Dr. Robert Kagan MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.8

May 17th, 2016
This guy ruined my mothers body and life. He did a Trans-Flap procedure to remove breast cancer. She has no feeling in her torso because of nerve damage during surgery. He left mesh in her body and it started poking through the wound and she required three subsequent surgeries to remove all of the mesh. I don't know how he managed to do this but under her arm there is a piece of muscle like a tennis ball that wasn't there before. Not only did he do a number on her physically, he was almost impossible to get ahold of post-procedure, and showed no concern for her condition after the surgery. It really has been awful.

April 26th, 2016
I went to Dr Kagan for a deflated implant replacement. The day of my surgery I was there like the nurse told me 1 hour early Dr kagan got there about an hour late he was telling the nurse what to do and what he needed then. I was out UNTILL I FELT THE KNIFE CUTTIN MY UNDER ARM.I now that I yell out. That was a bad experience i had to though So I would not go back to him

February 4th, 2016
Got my quality of life back.
I came to Dr Kagan right after a surgeon did an impromptu I&D on an abscess that had gotten out of control. When I mean right after, I mean right after. I saw them early and they referred me to Dr Kagan's office. I called them as soon as they opened - probably a little hysterical - and they got me in and saw me immediately. He assessed the situation and pretty much told me to watch it, but mentioned the possibility of surgery. ok fine. months go by and my wounds won't heal, just constant weeping. I make another appointment and we set a date for surgery. my first surgery, first anesthesia experience. Dr Kagan has a very sure manner, calm and collected - which I really appreciated. Post-surgery I saw him and staff weekly. I had to do some pretty intense first aid every day for a bit too, but Dr Kagan and his nurse helped me, gave me the instructions and the tools to get it done. All of his staff just.. cares. Front desk is always friendly, informative, and professional. Even if they're busy or have to move things around, they still find time and are understanding. this whole ordeal has been painful, scary, and tiring and I'm so thankful it's all coming to an end. I have my quality of life back after living in pain, not even knowing what it was, for way too long. I really am grateful there are people like this. thank goodness!

November 20th, 2015
HIGHLY recommended P.S.
I have been seeing Kagan for over 5 years now and I would NOT go to anyone else for any of my facial or body enhancing needs. He never "over sells" me on products and always has the latest and greatest products. I would highly recommend him and I have to many of my friends and family. No one has ever had a negative experience with him either. His staff is also just as professional and courteous. Thank you!!

September 1st, 2015
Do your research
Dr. Kagan did a lower blepharoplasty on me. He did not even measure my eyes. I have since learned after going to a world-renowned occuloplastic surgeon for help that surgeons should ALWAYS measure the eyes when doing lower blephs. Perhaps upper too. I did not get corrective surgery but the expert said I could use it (for webbing). MAJOR THING: Dr. K (and others) will NOT TELL YOU that cutting outside lower lid CHANGES THE SHAPE OF YOUR EYES horizontally and vertically. Do we get lower blephs to change the shape of our eyes? NO. We get them to REMOVE BAGS. They should clearly tell us "The shape of your eyes will probably change with this procedure." And recovery time when cutting outside the lid is way longer and riskier cosmetically than incising inside lower lid and he won't tell you that either. I had to hide for 3 months, and wore fake glasses for 3 more because my lower lids flipped outward and drooped. I'm mid- 40's, not old! Be very careful. Biggest problem I have with Dr. K is that the shape of my eyes was perfect, beautiful almond. Now I have round eyes, webbing on one eye after his procedure. Had he measured and perhaps followed up or showed any concern I would not post this. Had he told me it would change the shape of my eyes I would've gone elsewhere for incision inside the lower lid (much less risky, recovery time only a few days because no incision, but costs about $1,000 more). Oh and they NEVER even followed up with me after surgery! Never even called to see if I was okay. Nothing! It wasn't a haircut, it was surgery. Oh, and the lady at the front with blonde hair is nice until after you've paid, or she's trying to get your money. This is my experience.

March 27th, 2015
Excellent

July 31st, 2014
The best
Dr.Kagan is the doctor every patient should have,he is kind compassionate ,knowledgeable and extremely professional . He has a way of making his patients feel like they are his # 1 priority . He never makes me feel rushed and always answers my questions with great patience and honesty. His staff is an amazing group of warm,caring people who always make me feel comfortable. I would wholeheartedly recommend Dr. Kagan

July 26th, 2013
Great Doctor
I went to see Dr Kagan because one of the breasts implants deflated and I needed and wanted to have the surgery quickly because my breasts looked different. The staff was extremely nice and understanding especially Sue. I had my surgery few days ago (very quickly from my consult appt.) and so far I am very pleased with what Dr Kagan did. I decided to do both breasts. Dr. Kagan is really nice, takes his time during the consult and everyone in the office is extremely nice. Would definitely recommend Dr. Kagan. If I had to do it again he would have been my first choice.

June 5th, 2013
Love!!!!!
Dr. Kagan is AWESOME. He did my DST eyelid procedure and I couldn't be happier. My eyes look fantastic. So good that even my dad went in and had his done. His staff is always very welcoming and Dr. K has great bedside manners, is very experienced in what he does and was very informative! I didn't expect to learn so much before my procedure and I am glad I did to better understand what he would exactly be doing. I will definintly be going back to Dr. Kagan for any future procedures and highly recommend him!

November 12th, 2012
BEST BREAST REDUCTION EVERY
Dr. Kagan performed breast reduction on me and my breasts are spectacular! I can't say enough about how fabulous they look. He exceeded my expectations. I had BR surgery by another Dr. years ago and he barely reduced them - so I suffered years and money with breasts that were still way too big. THANK YOU, DR. KAGAN. I couldn't be happier!

August 6th, 2012
professtional
Dr. Kagan and the staff were excellent!! i felt very comfortable with them so I scheduled my breast surgery and lipo. they were so encouraging!!!

August 2nd, 2012
Great staff and doctor
I have always had a positive and rewarding experience when I've been seen in this office. Allison and Marybeth are very thorough and friendly.