to see her for a minute. She has given me three different answers on what to do with the spot where she removed a mole. Nothing has helped. She doesn't know what she is doing. All she wants to do is cut into you and send you on your way. I am going to get a second opinion. She said the wound would scab over and fall off when I put vaseline on it. That hasn't happened. Now she says it has healed and will take a year to go away. Avoid this office.

|  Awsome!!!!  |  show details
by Ruby Brooker on Feb 3rd, 2014

I went to see Dr Norman because I had an awful case of alopecia. My hair was falling out by the handsful. I was actually getting bald. I had been to two different derm. but they said it couldn't be helped. Dr Norman told me what he would do & said it would help. It did & now I have a full head of hair & no longer have to wear a hat. I also needed a B-12 shot which I could not get from my primary dr. The staff at Dr Norman's ofc is wonderful, answer questions, offer suggestions. Dr Norman is very friendly & down to earth & makes you feel very comfortable. If you need a derm. do not hesitate another minute. Call now or you're wasting precious time.

|  Worst "Doctor" appointment ever  |  show details
by Nik Strik on Dec 16th, 2013

If I could give 0 stars, I would. Worst "doctor" office experience of my life. I put doctor in quotations, because although I specifically made an appointment for a Doctor, there was no Doctor in the office. When I made the appointment, the receptionist did Not tell me that Dr. Norman was at his other office and I would be seen exclusively by a nurse practitioner (NP). I found this to be very unprofessional and deceitful. I should also note that I don't believe Dr. Norman is a Board Cert Dermatogist as his website states. He is a board certified DO, who specializes in dermatology. I do not believe he completed a dermatology residency, and I'm checking to see if he Board Certified by American Board of Dermatology. This is also very deceitful if true. The office itself is somewhat unappealing, slightly dingy. I was called back 45 min late and what I think was a medical assistant (he did not introduce himself) hastily took my information and left. I was then seen by a NP (who was very nice), but I specifically made an appointment to see a doctor. She attempted to find the pathologist, but he apparently left because an 'emergency', which she had no idea about. I later realized that this was just a token measure because the pathologist, Dr. Eng doesn't ever see patients. I complained to the office manager and explained that this visit was not what I made an appoint for and I wanted my $45 co-pay reimbursed. The receptionist then begins to repeated yell at me in broken English, "Then you shouldn't have got seen". I deciphered this statement to mean that I shouldn't have seen the NP. I explained I wouldn't have had I been told when I made the appointment that Dr. Norman was not in. In the end the refunded my co-pay and removed the visit from their records. If only I could have my 2 hours of wasted life back. I strongly recommend that you avoid Dr. Norman and his offices. I recommend Tampa Bay Dermatology in Lutz, Dr. Ross was excellent, the staff was professional and courteous and the office was very nice.

|  He is not a time waster!  |  show details
Nov 30th, 2013

With a complex case I've been to many many doctors. This was the second Dermatologist I've seen and this guy will not waste time like every other doctor!! Once you get in there he does what he needs to. He does biopsy,blood work,tests and gives meds!! Also the best part Is he takes people of all ages!!! Come to Dr. Norman he will fix you!!

|  doctor visit  |  show details
by Karen on Jul 18th, 2013

I have not been to the office in a few years but it was time to see Dr. Norman again. His staff was very nice and I was in and out in no time.

|  over charged  |  show details
by john on Jul 2nd, 2013

I went in to the Doctors normans office. Where i only saw a nurse .at least I hope she was.I told her about my skin lesions on my face .I never saw the doctor at any time . she sprayed a freezing agent on my face 3 x and I was charged $400.00 plus foe that they billed it as surgery twice on the bill tricare only paid a little bit. so when i got the 372.00 dollar bill i got so mad I called the Fruad waste and abuse hot line for tricare. and reported over billing to the US GOVT . I WILL NEVER EVER GO BACK TO HIS OFFICE I felt like I was in Tijuana.

|  WORST  |  show details
Jun 5th, 2013

any good reviews about are probally left by the dr himself or a staff member he forced to write it. Dr norman is the rudest most unprofessional human being have ever met. He recommends unnecessary procedures and exagerates his claims to scare patients to have procedures done. He is defiintley committing insurance fraud. medicare had his records investigated he was ordered to return 100's of thousands of dollars, his staff is asked to do procedures that they are not qualified to do and they actually type the patients notes in their own words not the doctors,,,,terrible place stay away

|  Wonderful  |  show details
by My Two Cents on May 8th, 2013

Wonderful office and staff! Patient, kind and very knowledgeable! , The office is a little small but is clean and does what it needs to. If u don't like it don't go there then. Longest time I have every waited was 15 mins and yes the office was busy. He does have training assistants but you know what they have to learn somewhere. If your uncomfortable with them just ask for the dr. He as happy to oblige. I would most definitely recommend this office!

by Linda on Mar 18th, 2013

This was the worst Dr. appointment(s) I've ever had. I had to go twice and both times waited over 2 hours and there was no place to sit. Got into the office to get moles looked at for myself and daughter. He said, "l'll take care of them...they just need to be removed". Assistant "numbed" us both. Dr. started cutting and neither of us were numb AT ALL. Daughter had two moles "removed". One is still half there and the other is no longer there, but is replaced by a scar that is more than 3 times the size of the mole, and much more noticeable. I was left with a keloid scar (I have no others), and one mole was removed fine. On the follow-up visit a week later, a woman came in and asked how we were healing. At the time, the sores were still healing, we said, "Okay, I guess." She then left and we were done. Didn't look at anything! Do NOT go to this place. Oh, Dr. Norman also screamed at the one assistant...it was embarrassing.

|  Most unprofessional staff I have ever seen  |  show details
Sep 5th, 2012

The staff is unprofessional, unreliable, unbelievably low class. I was called rude and hung up on regarding an insurance issue. After having 2 treatments I was refused 3rd office visit even though my insurance called them and offered to fax them an authorization, I have never been treated so horribly by a medical staff in my life! Find a different doctor if you are looking for professionalism don't come here!!!

Jul 30th, 2012

This was by far the most unprofessional practice I have ever been to in my life. As a licensed nurse in Florida, I expected a little bit of bedside manner and the doctor himself to look over the patient and do the procedure. NOt at all what goes on here! The medical assistants (not even licensed professionals in the state of Florida) are taking moles off patients and the doctor writes scripts without looking to see what patient is taking and to see if contraindicated (whic it was). If I had not had medical experience my daughter would have ended up taking meds contraindicated. Her follow up appointment was canceled by the staff when I called since I did not receive a appointment confirmation. When I called they told me they had to cancel 11 appointments. I travel from another city to come here related to insurance and have taken off of work for this. Havent they heard of another on call doctor or NP that can take visits when the doctor is not there? Guess not. Horrible!Stay away from this office. Very unprofessional and just out for a dollar.

|  Connie  |  show details
Jun 19th, 2012

Went to this dr. two years ago and said I would NEVER go back. Because I had to seek immediate attention to candida (fungal infection) I was able to squeeze into a cancellation on 6/15/12. Nothing had changed since two years ago! Too many employees running around, a full waiting room and phone ringing off the hook. It is amazing that they are so busy considering the dissatisfaction of patients. They DO NOT RETURN CALLS either to patient OR Pharmacists. Their recording says: "We will return your call in 24 to 36 hours." ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!!! So very unprofessional. Even called in a script that was OTC! Will never go there again. In an emergency would rather pay and go to the hospital ER !!!!!

|  HORRIBLE  |  show details
Feb 27th, 2012

Dr Norman is not even a dermatologist. He is a bipolar lunatic and SCREAMS at his office staff.His license has been suspended in several states due to inappropriate advances towards patients. I can not believe I even went to see him but I did not do my homework prior. He is a thief and over charges.Very bad "Doctor"!!!!!

Feb 8th, 2012

i waited over 2 hours. the dr was rude to myself and his staff i will not return

Aug 1st, 2011

I would never go to this doctor again. I waited nearly three hours after my appointment time to see him. I didn't even get to see him, I saw one of his assistants. Then I received an erroneous bill, nearly four times what I was quoted on the phone. When I called to cancel my next appointment because I'm never going back, no one would answer so I left my cancellation on their voicemail. The day that next appointment was scheduled for, I received a call from his office saying I was a no-show and would be billed for missing a scheduled appointment. I have tried to communicate with the office, but they will not return my phone calls.

|  medical provider appalled by Dr. Norman's office!  |  show details
Apr 27th, 2011

The standard of care in this office was a poor example of health care. The appt was booked with Dr. Norman, instead we saw the NP. She entered the room with 2 other people and didn't introduce herself or the other staff members. She clearly had not read the documents that we spent 30 minutes completing. Once my shirt was off for the skin exam, four other people entered and exited the room, all while leaving the procedure room door wide open. The NP wanted to have a medical assistant complete 2 shave biopsies (illegal in Florida) - we declined and left the facility. The office was filthy and the staff was unprofessional.

|  My Opinion  |  show details
Apr 27th, 2011

My wait time was about 45 minutes and I received great treatment from the PA that saw me. The staff was very nice and really made the visit comfortable for me. While I was leaving I met Dr. Norman and he was a funny person. My visit was pleasant.

Mar 14th, 2011

i waited for 3 hours,,, when i finally got in, very little time was spent with me, i herd how he had appointments to go to? like i cared?? not very good bed side manors,, i will go elsewhere...

|  Great Physician  |  show details
Feb 28th, 2011

Even though it is a busy practice I was treated very professionally by Dr. Norman and his staff. He is a very caring physician. He does a lot of charity work and you can see how he cares for his patients. One couple in the waiting room come all the way from Orlando to see him.

|  This office is crazy  |  show details
Jan 3rd, 2011

They give most patient the same appointment time and make them wait hours. This is unbeleivable.

|  Choose a different Dermatologist  |  show details
Oct 14th, 2010

This was my first dermatologists appointment in my life. This is also the first review I've written for a doctor. After waiting 1 hour and 45 minutes for my first appointment I only saw Dr. Norman on my way out after I was diagnosed with some pre-cancers. I only dealt with his Physician Assistant. They did a whole body diagnosis of my skin looking for any abnormalities. Other than pre-cancers on my face and one small basil cell cancer to be removed from my face that is all they found. Going back to the office for removal of the basil cell cancer again I did not see Dr. Norman but the Physician Assistant who also did the surgery to remove the cancer. He seemed skilled and attentive. I went on line to one time to see if there were any reviews written on Dr. Norman and found quite a few negative so the following year I went to a different doctor just to see if there was a difference in how I was diagnosed and treated. To my great surprise there was a huge difference.After completing the paperwork in the office it was less than 5 minutes before I was asked to come back. Another 5 minutes and I was in front of a doctor who spent nearly 1 hour with me in a complete head to toe diagnosis of my skin. The diagnosis was so much more thorough than Dr. Normans office. Also they found three moles that were abnormal in nature which have been on my body for a few years. Dr. Norman never looked at my feet or through my hair line. This new doctor did and they found one of those moles on the top of my feet.Now, I'm dealing with receiving a letter from a collection company pursuing me for a bill in which I never received. You would think that Dr. Norman would at least call me to ask if I had received the bill and ask why I wasn't paying it. Instead they turned it over for collection. This goes to show me how out of touch Dr. Norman is with his business.

|  HUGE WAIT- Rude Dr. Would not recommend!  |  show details
Oct 13th, 2010

He was horrible I waited 2 hours and he was yelling at his staff you could hear it in the waiting room. Then once I got in the room I waited another 45 mins. While he was yelling more to his staff. I don't know how he has any after listening to him. I left the office and will never return. He also has a criminal record in Pinellas county and Hillsboro county. I will NEVER go back!

|  Chicken farm  |  show details
Sep 24th, 2010

Dr.Norman makes sure he has enough on staff to count his money.His patients are just dollars.I was in his examination room for an hour. Not only is the care and service bad, the examination room was dirty, from dust, dingy floors, stains on walls definitely not sterile. Never go there again. They never return your calls.All round service is poor.

by Amy and Oscar on Apr 13th, 2009 on yahoo.com

The staff at this doctor's office is the most unprofessional and rude I have encountered in Tampa, and I have had to deal with some very incompentent people since I moved here. I wouldn't be able review the doctor since I've never actually met him but rather have seen his associates, but if you like driving around a parking lot too small that you can never find a spot and waiting in a waiting room that doesn't have enough chairs for the number of patients there, this is the place for you. The desk staff is extremely rude and unhelpful and this is unfortunate for the doctor since they are the face of his practice. I will never go back there.

Oct 7th, 2006 on yahoo.com

Don't go to this doctor!!: My wife went to this doctor and waited over 2 hours past her appointment time. We tried to be fair and give them a second chance. They scheduled me an appt at 8:30am and when I arrived the office wasn't even open. There were abo

Jul 8th, 2006 on yahoo.com

Exceptional!: I was referred to Dr. Norman by my general physician, and I will always go back. I never got to actually see Dr. Norman, but the other dermatologists in his offices are kind, very polite and discrete, VERY knowledgeable, and they actually li

Aug 6th, 2005 on yahoo.com

Awesome!: The service in this office is expcectacular. Definitely the best dermatologist in town. The doctors are great, they werevery attentive to all my concerns. I know other people who have been cured from some bad skin experiences here. Thanks!