Dr. Robert Richard MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.3

January 4th, 2016
Daughter to Patient
I have been going to Dr. Richard for my Mother for 4 years now. My Mother has been diagnosed with Parkinson's as well as chronic Arthritis of the spine. Dr. Richard has been consistent, professional, compassionate and thorough in working with my Mother regarding both her Parkinson's and Chronic Pain attributed to her Arthritis. We are grateful for the time and investment he has put into caring for my Mother specific to carefully assessing her symptoms each month and adjusting her meds to ensure her quality of life can reach it's highest potential considering her situation. Dr. Richard has demonstrated a strong knowledge in Neurological disorders and invested in educating both my Mother and I about her situation which is a rare thing these days.....we never feel rushed or short changed after each appointment. Our appointments are always on time .... we have never had to wait or had an appointment cancelled.....his front office works diligently to process all claims so we are not bothered with the added stress of billing and sorting out errors...the front office handles everything for us efficiently and accurately. On a final note, we are so grateful Dr. Richards engages both my Mother and I during each visit to ensure he captures both perspectives specific to the progress of her disease. She will never be cured the disease is progressive but through Dr. Richards insight, experience, care and consideration her quality of life has been extended exponentially .... we cannot thank him enough for being there for the both of us as we go through this journey.

February 24th, 2014
Migraines
Although Dr. Richard is quiet, I find him very component and helpful. I appreciate the fact that he does not rush to a diagnosis or immediately schedule numerous tests. He tries to solve the problem at the lowest level and I greatly appreicate that approach. I know nueroloigsts are a "breed of their own" when it comes to doctors but I find him very pleasant, courteous and easy to talk to.

January 7th, 2014
I was very satisfied after I met with Dr.Richard for consulatation.He was pleasant, listen to me carefully, spent more than sufficient time with me, answered my question and ordered follow up exams.

December 27th, 2013
Awesome Doctor
I really don't understand the negative reviews for Dr. Richard. I mean, he isn't one to socialize with about your social life but he is definitely intelligent and obviously cares about getting to the cause of your symptoms. He definitely IS NOT rude. He's simply a quiet, laid back person. He spent almost an hour with me today and I finally feel like I am on track to find a way to feel better. He listened intently and was VERY thorough when examining me. He performed many tests that my last neurologist didn't. He gave me a diagnosis but was very honest that the underlying cause is still unknown and more tests will be needed. I give Dr. Richard two thumbs up. He's awesome.

September 4th, 2013
Tarsal Tunnel Syndrom
I went to Dr. Richard because the balls of my foot were swollen after my knee surgery. He diagnosed me with Tarsal Tunnel Syndrome. I later had an MRI which showed no signs of Tarsal Tunnel Syndrome. I still have the problem after nine months because all the doctors I have seen wanted to treat me for the Tarsal Tunnel Syndrome. I spent a lot of money because of his misdiagnose.

April 9th, 2013
This doctor is horrible. He is rude and uncaring. One of the worst doctors I have ever seen in my 57 years on this planet.

October 23rd, 2012
This Doctor would get zero stars from me if that were an option. I agree with others about his lack of "bedside manner", he has none. But I try to not count that against a Doctor. If they are smart and are able to help me, then I can get past a little bit of rudeness. This guy however was a piece of work. When I was explaining how I had been reading Web MD, the Multiple Sclerosis website, and other websites (while waiting weeks for my appointment) to try and understand my symptoms, he laughed at me in condescending way and belittled the information I had read. It's like he was offended that I would think information can be found from anywhere else other than the inside of his cluttered with rudeness brain. He went on to act as if he thought I was some sort of hypochondriac, not giving credence to any of my symptoms. At one point, when talking about the numbness in my hands, he stated I maybe I was sleeping on my arms at night (my hands have been swollen and numb for over a month). During his brief examination, he grabbed the hand that was the worst, and balled it into a fist, after I had taken it as far as it would naturally go. I'm a typical guy who doesnt go to the doctor for anything typically, and the fact that I am sick enough to go to the doctor is a testament to just how sick I feel. To have this guy belittle me and treat me as if there's no reason to worry about my symptoms should be criminal and he should lose his license. Furthermore, when I tried to get a new doctor (after this appointment), I was not allowed to switch doctors unless I wanted to wait for another 2-3 weeks. When I protested, since all I had was a consultation, and didnt understand why this needed to take so long, and due to my symptoms worsening daily I did not want to wait, I was told by the office manager (Liz) told me I was not at a restaurant, and belligerently stated I was just being difficult! I asked to speak with her boss, and she got angry and chastised me, telling me I should go back to Dr Castro and talk to him about my problem with him. When she finally provided the name of her manager, Mark, she thought it necessary to spell it for me slowly as if I was an idiot. She then hung up on me. Obviously, I am going to a different Neurologist. Please, please, please, find a different place for yourself too. I'm going to try and figure out if there is some sort of medical board I can appeal to or some way to voice my experience to a wider audience or in some way that may have an impact on this organization, in the hopes that others in serious need of help can receive it.

September 11th, 2012
headachheadach
while he diagnois my condition he would say most problems were because of it and when pushed he would prescibe high dosage of nacotics which didnt help after awhile his calm quiet manner got on my nerves as he didnt seem to help at all

August 17th, 2012
Not Honest
I stopped seeing this person a while ago. When I switched and got my files from my primary care, I could see that Richard believed I had headaches but not migraines. I was never told this. Like the dr. was not honest with me. Took a while for him to call back. That's okay, found a much better dr. I do not recommend this man!

November 16th, 2011
Compassion
I've seen him with my first visit, he really listens as well as ACTUALLY reading what the symptoms you've written down for the 1st patient form. He is quiet, but not rude. You can sense his calm gentle manner. He recommended some tests and blood work until next visit to see what the problem is. I like how he doesn't rush and just prescribe pills without taking it step at a time.

February 1st, 2008
I have a good doctor
After my 2nd auto accident, I was suffering lots of severe pains but couldn't know exactly what had caused them. Dr. Robert Richard was referred by my primary doctor and a friend of mine who has been with his center for more than 10 years. He spent about 1 and half an hours in my first visit, not including he read my written information about my history and symptoms before meeting me. He was a doctor with patience to listen to you and to try to understand your problems. He did thorough exam on me and he confirmed another neurologist finding SCI (Spinal Cord Injuries) and he also told me that I have FMS (fibromyalgia Syndrome)which is confirmed by a Rheumatologist later whom he sent me to. He really care about his patient's pains as I heard and I saw. I read from documents about FMS that you need to be very lucky to find a good doctor and he knows about FMS because not a lot of doctor know about FMS. He referred me to a psychologist for cognitive behavior therapy. He also referred me to a pain management doctor for medication management because I am taking many medications and one of them is at maximum dose allowed and some other are in high dosages too. I feel very lucky that I have Dr. Richard to be my Neurologist.