Robert Abrams MD Patient Reviews

• Pulmonary Disease New York, NY

• Good
  • Bad

January 3rd, 2017
Kind, professional, funny and thoughtful - a real gem!
I have had Dr. Abrams for as long as I can remember and he was my father's doctor as well. He is a very kind, funny, thoughtful doctor (and person) and I would highly recommend him.

August 29th, 2015
Mom/Artist
He's the most knowledgable, caring doctor you'll ever meet....he's a gem and there aren't many doctors practicing with as much care these days.

January 6th, 2015
What A Joke
The very idea that Dr Abrams so proudly displays his Vitals "compassionate dr" awards on the wall is appalling. It's amazing the walls haven't crumbled. Dr Abrams would like you to think he is compassionate but my perception couldn't be further from that. He is an arrogant, superficial man whose only care is getting to the next patient. He has obviously changed greatly over the years, although with the exception of two very nice employees his bored, non committal staff has not. This place is a factory where many, many geriatric patients are treated. I hope they're given better care than the rest of us. Recently I visited a dr who had more than 40 best dr awards hanging in his wall. When I complimented him on them he looked at me and said "the trick is that you have to live up to that with every single patient you see." Take heed Dr Abrams.

January 6th, 2015
He and his group are the best...really

April 2nd, 2014
the "go'to" doctor for all your health needs
My father and mother were patients of his for years and so I became a patient too. He is a wonderful physician. I always enjoyed seeing him, despite whatever malady was of concern. In addition to top notch medical care, he is very warm and has a terrific sense of humor. I moved away from New York but I miss Dr. Abrams. I hope he will be my doctor again some day. He is first rate in every respect!

October 9th, 2012
Caring doctor with a great bedside manner
I have been seeing De Abrams for 10 years and would go to no other doctor. He has called me after hours to make sure I was alright. He even called once on the weekend!! This is a caring and committed doctor.

April 28th, 2011
Not many like him today
I am so lucky to have been referred to Dr. Abrams. Even with his busy practice he is always available and spends plenty of time with me. His diagnostic skills are excellent, and he refers me to excellent specialists. He is pleasant, funny and very very caring.The absolute best.

April 28th, 2011
ONLY GOOD FOR BASIC CARE- DOES NOT RETURN PHONECALLS
If you're healthy and don't need anything beyond the most basic care, he's average and will do. He is a terrible diagnostician, and missed things on my lab results over the years that my other doctors caught. It takes at least 4-6 phone-calls before he calls you back, if ever. Too many choices out there for this kind of treatment.

February 22nd, 2011
This is the best doctor I have ever encourted. He is very patient and caring. He is always able to put a smile on my face.

November 30th, 2010
Robert Abrams is a Gift
He has been my primary physician for at least 20 years. He is kind, caring, and very well connected to specialists in all fields. I feel very fortunate to be in his care.

October 22nd, 2010
Dr. Abrams is the best doctor I have been to. I found him accidentally through his participation in my HMO, and have been thrilled. He always responds personally to any request that I make, and makes his care and concern for his patients evident. He is thorough, personal, and professional.

November 23rd, 2009