Dr. Robert Richards MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

August 18th, 2016
Best Doctor Ever!
Dr. Richards is not only the best here, but genuinely cares about his patients, and shows it. He also does some examination criteria that is above and beyond psychiatry, and overall physical condition observations. Top notch doctor with a 4-star personality.

August 1st, 2016
HIGHLY RECOMMENDED
Fantastic doctor; very knowledgeable, and what I would consider the best in his field in the Greenville-Spartanburg area of SC. Personable, patient, and understanding, he is incredibly intelligent. I am impressed each time I watch him work. His diagnosis is dead-on. Dr. Richards is a great listener. His empathy and caring is rarely seen in modern doctors. I've seen other doctors for these conditions, and most are only interested in prescribing pills, not solving the puzzle.

May 12th, 2016
Caring
Dr. Richards is the most caring physician I have ever met. He takes time to determine a diagnosis and not make you feel rushed. I have had only positive experiences with his staff. Always very helpful when I call. As for the negative reviews, I think some people get very angry when they are asked to pay their bills.

January 11th, 2016
A very kind and caring doctor. Very satisfied with his help.

January 13th, 2015
Terminated
I called to make an appointment for my 10 year old daughter who was a patient of Dr Richards, only to find out we had a past due balance. Because it had not been cleared-up, they terminated her as a patient. They wouldn't even allow me to resolve the issue. I was told she could never be a patient of Dr Richards ever again. Just doesn't seem right.

December 22nd, 2014
Great doctor! Caring, compassionate and really there for your well being!

June 24th, 2014
I have been a patient of Dr Richards for over 3 years now. If it wasn't for him I probably wouldn't be here now. He knows what meds work together and which ones don't I have called many times in a panic and he would go above and beyond to find the right meds. If not we kept trying different things to get something to work. I suffer Major Deppresive Dissorder and Post Tramtic Stress Disorder among some other things. He is to me by far the best Doctor and would recommend him to anybody. He does care and wants to help you get better.

January 6th, 2014
Grateful
He is patient, kind, thorough, ethical, cautious, brilliant, and effective. I believe he genuinely cares and I'm absolutely certain that he saved my life.

November 4th, 2013
Absolutely Brilliant - Needs To Re-Evaluate Office Mgr
Dr. Richards is absolutely hands down the best psychiatrist I have ever seen. He is compassionate and careful to make sure he is making the right decisions with his patients input which leads to a much better self managed care experience. The office staff have been wonderful with the exception of the office manager who was completely rude when addressing concerns she had about my son's account. It is a shame my experience has been tainted by her ill mannered attitude. She definitely needs to be more understanding, compassionate and treat others with respect no matter the situation. Her professionalism really takes away from the positive experiences of everyone else there.

August 30th, 2013
At a time in my life when hope was lost, Dr Richards was my angel. He was quick to diagnose my condition and recognize the need for involvement of other specialists. I give full credit to Dr. Richards for the incredible improvement in my quality of life. He is a God-send.

July 14th, 2013
Don't let te ratings fool you
I went for a year and a half. He is very ritualistic with how he does his appmts but overall I thought he was a good doctor and the first to actually care, but before he said my "last resort" was only one medication that's very dangerous to take with my condition because it makes you gain a lot of weight...three months later I was diagnosed with a brain condition in which obesity is a major factor of. The biggest issue other than that was I had a problem with his manager about a missed appmt and she was extremely rude and hateful and caused me to lose control and throw up a lot (I don't normally throw up like that). When I called to talk to the dr not even about her (she had already told him about our argument to save her job I guess) and he wouldn't let me talk he said he didn't want to hear anything bad about his staff and kept interrupting me when I tried to ask about side effects of a medication then I gave up. He's rude, and honestly he just acts like he cares to pull more patients in and get higher ratings. He's never really been a great doctor to me since I met him anyway. Don't go to him! Spends more time with patients with parents to suck up to them than he does older patients. I know I kept up with it

June 12th, 2013
Dr. Richards terminated his relationship with my son as his patient when my son needed him most. This is no way to treat a patient. This made me lose respect for him as a doctor.