Surgical Specialist, Orthopaedic Surgeon
Video profile

3.0

Jun 15th, 2015

Had knee pain and difficulty walking, sudden onset, have never had any joint problems. Called office, was on hold 18 minutes, someone picked up phone and hung up. Called back, on hold 25 minutes to be told first available appointment was in a month and a half. Useless waste of time. terrible office practices.

Sep 24th, 2014

Would NOT recommend. Terrible post op care

Beware show details Beware
Feb 26th, 2013

Dr Ostrum appeared to be a very good doctor at first. However, after my insureance denied the treatment he wanted to try, because even he did not know if it would work or not, he decided that he could no longer help me. That don't care about as much, I would rather find a doctor who wants to help me. What bothers me is that he knew insureance would not approve the treatment and had no back up plan. He also made be appeal the denial and sit around for 3 months while we waited for them to deny it again. In that time developed blood clots from not being able to use my leg. Beware that if this doctor only gives one treatment option, if that doesn't work, then he will refuse to see you. And he won't even be the one to tell you why, he makes his nurse to it.

Aug 1st, 2012

Dr. Ostrum may be a good surgeon but, his aftercare stinks! I have worked with physicians for over 20 years... I find his bedside manner to be lacking. He cared for my son after a severe MVA and performed bone grafting to 2 extremities. My son has had increased pain and swelling since surgery and Dr. Ostrum ultimately told him that it was nerve pain. Upon getting opinions from 2 other trauma surgeons, it was determined very quickly by both that he had multiple ligamental damage which Ostrum never picked up on because he never really assessed my son's knee during appointments. Thank goodness, my son is not seeing him anymore and has moved on to a different surgeon who takes the time to look at the whole picture. I would not recommend him to anyone.

Jun 20th, 2012

Fractured My ankle Dr. Ostrum described it as a plate shattering He put me back together again. Just waiting on my skin Graph still recovering

The BEST there is show details The BEST there is
Aug 2nd, 2011

crush my scapula and shoulder and whike other Dr's say they couldnt do nothing he put me back together again almost like new he is one of the Best

He knows what he's doing! show details He knows what he's doing!
by Sonya Meekins on Aug 25th, 2010

Broke my calcaneus in an automobile accident and Dr. Ostrum has put me back together! He assured me as I was in the emergency room at the hospital that he would take care of me and he did just that! My journey is still continuing but I am confident that he will get me to where I need to be!!!