Dr. Robert Benson MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

2.5

November 6th, 2015
Reading these reviews scare me! I am sure he has connections with the Escambia County Court system as they use him to make psychiatric determinations, lord help those unfortunate people. Like Escambia legal system wasn't corrupt enough, now they are dragging the medical field in too.

April 23rd, 2015
Knows his stuff and doesn't beat around the bush!
fun guy easy to talk with. Helps you without having you jump all the unnecessary hoops.

March 12th, 2013
Poor example of MD
My teenager was diagnosed as bipolar. He began demonstrating signs/symptoms of psychosis. I called Dr. Benson and spoke with him directly. He laughed at my concerns and told me my son was just "pulling my leg." When asked to see my son he told me it wasn't necessary. My son was admitted less than 6 hours later after an attempt of suicide with a diagnosis of psychosis. He was hospitalized for 10 days, and had several more inpatient hospitalizations before he was stable. I would not recommend this MD to ANYONE!!!!!! I wonder if he should even be practicing!!!!

March 4th, 2013
PROCEED WITH CAUTION!
I visited Dr Benson several years ago. Initial visit was for depression related to chronic pain. He asked if I had any other concerns. I replied relationships with men. My age at the time was mid 30's. After several open ended questions, his response was "Give it up". " No 40 year old man will ever want you because you will make him feel old. They want mid twenties. He suggested I look for early twenties because that is the " new thing" or 60 years old and higher. He handed my prescription to me and said" I want to see you in two weeks." WOW!! If I wasn't depressed when I went it, I wasn't much happier when I left! Might I add, I was contemplating suicide and discussed this at that time. Luckily, I let that roll off my back, but it could have pushed someone over the edge. Was very close to reporting him. Probably should have. I can say the medication he prescribed helped and I did go back in two weeks for the script. Will NEVER set foot in his office again! From that point on, I have had my Rheumatologist write the script. Would have expected him to ask for more information on my prior relationships or refer me to a psychologist. Very unprofessional and I strongly suggest choosing another Doctor.

February 7th, 2013
Review of notes
What a poor Doctor who would deny people money and not know them at all or their condition. I would have better luck in a fortune cookie about a guesstimation of my psychological capacity and problems. (Miracle worker! Bahah!!)