Dr. Robert Kagan, MD
Plastic Surgeon, Surgeon, Orthopaedic Surgeon
Video profile

May 17th, 2016

This guy ruined my mothers body and life. He did a Trans-Flap procedure to remove breast cancer. She has no feeling in her torso because of nerve damage during surgery. He left mesh in her body and it started poking through the wound and she required three subsequent surgeries to remove all of the mesh. I don't know how he managed to do this but under her arm there is a piece of muscle like a tennis ball that wasn't there before. Not only did he do a number on her physically, he was almost impossible to get ahold of post-procedure, and showed no concern for her condition after the surgery. It really has been awful.

by Bonita girl on Apr 26th, 2016

I went to Dr Kagan for a deflated implant replacement. The day of my surgery I was there like the nurse told me 1 hour early Dr kagan got there about an hour late he was telling the nurse what to do and what he needed then. I was out UNTILL I FELT THE KNIFE CUTTIN MY UNDER ARM.I now that I yell out. That was a bad experience i had to though So I would not go back to him

Got my quality of life back. show details Got my quality of life back.
by squeamish on Feb 4th, 2016

I came to Dr Kagan right after a surgeon did an impromptu I&D on an abscess that had gotten out of control. When I mean right after, I mean right after. I saw them early and they referred me to Dr Kagan's office. I called them as soon as they opened - probably a little hysterical - and they got me in and saw me immediately. He assessed the situation and pretty much told me to watch it, but mentioned the possibility of surgery. ok fine. months go by and my wounds won't heal, just constant weeping. I make another appointment and we set a date for surgery. my first surgery, first anesthesia experience. Dr Kagan has a very sure manner, calm and collected - which I really appreciated. Post-surgery I saw him and staff weekly. I had to do some pretty intense first aid every day for a bit too, but Dr Kagan and his nurse helped me, gave me the instructions and the tools to get it done. All of his staff just.. cares. Front desk is always friendly, informative, and professional. Even if they're busy or have to move things around, they still find time and are understanding. this whole ordeal has been painful, scary, and tiring and I'm so thankful it's all coming to an end. I have my quality of life back after living in pain, not even knowing what it was, for way too long. I really am grateful there are people like this. thank goodness!

HIGHLY recommended P.S. show details HIGHLY recommended P.S.
by L Lesniak on Nov 20th, 2015

I have been seeing Kagan for over 5 years now and I would NOT go to anyone else for any of my facial or body enhancing needs. He never "over sells" me on products and always has the latest and greatest products. I would highly recommend him and I have to many of my friends and family. No one has ever had a negative experience with him either. His staff is also just as professional and courteous. Thank you!!

Do your research show details Do your research
by Kevin on Sep 1st, 2015

Dr. Kagan did a lower blepharoplasty on me. He did not even measure my eyes. I have since learned after going to a world-renowned occuloplastic surgeon for help that surgeons should ALWAYS measure the eyes when doing lower blephs. Perhaps upper too. I did not get corrective surgery but the expert said I could use it (for webbing). MAJOR THING: Dr. K (and others) will NOT TELL YOU that cutting outside lower lid CHANGES THE SHAPE OF YOUR EYES horizontally and vertically. Do we get lower blephs to change the shape of our eyes? NO. We get them to REMOVE BAGS. They should clearly tell us "The shape of your eyes will probably change with this procedure." And recovery time when cutting outside the lid is way longer and riskier cosmetically than incising inside lower lid and he won't tell you that either. I had to hide for 3 months, and wore fake glasses for 3 more because my lower lids flipped outward and drooped. I'm mid- 40's, not old! Be very careful. Biggest problem I have with Dr. K is that the shape of my eyes was perfect, beautiful almond. Now I have round eyes, webbing on one eye after his procedure. Had he measured and perhaps followed up or showed any concern I would not post this. Had he told me it would change the shape of my eyes I would've gone elsewhere for incision inside the lower lid (much less risky, recovery time only a few days because no incision, but costs about $1,000 more). Oh and they NEVER even followed up with me after surgery! Never even called to see if I was okay. Nothing! It wasn't a haircut, it was surgery. Oh, and the lady at the front with blonde hair is nice until after you've paid, or she's trying to get your money. This is my experience.

by Linda on Mar 27th, 2015

Excellent

The best show details The best
by Lily,F on Jul 31st, 2014

Dr.Kagan is the doctor every patient should have,he is kind compassionate ,knowledgeable and extremely professional . He has a way of making his patients feel like they are his # 1 priority . He never makes me feel rushed and always answers my questions with great patience and honesty. His staff is an amazing group of warm,caring people who always make me feel comfortable. I would wholeheartedly recommend Dr. Kagan

Great Doctor show details Great Doctor
by July, 2013 on Jul 26th, 2013

I went to see Dr Kagan because one of the breasts implants deflated and I needed and wanted to have the surgery quickly because my breasts looked different. The staff was extremely nice and understanding especially Sue. I had my surgery few days ago (very quickly from my consult appt.) and so far I am very pleased with what Dr Kagan did. I decided to do both breasts. Dr. Kagan is really nice, takes his time during the consult and everyone in the office is extremely nice. Would definitely recommend Dr. Kagan. If I had to do it again he would have been my first choice.

Love!!!!! show details Love!!!!!
by Dr Robert Kagan on Jun 5th, 2013

Dr. Kagan is AWESOME. He did my DST eyelid procedure and I couldn't be happier. My eyes look fantastic. So good that even my dad went in and had his done. His staff is always very welcoming and Dr. K has great bedside manners, is very experienced in what he does and was very informative! I didn't expect to learn so much before my procedure and I am glad I did to better understand what he would exactly be doing. I will definintly be going back to Dr. Kagan for any future procedures and highly recommend him!

BEST BREAST REDUCTION EVERY show details BEST BREAST REDUCTION EVERY
Nov 12th, 2012

Dr. Kagan performed breast reduction on me and my breasts are spectacular! I can't say enough about how fabulous they look. He exceeded my expectations. I had BR surgery by another Dr. years ago and he barely reduced them - so I suffered years and money with breasts that were still way too big. THANK YOU, DR. KAGAN. I couldn't be happier!

professtional show details professtional
Aug 6th, 2012

Dr. Kagan and the staff were excellent!! i felt very comfortable with them so I scheduled my breast surgery and lipo. they were so encouraging!!!

Great staff and doctor show details Great staff and doctor
Aug 2nd, 2012

I have always had a positive and rewarding experience when I've been seen in this office. Allison and Marybeth are very thorough and friendly.

professional show details professional
Aug 1st, 2012

I went to see Dr. Kagan for a face lift and breast augmentaion. He is an awesome Dr.! He is the only surgeon that I felt comfortable with. He is honest and very professional. The ladies in the office are so nice and personable! I am so happy I moved forward and had my surgeries! I feel and look like a million bucks!!!!!

Amazing Surgeon show details Amazing Surgeon
Jul 30th, 2012

I had breast surgery done by Dr. Kagan and he did an amazing job! I couldn't be happier with my results. I would recommend him to anyone. Everyone in the office was very pleasant and helpful.

Great doctor!!!!! show details Great doctor!!!!!
Apr 20th, 2012

Double masectomy , everyone doctor, friend or family that see E comment how great I look! I don't look like I had a double masectomy. Dr Kagan was professional and great bedside manners. Never felt rushed he had to repeat himself over and over cuz I was overwhelmed and scared. Thank you Dr kagan!!!!!

Mar 19th, 2012

Dr.Robert Kagan,was wonderful,made me feel very comfortable and relaxed,I am still in the healing process,but would recommend him to anyone !!!!!!!!!!!

exceptional show details exceptional
Oct 17th, 2011

I had a class reunion coming up and really wanted to get a couple things done in time to heal for that. Dr. Kagan found a way to fit me in. He did an amazing job and I am so appreciative of him.

Top Notch Surgeon show details Top Notch Surgeon
Oct 17th, 2011

I have known Dr. Kagan since 1992 when I needed to have a procedure on my face after an accident left me injured. I have been so happy with the results and with Dr. Kagan, that I've referred my own daughter to him. He's made a profound difference in my life and my family's life and I highly trust and recommend him.

Oct 11th, 2011

When I was young, I was attacked by a dog. My parents took me to the ER and we awaited the expert surgeon. It's now 10 years later and for a long time, no one can even tell that I had about 50 stitches in my face. Dr. Kagan was so kind to me and my family and he's inspired me.

extremely professional show details extremely professional
Oct 10th, 2011

When considering surgery, i really wanted to work with a doctor that was not only technically skilled, but had a positive, professional, and honest approach. I'm very happy with the results of my surgery. Dr. Kagan and his staff are very professional and they go the extra mile to make sure you are comfortable. I had met 3 different doctors for consultations before choosing to proceed with Dr. Kagan.

Perfect Results show details Perfect Results
Oct 7th, 2011

Dr. Kagan was very patient with me. I wasn't 100% sure of what I wanted and he helped me consider my options. I'm very happy with the results of my procedure. He knows what works and the right questions to ask. I really wanted a doctor I could trust and I've definitely found that.

VERY, VERY happy show details VERY, VERY happy
Oct 4th, 2011

About a year ago I had breast augmentation. Dr. Kagan did a fantastic job and I honestly think he is the best of his kind.

Something Not Right About This Surgeon show details Something Not Right About This Surgeon
Sep 28th, 2011

I had a consultation with Dr. Kagan for a breast augmentation. I found the man very strange. His answers to my questions were unprofessional. There is something off about this guy. I put his name in Google and found my hunch to be well founded. This doctor has been sued at least ten times for malpractice as described by one of his former patients. Her photographs of her breasts after Dr. Kagan operated on her are shocking. My heart goes out to this woman and applaud her bravery for sharing her story and pictures. I am sure she has saved many from being butchered like she was.

I'll never to to another surgeon show details I'll never to to another surgeon
Sep 21st, 2011

I have used Dr. Kagan for not only myself but for my 11 year old daughter as well. I had great results with a facelift after a car accident, and because he did so well I sent my youngest daughter to him. I will always recommend him!

DO NOT GO TO THIS DOCTOR show details DO NOT GO TO THIS DOCTOR
Jul 31st, 2011

Had Endovenous Laser procedure done.I went back for a follow up complaining of numbness and pain in my leg. After a couple of follow up appointments he could not tell me what was wrong. He referred me to a neurologist. He never did a follow up he showed no concern.

none after surgery care show details none after surgery care
Jun 20th, 2011

i was happy the first time in the office latter for next apt. the secretary lie to me she told me he is not in the office and any way i stop by and I saw him, letter I get a tommy tuck i was very concern about a abnormal pain not on my icisions and i call at the office and the lady said no is normal and a couple od days after i went to the office and they take my bandages off and sorprice the drain was stock on my skin and a get a extra scar so definitely they dont take care their patiens now a year and a half of my surgery I not happy i still haved a lose skin on one side of my waist a wire scar on my belly and the only thing that rhe doctor said is LOOKS GRATE not nice

face lift show details face lift
May 16th, 2011

The entire experience was wonderful. The staff is experienced, knowledgeable and very kind and helpful. I felt I could call whenever I had a question and I did call. Dr. Kagan was very good to my husband and I, we both had work done. We both look great and are very happy with the results and entire experience. We will definately go back to him and my daughter is planning on going to him as well. If I trust him to work on one of my children I would trust him with anyone! Anyone who is a parent knows that speaks volumes. Thank you Dr. Kagan.

Tram Flap show details Tram Flap
May 16th, 2011

I went to Dr. Kagan for a tram flap. The surgery went well but Dr. Kagan did not notice a drainage tube had come out which caused 4 extra weeks of recovery. He was completely oversheduled at every office visit. He had too many patients and not enough time. The surgical results were between poor and average.

Apr 8th, 2011

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE DR. KAGAN!!!! He is the most amazing surgeon! I had two surgeries done with him and can honestly say the results were incredible! I reffered over 20 of my friends and family to him and they were ALL happy with their results! Dr. Kagan has a wonderful bedside manner and really cares about the patients input! I would recommend him to anyone!

Former Patient show details Former Patient
Mar 3rd, 2011

There is absolutely nothing positive to say about this guy.I had a bilateral mastectomy and he did the first stage of reconstruction by putting in skin expanders. The incisions turned necrotic, oozing and just horrific looking. He told me visit after visit that they looked great and the "scabs" would fall off. All I wanted was an incision revision but he kept telling me everything looked great. (4 weeks later I saw another MD who did the incision revision immediately)Bedside manner? HORRIBLE! Every single question I asked was responded with "that's normal, everybody is different". I just had a bilateral mastectomy, you get a lot of weird sensations including pain, numbness, tingling, limited range of motion to arms, electrical shooting pains... etc... but no, my questions were a bother and he was annoyed with me. His hand was on the door knob during just about the whole visit.Pain management? He didn't care. I would discuss my excruciating pain and he would just smile and say "that's normal, everybody is different". No recommendations for alternate pain medications, no referral to pain specialist, no sleeping pill to help me at least get more than 1 hour of sleep at night... nothing, just "that's normal".The most horrible experience I have ever had with a so called medical professional.

Bye bye wrinkles show details Bye bye wrinkles
Dec 15th, 2010

Recently attended their annual botox day! I got a fantastic deal and I must say he is awesome at injecting botox. The massive wrinkle on my forehead is now gone!

Chrissy show details Chrissy
Dec 15th, 2010

Very Happy with Tummy Tuck. Great Doctor! Great staff! I would definetly refer him to friends and family!

Very Happy show details Very Happy
by Lisa L. on Sep 9th, 2010

I had a breast Augmentation done with dr. kagan a few weeks ago. I am very happy with My result. Great doctor. I plan on refering friends to him. His staff was extremely helpful and friendly with answering any questions i had! Thanks Again!!! :)

Feb 22nd, 2010

Dr. Kagan was wonderful to me. He really made me feel at ease during a difficult time. I would recommend him to anyone. He does have a sarcastic sense of humor. If you can't handle that, he isn't the doctor for you. I think he's funny!

Tummy Tuck show details Tummy Tuck
by Pat K on Sep 17th, 2009

Excellant care during my stay at the hospital. He was a new father and saw me probably more because his wife and I were on the same floor. I woke up to him standing by my bedside. I appreciated his total concern for me the whole time he treated me.Excellant bedside manner.

Great Result show details Great Result
Jun 25th, 2009

my surgery came our fantastic i had a tummy tuck and breast lift with implant, his prices are by far the best i had seen!I did have to ask alot of questions rather than him walking me through things at the pre op visit and cousiltation so i think he could be a tad more thourough on those jsut to put you at ease a bit more.I think his staff, although SUPER nice and friendly, need to get a tad more organized. I had to call back 3 times in response to a quote i had requested on adding additional surgery to mine. And they rescheduled my actuall surgery time THREE times two DAYS before it was to happn, that i didnt appreciate. It made me scared i had picked a scatterbrain dr...lucky for me i didnt.He is very friendly and my results so far are fantastic, I'm very pleased. I would recommend Dr.Kagan