Dr. Robert Powell MD Patient Reviews

2.1

• Good
  • Bad

June 6th, 2014
I was one of the many suckers that Dr. Powell recruited at the Surgery Center of Richardson, for a Lap Band procedure, back in 2007. The band worked for the first 9-10 months, with some weight loss. (I lost more pre-surgery, than post surgery.) around the 9th month, I would go in for fills, but I felt as if they were not actually filling the lap band, because I felt no significant restrictions. After the 1 year of "Covered Fills", when I had to start paying $100 per fill, I still did not feel a significant restriction by the band. After paying for 4 additional fills and not seeing any further results, I stopped going for fills. I companied to Dr. Powell, but never got a straight answer as to why I wasn't losing any more weight. Shortly after that, I received a letter that Dr. Powell was moving his office. I attempted to reach his new office to retrieve my medical records, but was never able to do so. Now, fast forward to 2014, and I am experiencing major cramping and pain in my portal area. I've been struggling with several primary physicians, over the past several years, but NOT ONE of them is willing to discuss or refer me to any other surgeons for my problems. Why hasn't this Dr. Powell been stung up and held responsible for his Quackery?! If anyone you know is considering the Lap Band procedure, PLEASE tell them to RECONSIDER!!!

September 24th, 2010
Placed Lap Band In-Correctly
After 5 years of misery after having a Lap Band Placed by Dr. Robert O. Powell I finally had it removed. My NEW surgeon had difficulty removing the band because Dr. Powell had placed the band inside me incorrectly! I would not let this physician remove a hernia from my Labrador.

August 10th, 2016