A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Robert Portney:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Robert Portney is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Portney
Urge Incontinence Patient Education Urinary incontinence patient education guide covers all aspects concerning overactive bladder diagnosis and treatment options.Before Visiting Dr. Portney Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Robert Portney, MD is board certified in Geriatric Psychiatry and Psychiatry.
- He has special expertise in 8 areas:
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Depressive Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
Education & Awards
Dr. Portney graduated from Yale University, New Haven.
Dr. Portney has 10 hospital affiliations:
- Massachusetts General Hospital
- Human Resource Institute of Boston
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Robert B Portney MD is a male Geriatic Psychiatrist, has 31 years of experience and practices in Psychiatry and Geriatric Psychiatry.
- Where does Dr. Robert B. Portney practice?
- Dr. Robert Portney has 3 office locations.
Dr. Robert Portney practices Psychiatry and Geriatric Psychiatry near Boston, MA.
Additional practice locations include: Belmont, MA and Concord, NH.
See Boston Psychiatrists and Boston Geriatric Doctors.