Dr. Robert Picker MD Patient Reviews

• 3 reviews

July 23rd, 2013
dr picker's 'prodigal son' hypersomniac patient
I am likely medical history's luckiest hypersomniac. only dr. picker would have prescribed the rx indicated in me, 300mg/d Adderall. as 60mg/d is the max. sleep dr.'s rx, an amt. that for me = placebo, this can only suggest true adhesion to his oath. we had a falling out in '10 after 8 yrs., I've learned from much study since then that this dose, which makes a job possible for me to hold, is both unprecedented and others w/ my indications go untreated today. i'm trying to return to dr. picker as no other dr. in ca. is willing to disregard erroneous rx criteria held true today. dr picker's intrepid =mantle of history. will he set an example for other md's and invent better ways to rx useful hypersomnia meds now in disuse w/o good reason outside his practice, or will medical history regard him casey at bat? his rx is continued @ 270mg/d by my provider, but his young career as of oct. takes a new turn. I could expect only a grim outcome w/new provider, but I know the man well enough to conclude it is a truly great dr. we are discussing here. he will do the right thing. I will be ok.

April 23rd, 2013
intrepid, capable physician
dr. picker is an outstanding physician. he was my first dr. ever. i am 51, and was in his practice 8 years, ending in late 2010. dr.picker is more committed to his patients than most other dr.'s in a variety of ways. my experiences with other dr.'s since then have shown me this.

April 6th, 2013
Very professional
I've seen Dr. Picker since 2004 for the treatment of major depression. He's a very professional, multi-talented man and a wonderful psychiatrist. He isn't all about medication. He's very healthy and active himself and espouses good nutrition and exercise for a healthy mind and body. My problem has required medication. There was no playing trial and error with medications. He nailed it on the head at our very first meeting! Honestly, he changed my life. I would (and do) recommend him highly.