Some ratings provided by CitySearch.
by W Dittrich on Jan 8th, 2015

Seeing Doc Rob is like seeing family, I think that sums it up

Best doctors in the city show details Best doctors in the city
Dec 19th, 2014

Best Doctor i have ever had. Enough for me to change insurance to one they one they accepted

Mrs. show details Mrs.
by Nancy Haribeaver on Oct 10th, 2014

been going to Robert Rutowski for years along with his brother Jack. Very caring and listens to my concerns..(both of them) I am dissapointed in the way I was treated last week by one of the front desk girls.... I opened the sliding glass window..she didn't even look at me, kept talking on the cell phone. Then as if she was annoyed asks "do you have an appointment?" co pay ? ok have a seat. I waited for hours while walk-ins went before me....I think she never pulled my file and didn't want to admit it..... I also asked on another occasion (by phone) if my anti-inflamatory can be called in to CVS near the office on Granger Rd....she said ok will do...( I thought how nice... I can feel better soon) I drove up there hurting only to find nothing was called in... I asked her about it the next day (Cameo ) I think her name is and she said "Oh CVS must have changed their number" really ? In the all the years you work at that office...and hundreds of scripts you call in... you mean you COULD NOT find the number to a pharmacy 3 miles away for a patient thats sick? Shes was dishonest with me and it's a shame Jacke has folks like that working for him....If she treats me like garbage either on the phone or at the office again I am never coming back.. Medical concerns are scarry enough..I just want to be treated decent and like they give a care...her incompetence and/or lack of caring cost patients .......Who wants to unecessarily endure another 24 hours without medication? all because you felt eating your "vendor provided" free lunch was more important than patient follow-up? Let me be clear... the other girls are wonderful...especially the med assistants...friendly , caring always a smile... I can ignore her condescending tone but her history of negligence prolongs pain for people. Sorry Jack and Rob I dread going to the office anymore...its not worth it..

Great physicians, but Cameo has to go! show details Great physicians, but Cameo has to go!
Jun 6th, 2014

Both Dr. Rob and Dr. Jack are great competent physicians. Most of their staff is horrible. I would have fired a few of them a long time ago. Nothing like being put on hold for 20 min before you can even get a word out. Cameo is one of the rudest there. She has no business working in the healthcare field. If I was her boss, she would have been gone a long time ago.

Always closing show details Always closing
Dec 19th, 2013

The staff is ok, except for the blond she is very rude & nasty. The dr is always closing the office, he's rude and unproffesional, I have been there a few times now and have heard the doctor yelling, cursing, throwing things and slamming doors, the wait time is ridiculous, will not return

bad management skills. show details bad management skills.
Oct 19th, 2012

I have always said that I should be the office manager at this practice. Heads would roll if I were in charge of this place. To schedule an appointment, or refill prescription, or get blood results, or anything administrative, you are out of luck. This office and the staff it employs is a disaster. I have heard my doctor get stern with one of the girls who was completely disrespectful. Its a free for all in the office and no one has control over the girls.They are rude to patients. I hear them breaking HIPAA Guidelines all the time (gossiping about other patients in frontof other patients), not to mention, I have heard them talking badly about the doctors themselves (YEAH, thats good for business, right?). They are one big dysfunctional train wreck of a family. They close the office for no reason, (USUALLY TUESDAYS-lol) over-book appointments, AND BECAUSE THEY CLOSE UNEXPECTEDLY THE DAY BEFORE, YOU NOW HAVE DOUBLE THE PEOPLE IN THE WAITING ROOM. Its a complete mess. If you call the office you will 100% of the time hear the receptionist say Independence Urgent Care, please hold. They will not come back, so hang up and call back. You will never hear Hello. How may I help you. EVER. They lose records/files/blood work results also- I was misfiled for months under two different names (very frustrating). If you are looking for a doctor that is organized, or who has a friendly staff, or who will cater to you, this definitely is not the place for you.

worst office staff ever! show details worst office staff ever!
Sep 24th, 2012

I see dr rob and he is a god doctor but his staff is so incredibly rude and mean that it most definitely takes away from the dr. Don't call the office for a question or results of blood work because you will be placed on hold and the staff never returns so you eventually hang up. The women who check you in are awful. They treat you like dirt and you can literally see and hear them talking about other patients. The wait time is ridiculous. I have myself waited 3 hours as a walkin and yet they take walkin. They do take others befre you even if that person is a walkin too and came in way after you did. The dr is always rushed and once I seemed to have been forgotten about in a room or it felt that way. I was left in the room for 45 minutes. The dr doesn't care about the way the staff treats his patients because if he did they would not be emplyed. And as the person below me stated the dr staff does have favorites and 99% of the others are treated with very little respect. I also will be leaving this practice even though I do. Really like dr rob. Nobody should have a staff as rude as his staff and no way does he not know how his patients feel. That alone tellls me he may be a good dr but he doesn't give a flying you know what how his staff treats people. Perhaps he should have his staff take anger management and a class on the basics of treating those how you yourself want to be treated. Also don't ever call after hours. The after hours operator literally tells you that they are not allowed to page unless its a life thrreatening situation. No matter the reason the operator will not page him. Ever. Bottom line is don't go here. There are many competant docs like dr rob an those other docs have a good sttaff. F is the grade I give this office.

Don't go here show details Don't go here
Aug 31st, 2012

This dr office staff is horrible! Rude, Rude, Rude. Drs don't care....they don't call you back.

Love the Doc, but forget the office staff show details Love the Doc, but forget the office staff
Aug 22nd, 2012

Have been seeing Dr. Rob very several years. He's always taken time to review my case and listen to my concerns. Really don't like making an appointment or having to call for a question because the staff automatically put me on hold and then take forever to get back to me. Usually I have to hang up and call back again to get a response. Getting an appointment is another difficulty and then when you do get there the wait is usually an hour or more. Hate to find another doc so I end up just going in when I need a re-fill or bloodwork. Bummer

Rudest staff I have ever dealt with show details Rudest staff I have ever dealt with
Jul 24th, 2012

Dr Robert is nice enough himself but his staff takes away from the good he does with patients. They are extremely rude to you, treat you horribly, ignore you, hang up on you, roll their eyes at you and really most of all talk down to you. Like they are above you and you are beneath them. They act as tho they are doing you a favor by letting you see your doctor.I have been going to this doctor for just over a year and the waiting room is always packed, and way overbooked. Every person you talk to in the waiting room will tell you the same thing about the office staff. If they smiled I believe their faces would crack and fall into a million pieces. The sad part is the doctor is or acts oblivious to the problems his staff causes OR just doesn't care. I know I personally have mentioned it and others in the waiting room claim they have too, by not caring how his staff treats his patients takes away a little from him as a Dr. If you go in as a walk in expect to wait several hours.They take walkins, many of their patients are just that, walkins. If the staff doesn't like you or they are in their usual pissy moods expect them to shuffle the order in which patients see the doctor. You can be the first walkin but if they dont like you they make sure they call others before you. When you question them about why they let walkins after you see the DR first they will actually lie to your face and say he had a appointment, even tho YOU yourself talked to the person and know he/she was a walkin just like you and came after you. Sometimes they will have you sit there for hours and then tell you never mind the doctor can't see you today, come back tomorrow. If you ask to personally speak to your doctor good luck. They refuse to let you talk to the dr or give the Dr the message that you need to speak to him, they place you on hold for so long when you call that you eventually hang up, they are honest to God the rudest group of women I have ever dealt with in my 50 years. Sometimes you will go to your appointment and they are just closed. No phone calls, no calls to reschedule, thats it..they just decide not to open that day. OR they just decide to close early, and again no phone calls. Don't ever try to get ahold of the Dr afterhours even tho he has a answering service. He wil not call back and I have heard the same regarding his brotherJack the other Dr. If Dr Robert were to hire a PROFESSIONAL STAFF his practice would be one I would recommend even with the long waits and other crap you have to deal with. If the Dr wasn't such a nice man who actually listens to me I would have found a new Dr sooner, and believe me many others in that waiing room have expressed the same thing. And sadly I still just might switch Dr's.. I have already scheduled a appt with a new Dr for next week hoping to find one that I like and that listens to me. I hope the Dr reads these one day and truly understands how rude and just downright nasty his office staff is. The older black woman and the skinny shoulder length brunette who seems to be the office manager are the worst, actually its basically these two alone that make your every visit miserable. The older blonde nurse/medical assistant that takes vitals when you are in the room is very nice. Its the office staff that treats you like garbage. I have made this longer than intended but I really am disgusted at the staff in this practice and really want to let the Dr and others know, and the majority of patients are just as disgusted as I am. My advice is dont start going there. Find another Dr. I also gave my overall opinion of the Dr a 3 simply because if he cared as much as he leads you to believe he would find office staff that treats his patients with dignity and respect.

Terrible Scheduling - Doctor Not In (Again) show details Terrible Scheduling - Doctor Not In (Again)
Jul 24th, 2012

I see this doctor monthly, but he is always so booked that when I see him, I don't schedule the next appointment, I schedule the one after. I'm not sure if he is so booked up because everyone likes him, or because he cancels a lot of appointments. He seems to be out a lot. This is very aggravating since one of the reasons I see him is to get my prescriptions and if he's not in, then I don't get them. Also, since I don't drive, I have to keep inconveniencing others. Everytime this happens, which is quite frequently, I tell myself I need to find another Doctor. But when I do see him, he is nice. He is just very unreliable! Also, the girls in the office can be very rude, too.

No longer my doctor show details No longer my doctor
Jun 21st, 2012

I went to this Dr for years. When I really needed him the most, I had to go to ER, and needed medication, he was out of the office for 4 days. Called answering service several times and they assured me he'd call me back...it's been 3 months and he still hasn't! I now am a patient of The Cleveland Clinic and I am so glad I switched

Friendly, efficient and very and thorough show details Friendly, efficient and very and thorough
Jan 2nd, 2012

A very personable doctor. The wait for appts. and in the office is so very long but it's worth it because he is such a nice guy as well as a smart and thorough Doctor.

TERRIBLE OFFICE STAFF show details TERRIBLE OFFICE STAFF
Nov 17th, 2011

THE GIRLS AT THE FRONT DESK ARE DOWN RIGHT RUDE. ESPECIALLY THE ONE WITH LONG DARK RED CURLY HAIR WHO LOOKS LIKE SHE HAS BEEN THROUGH THE RINGER A FEW TIMES. VERY SARCASTIC AND SHORT WITH PATIENTS.

Never in the office show details Never in the office
Nov 11th, 2011

They suck they are never in the office they leave whenever they want. When you have an emergency they ignore there pages

Nov 4th, 2011

I had just left the office and took prescription to drug store. Pharmacist noticed that the dosage was cut in half on a medication I had been taking for long time. I tried calling the office and told answering service it was emergency since I was going out of town for a month. I was worried about side effects from the change and if I took 2 pills to make up for the dosage, I would run out in Two Weeks. He never returned my call! He is no longer MY Doctor. Would Not recommend him.

by seausmile on Apr 1st, 2009 on citysearch.com

I have to say I went here over a year ago due to a bad cold. ( I left My G.P dr. beacuse I waited for an 1 1/2 hours to be seen and never was) Dr Jacks staff took me in right away. Ever since than I swith DR's and made Dr Jack My reg GP. I go there from

Read Full Review at citysearch.com
by csmith17171717 on Aug 12th, 2008 on citysearch.com

Horrible customer service, expect to wait a long time and don't ever call and ask a question the staff is extremely rude and has very little knowledge of the medical treatment plan.

Read Full Review at citysearch.com