Dr. Robert Bernstein MD Patient Reviews

2.1

• Good
  • Bad

July 12th, 2016
worst doctor I ever had. Would not listen to me and treated me as if I were an idiot. Very brusque and dismissive. I had to be very assertive to get my point across (to no avail, btw). I've been treated for thyroid issues over 20 years (moved to NYC and needed a new doc) and I am very informed about thyroid treatment. Found another doctor who changed my meds. I nearly cried to find someone who spoke the same language.

April 4th, 2016
Horrible
I was told I was getting a biopsy for my thyroid and missed 3 hours of work for the appointment. Instead I got there and he said he was "very busy" because he had to teach a class later and said he couldn't do it that day and the next time I could was in a month. This is for a test determining if I have cancer mind you. Thyroid cancer is slow growing typically yes but he dismissed me completely. His phone also rang twice while he was examining me and he stopped examining to check it. He had no helpful information and it was a total waste of my time and now I am left worrying for another month after a suspicious ultra sound. Don't go to him.

November 4th, 2015
For you own sake don't go to this DR
Writing reviews is not something I ever do but after seeing this Doctor in Sept 2015, I felt I had no choice. Dr Bernstein was dismissive and uninterested. He spoke to me like I was stupid, had no interest in why I was there even though I had been told by my primary doctor that I needed to see an endocrinologist. When I persisted in telling him my symptoms and CT results, he told me that "if it was serious I would be dead already". He took a non urgent phone call during my appt and left the room. I will never return to this man. He made me feel like I was making up how badly I was feeling. He had no interest what so ever.

February 27th, 2013
Not again
Have Graves Disease, recent eye involvement with inflammation of eyelids. Visit was short, no explanation of treatment rational, or plan. Was told to return in one month. Thought he had poor rapport with patient. Did not feel understood and my concerns were dismissed. Will not return.

November 12th, 2012
fixed thyroid disease
diagnosed and treated Graves Disease (hyperthyroid), and subsequent low thyroid levels after radiation treatment. Excellent clinical physician - uses his observational experience. Deeply trust this doctor.

November 12th, 2012
I'd have to agree with the other poor reviews. TERRIBLE bedside manner. He was very condescending and actually disinterested in helping me. I cried in his office, he was so rude and unfeeling about my medical problems. He may be competent, but I am never seeing this man again. Again, I wouldn't really know if he is, because after a test was done he never called to follow up. Have an appointment to see a new doctor ASAP.

April 25th, 2012
STAY AWAY
Dr. Bernstein is a rude boor. He scolds patients, and has the bedside manner of a gruff auto mechanic. While he may be competent (although he has, according to the internet, been the subject of at least one malpractice suit), he is a jerk. He is offensive, he has no problem yelling at his patients (in my case, I mean LITERALLY yelling for having the audacity to suggest that I couldn't wait a 10th day for someone from his office to mail me a prescription), and when I told his secretary to send my files on to my new doctor, she laughed and said "you're not the first person to have a problem with his attitude." Ridiculous that this guy thinks he can get away with this. Dr. Bernstein, it's time to retire and go be a jerk to your family. Leave the rest of us alone.

January 27th, 2012
Merchandiser
This was one of the worst Dr.s I have been to in nyc. I should have walked out after dealing with the women at the front desk. Two of the four were on personal calls that they didn't feel the need to disconnect while "helping" me or others. The Dr. was rude when he finally came out 45 min. later and was unkept. His tie was torn, he had hair coming out of every orpheus, and his office actual office was a mess. I was issued blood work and decided that I was going to pass and left without having it done. I will not be back.

November 8th, 2011
57 yo male w/ Diabetes, Hypertension, Cholesterol
Highly knowledgeable. Treats multiple ailments skillfully. If you want the best and are willing to follow great medical advice, look no further.

August 24th, 2011
Nice Doctor and Kind Bed Side Manner
I met with Doctor Bernstein. He was soft spoken and very knowledgeable and kind. He gave me a choice to go on synthroid he did not push the drug. I told him all the vitamins I was taking I got off kelp with was making my thyroid low and went want a few months later the results were amazing I was better. Told me to follow up in 3 months. I would recommend this gentleman. He graduated from Harvard Medical School.

July 26th, 2011
This doctor has the WORSE bedside manner there is. He is rude and seriously needs to consider retiring. He yelled and was very condescending. Absolutely WOULD NOT go back to him or refer anyone else to him.

August 4th, 2012