inactive

Robert C Powell MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.8

March 28th, 2013
I found Dr. Powell to be arrogant and suprisingly aggressive. I'm also suprised by the other positive reviews on this site. I feel as if I saw I completely different person. The last straw was when I was leaving a visit and he walked me into the waiting room and said in front of another patient, "Don't agree with everything I say, you can keep that to yourself". Sorry, but I'm certainly not going to pay someone to speak to me that way. Aside from all this, he has no office staff. Meaning it is very difficult to change an appt, get records, etc. and you also have to file your own insurance claims.

August 5th, 2012
One of the best I've seen
I have been seeing Dr. Powell for about two months now. Getting an appointment was quite easy, and for the first visit he asked for ALL of my medical conditions, so that he could diagnose the whole problem. He is the only psychiatrist I have ever seen (I've seen over 8 psychiatrists) that will talk to you for an hour, call you back, and answer all of your questions directly. He isn't much for small talk and side conversations, but he is extremely talented at what he does. Without a doubt, he is the best psychiatrist I have seen.

August 5th, 2011
Dr. Powell was my doctor for over a year. His office arrangement was very private in Palatine, IL, with the main entrance on the busy Palatine Road, but with the exit off to the side where you can't be seen exiting very well. He was Freudian-styled, with a psychoanalytically oriented approach. He helped me interpret several of my persistent dreams which were bothersome. His bedside manner was very paternal, kind and understanding, without being indulgent. His approach to the medication he prescribed was very practical.

March 10th, 2011
Best doctor in Chicago-land
I was a patient of Dr. Powell's for well over 8 years. If it were not for Dr. Powell, I would have never survived, as I felt there was no reason to go on living. Many years later, I am able to reach back to all of the sound advice to make sound fact based decisions, not emotional based decisions that only add to my life, and not take away from reality. Not only is he one of the greatest of diagnosticians, which is rare today, he has referrals that are continually updated for your best mental and physical health. Dr. Powell is the only doctor that I would refer another person with 110% confidence. Other doctors only 'work' whereas Dr. Powell works with you personally to achieve the best possible outcome for your present and future health.