A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Robert Rizzo:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 4 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Robert Rizzo is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Robert Rizzo, FACS, MD is board certified in Thoracic Surgery (Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery).
- He has special expertise in 15 areas:
- Aortic Aneurysm
- Aortic Valve Stenosis
- Cardiac Surgical Procedures
- Cardiopulmonary Bypass (CPB)
- Cerebrovascular Disorders
- Coronary Artery Bypass (Heart Bypass)
- Coronary Artery Disease (CAD)
- Coronary Disease
- Heart Valve Diseases
- Heart Valve Prosthesis Implantation
- Minimally Invasive Surgical Procedures
- Mitral Valve Insufficiency
- Myocardial Infarction
- Thoracic Aortic Aneurysm
Education & Awards
Dr. Rizzo graduated from Yale University, New Haven. He has 2 awards.
Dr. Rizzo has 6 hospital affiliations:
- Cape Cod Hospital
- Falmouth Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Rizzo accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Tufts Health Plans - 7 plans
- United Healthcare - 14 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts - 2 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 4 plans
- Unicare - 11 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois - 2 plans
- Humana - 6 plans
- Cigna - 14 plans
- Fallon Community Health Plan (FCHP) - 1 plan
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Robert J. Rizzo practice?
Dr. Robert Rizzo practices Surgery, Thoracic Surgery, and Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery near Boston, MA.
Additional practice locations include: Hyannis, MA.
See Boston Surgeons.