General Practitioner, Dermatologist, Family Practitioner

3.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
by Karl Hosp on Jul 28th, 2016

Excellent diagnosis, treatment and follow-up by Dr Norman and his staff for over 7 years.

Patient show details Patient
by Catherine on Mar 18th, 2016

Dr. Norman is Awesome, very thorough and pleasant! Also, has a great sense of humor, and courteous bedside manner. He earned my trust, would definitely go back. I would point out that his field is in high demand, esp. in Sunshine State of Florida (at times you may wait), but rest assure from what I've seen he does his best to accommodate everyone timely (appts), and he is a doctor who cares, know you are NOT a number. If he happens to go to fast, just interject, slow him down, ask him questions (he will slow down). Any prominent Doctor in demand is going to have a lot going on upstairs in his mind, my opinion. Being the best in his field, (if waiting), he is worth waiting for.. I give him 5 stars. =)

disspointed they should have known in advance how many vials it would take when i told them what i wanted instead to add additional they charged me more , feel the first price should have been the only cost no addtional costs when it was made clear what i wanted done!! show details disspointed they should have known in advance how many vials it would take when i told them what i wanted instead to add additional they charged me more , feel the first price should have been the only cost no addtional costs when it was made clear what i wanted done!!
by marilee hope 813 855-1867 on Dec 12th, 2015

I have been for botox and fillers and other items and NEVER had I ever had to go back for more injections, told them what I wanted done they gave me a price and didn't complete without me having to pay more money, there are some issues I am not happy with but cant have them done without paying more money, this never happened to me with other doctors never had to go back told them what I wanted gave me a price completed the injections and didn't have to go back for seconds. Also asked for the strongest facial peal but it didn't burn as it would have if it was the strongest applied! I have no more money to spend for additional injections as a single parent putting her daughter through medical school! My first visit years ago with Mr Norman told him what I wanted done he gave me the price and did a excellent job and didn't have to come back for seconds in fact my injections lasted around 1 year this is why I returned to him thinking I would get the same treatment as before, requested Dr Norman do myinjections but got somebody else - disappointed sadly therefore I cant go back to spend more money and have to be content with what I got!

great visit show details great visit
by Melissa on Oct 19th, 2015

Dr. Norman was very pleasant and so was his staff. I was seen right away and the medication worked great. I have been to other Dermatologist office and the service was very cold and uncaring.

Unprofessional show details Unprofessional
Sep 12th, 2014

While I was waiting for Dr. Norman to see me, I could hear him yelling and swearing at his staff. Very unprofessional

Very unprofessional show details Very unprofessional
Jul 17th, 2014

I've had such a horrible and frustrating experience with this office. I made an appointment and asked for Dr Norman specifically. When I came in, they sent a nurse practitioner to see me. I asked where doctor Norman was, and they said he went out of town. They then charged me the full copay for this appointment. I'm a medical professional myself, and I consider this very unprofessional. I made an appointment to see a doctor not a nurse practitioner. They'd charge us for missing an appointment but then left the office without noticing the patients and then sent a lower level practitioner to see me. I'd just visit a Minute Clinic at CVS if I wanted to see a nurse practitioner and would have saved $50. I'd definitely contact the Board of Medicines regarding this issue and encourage everyone to do the same.

Angry show details Angry
by one angry hearing impaired patient on Apr 11th, 2014

The staff at this office are not only rude and disrespectful but have no concept of how to tell the truth to a waiting patient who's appointment was at 3 pm, asked to be there by 2:30 only to have to wait well past 3:45 to be told again "you're next"! Then when you ask what doctor you will be seeing, the staff tells you the doctor you saw the first time quit and is no longer there. I don't recommend this office to my enemy!!

Mar 21st, 2014

Very bad experience with 2 visits with my children, they run a teaching office. Office was not clean and staff should be alot more educated. Never put a bandaid on a acid treatment, it made a pin hole a quarter size hole in my 4 year old daughter leg. Never will i go back to that office, i don't care how far i have to travel!!! never would recommend

office and Dr show details office and Dr
by Yannett Rodriguez on Mar 20th, 2014

In my opinion I think Dr Norman is a Very Nice man, Cares about his patients and takes the time to actually speak about the problem and solve it. He's a very smart man who is not only a Dr but is a leader in the dermatology world and is very well respected. His office staff is also amazing. i would visit his office any time.

Avoid this office show details Avoid this office
Mar 10th, 2014

You won't see Dr. Norman, you'll see Kate Sedlaczek, a nurse practitioner. I waited an hour past my appointment time to see her for a minute. She has given me three different answers on what to do with the spot where she removed a mole. Nothing has helped. She doesn't know what she is doing. All she wants to do is cut into you and send you on your way. I am going to get a second opinion. She said the wound would scab over and fall off when I put vaseline on it. That hasn't happened. Now she says it has healed and will take a year to go away. Avoid this office.

Awsome!!!! show details Awsome!!!!
by Ruby Brooker on Feb 3rd, 2014

I went to see Dr Norman because I had an awful case of alopecia. My hair was falling out by the handsful. I was actually getting bald. I had been to two different derm. but they said it couldn't be helped. Dr Norman told me what he would do & said it would help. It did & now I have a full head of hair & no longer have to wear a hat. I also needed a B-12 shot which I could not get from my primary dr. The staff at Dr Norman's ofc is wonderful, answer questions, offer suggestions. Dr Norman is very friendly & down to earth & makes you feel very comfortable. If you need a derm. do not hesitate another minute. Call now or you're wasting precious time.

He is not a time waster! show details He is not a time waster!
Nov 30th, 2013

With a complex case I've been to many many doctors. This was the second Dermatologist I've seen and this guy will not waste time like every other doctor!! Once you get in there he does what he needs to. He does biopsy,blood work,tests and gives meds!! Also the best part Is he takes people of all ages!!! Come to Dr. Norman he will fix you!!

doctor visit show details doctor visit
by Karen on Jul 18th, 2013

I have not been to the office in a few years but it was time to see Dr. Norman again. His staff was very nice and I was in and out in no time.

WORST show details WORST
Jun 5th, 2013

any good reviews about are probally left by the dr himself or a staff member he forced to write it. Dr norman is the rudest most unprofessional human being have ever met. He recommends unnecessary procedures and exagerates his claims to scare patients to have procedures done. He is defiintley committing insurance fraud. medicare had his records investigated he was ordered to return 100's of thousands of dollars, his staff is asked to do procedures that they are not qualified to do and they actually type the patients notes in their own words not the doctors,,,,terrible place stay away

Wonderful show details Wonderful
by My Two Cents on May 8th, 2013

Wonderful office and staff! Patient, kind and very knowledgeable! , The office is a little small but is clean and does what it needs to. If u don't like it don't go there then. Longest time I have every waited was 15 mins and yes the office was busy. He does have training assistants but you know what they have to learn somewhere. If your uncomfortable with them just ask for the dr. He as happy to oblige. I would most definitely recommend this office!

by Linda on Mar 18th, 2013

This was the worst Dr. appointment(s) I've ever had. I had to go twice and both times waited over 2 hours and there was no place to sit. Got into the office to get moles looked at for myself and daughter. He said, "l'll take care of them...they just need to be removed". Assistant "numbed" us both. Dr. started cutting and neither of us were numb AT ALL. Daughter had two moles "removed". One is still half there and the other is no longer there, but is replaced by a scar that is more than 3 times the size of the mole, and much more noticeable. I was left with a keloid scar (I have no others), and one mole was removed fine. On the follow-up visit a week later, a woman came in and asked how we were healing. At the time, the sores were still healing, we said, "Okay, I guess." She then left and we were done. Didn't look at anything! Do NOT go to this place. Oh, Dr. Norman also screamed at the one assistant...it was embarrassing.

Most unprofessional staff I have ever seen show details Most unprofessional staff I have ever seen
Sep 5th, 2012

The staff is unprofessional, unreliable, unbelievably low class. I was called rude and hung up on regarding an insurance issue. After having 2 treatments I was refused 3rd office visit even though my insurance called them and offered to fax them an authorization, I have never been treated so horribly by a medical staff in my life! Find a different doctor if you are looking for professionalism don't come here!!!

Jul 30th, 2012

This was by far the most unprofessional practice I have ever been to in my life. As a licensed nurse in Florida, I expected a little bit of bedside manner and the doctor himself to look over the patient and do the procedure. NOt at all what goes on here! The medical assistants (not even licensed professionals in the state of Florida) are taking moles off patients and the doctor writes scripts without looking to see what patient is taking and to see if contraindicated (whic it was). If I had not had medical experience my daughter would have ended up taking meds contraindicated. Her follow up appointment was canceled by the staff when I called since I did not receive a appointment confirmation. When I called they told me they had to cancel 11 appointments. I travel from another city to come here related to insurance and have taken off of work for this. Havent they heard of another on call doctor or NP that can take visits when the doctor is not there? Guess not. Horrible!Stay away from this office. Very unprofessional and just out for a dollar.

HORRIBLE show details HORRIBLE
Feb 27th, 2012

Dr Norman is not even a dermatologist. He is a bipolar lunatic and SCREAMS at his office staff.His license has been suspended in several states due to inappropriate advances towards patients. I can not believe I even went to see him but I did not do my homework prior. He is a thief and over charges.Very bad "Doctor"!!!!!

Feb 8th, 2012

i waited over 2 hours. the dr was rude to myself and his staff i will not return

Aug 1st, 2011

I would never go to this doctor again. I waited nearly three hours after my appointment time to see him. I didn't even get to see him, I saw one of his assistants. Then I received an erroneous bill, nearly four times what I was quoted on the phone. When I called to cancel my next appointment because I'm never going back, no one would answer so I left my cancellation on their voicemail. The day that next appointment was scheduled for, I received a call from his office saying I was a no-show and would be billed for missing a scheduled appointment. I have tried to communicate with the office, but they will not return my phone calls.

My Opinion show details My Opinion
Apr 27th, 2011

My wait time was about 45 minutes and I received great treatment from the PA that saw me. The staff was very nice and really made the visit comfortable for me. While I was leaving I met Dr. Norman and he was a funny person. My visit was pleasant.

Mar 14th, 2011

i waited for 3 hours,,, when i finally got in, very little time was spent with me, i herd how he had appointments to go to? like i cared?? not very good bed side manors,, i will go elsewhere...

Great Physician show details Great Physician
Feb 28th, 2011

Even though it is a busy practice I was treated very professionally by Dr. Norman and his staff. He is a very caring physician. He does a lot of charity work and you can see how he cares for his patients. One couple in the waiting room come all the way from Orlando to see him.

This office is crazy show details This office is crazy
Jan 3rd, 2011

They give most patient the same appointment time and make them wait hours. This is unbeleivable.

Choose a different Dermatologist show details Choose a different Dermatologist
Oct 14th, 2010

This was my first dermatologists appointment in my life. This is also the first review I've written for a doctor. After waiting 1 hour and 45 minutes for my first appointment I only saw Dr. Norman on my way out after I was diagnosed with some pre-cancers. I only dealt with his Physician Assistant. They did a whole body diagnosis of my skin looking for any abnormalities. Other than pre-cancers on my face and one small basil cell cancer to be removed from my face that is all they found. Going back to the office for removal of the basil cell cancer again I did not see Dr. Norman but the Physician Assistant who also did the surgery to remove the cancer. He seemed skilled and attentive. I went on line to one time to see if there were any reviews written on Dr. Norman and found quite a few negative so the following year I went to a different doctor just to see if there was a difference in how I was diagnosed and treated. To my great surprise there was a huge difference.After completing the paperwork in the office it was less than 5 minutes before I was asked to come back. Another 5 minutes and I was in front of a doctor who spent nearly 1 hour with me in a complete head to toe diagnosis of my skin. The diagnosis was so much more thorough than Dr. Normans office. Also they found three moles that were abnormal in nature which have been on my body for a few years. Dr. Norman never looked at my feet or through my hair line. This new doctor did and they found one of those moles on the top of my feet.Now, I'm dealing with receiving a letter from a collection company pursuing me for a bill in which I never received. You would think that Dr. Norman would at least call me to ask if I had received the bill and ask why I wasn't paying it. Instead they turned it over for collection. This goes to show me how out of touch Dr. Norman is with his business.

HUGE WAIT- Rude Dr. Would not recommend! show details HUGE WAIT- Rude Dr. Would not recommend!
Oct 13th, 2010

He was horrible I waited 2 hours and he was yelling at his staff you could hear it in the waiting room. Then once I got in the room I waited another 45 mins. While he was yelling more to his staff. I don't know how he has any after listening to him. I left the office and will never return. He also has a criminal record in Pinellas county and Hillsboro county. I will NEVER go back!

Chicken farm show details Chicken farm
Sep 24th, 2010

Dr.Norman makes sure he has enough on staff to count his money.His patients are just dollars.I was in his examination room for an hour. Not only is the care and service bad, the examination room was dirty, from dust, dingy floors, stains on walls definitely not sterile. Never go there again. They never return your calls.All round service is poor.