Internists, Cardiologist (heart)

13354 41st Ave
Suite 201
Flushing, NY 11355
Locations and availability (14)

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  Didn't listen....assumed it was other problem.  |  show details
Dec 24th, 2013

I kept on telling Dr. Perlmutter about a breathing problem, feeling as if I've been running when actually I was only walking to and from the train station at work. He kept on telling me that I just had to lose weight. Well, he finally, after 3 months, took more tests and it turned out I needed a pacemaker!! Thank goodness I'm still here to tell the story. Yes....I definitely am very much overweight, but he made the mistake of assuming it was my weight, when, although that surely contributed to the problem, it was actually the pacemaker that I needed. Since I"ve had the pacemaker, I feel wonderful....no thanks to him!!

|  Wonderful Caring Doctor  |  show details
Sep 30th, 2011

Dr. Perlmutter has been my doctor for 14 years. He is a thorough, competent internist and cardiologist. He listens to your concerns and explains things thoroughly. I would recommend him to anyone looking for a good and caring doctor.

|  ehhh~  |  show details
Dec 31st, 2010

I went in to see him because my ankle was hurting. he proceeded to diagnose me, he didn't half ass his assessment as he did give me an x-ray but he continuously doubted my injury. he even asked if i "knew what pain was". over all he didn't diagnose my problem only went with what i had thought had caused the issue, which was not wearing the right shoes when running. then when i had told him that i would occasionally experience an uncomfortable pain in my back, he doubted me again. he had asked what i meant by occasionally and i said "randomly a few times a year" but it would really hurt when i do experience it. flash forward a year later and i now have a bulging disk on my spine. if he had taken me seriously before, my back issue would have been preventable. thanks a bunch MR. perlmutter. might i add it felt like an interrogation more than a friendly visit to the doctor. i avoid the man at all cost when he was my primary doctor. heck i wouldn't have chosen him if i wasn't assigned to him.

|  love this doctor  |  show details
by gail on May 23rd, 2009

I moved and my doctor retired so I had to fine a new doctor. Boy did I hit thejackpot with dr. perlmutter he is a kindand caring man he listens to you and spend alot of time with you I just love him