A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Robert Friedman:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Robert Friedman, Ophthalmologist is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Friedman
Diabetic Macular Edema Read all about Diabetic Macular Edema by visiting our Vitals patient education guides.Before Visiting Dr. Friedman Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Robert Friedman, FACS, MD is board certified in Ophthalmology.
- He has special expertise in 2 areas:
- Cataract Surgery (Phacoemulsification)
- Glaucoma Surgery (Trabeculectomy)
Education & Awards
Dr. Friedman graduated from Rosalind Franklin University, North Chicago. He has 5 awards.
Dr. Friedman has 2 hospital affiliations:
- Sarasota Memorial Hospital
- The Eye Associate Ambulatory Surgery Center
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Robert S Friedman FACS and MD is a male Ophthalmologist, has 25 years of experience and practices in Ophthalmology.
- Where does Dr. Robert S. Friedman practice?
- Dr. Robert Friedman has 1 office location.
Dr. Robert Friedman practices Ophthalmology near Sarasota, FL.
See Sarasota Ophthalmologists.