Dr. Robert Kagan, MD

3.0

• Currently 3.2045454545455 of 4 stars
  • Currently 2.953488372093 of 4 stars
by Fanny Kapusta on Sep 20th, 2014

Dr. Kagan did my breast reduction in March and I couldn't be happier with my results. Dr. Kagan removed 30lbs of breast tissue and took my breast from a double "H" to a double "D". When you have breasts this large you have some serious pain, not to mention horrible indents in my shoulders and I even developed arthritis where my bra straps sat on my shoulders. I have done physical therapy, and steroid injections for years and nothing helped. Words can't describe how good it feels not to have constant pain. If you are considering having a breast reduction, please don't hesitate. My only regret is that I didn't do this sooner! I would highly recommend Dr. Kagan and his terrific staff.

|  The best  |  show details
by Lily,F on Jul 31st, 2014

Dr.Kagan is the doctor every patient should have,he is kind compassionate ,knowledgeable and extremely professional . He has a way of making his patients feel like they are his # 1 priority . He never makes me feel rushed and always answers my questions with great patience and honesty. His staff is an amazing group of warm,caring people who always make me feel comfortable. I would wholeheartedly recommend Dr. Kagan

|  Worst result from Face lift surgery  |  show details
by Amanda on Sep 9th, 2013

I had Face Lift surgery by Dr. Kagan on Feb 2013.. The result is horrible... I will not recommend this Surgeon, Worst experience .. :(

|  Great Doctor  |  show details
by July, 2013 on Jul 26th, 2013

I went to see Dr Kagan because one of the breasts implants deflated and I needed and wanted to have the surgery quickly because my breasts looked different. The staff was extremely nice and understanding especially Sue. I had my surgery few days ago (very quickly from my consult appt.) and so far I am very pleased with what Dr Kagan did. I decided to do both breasts. Dr. Kagan is really nice, takes his time during the consult and everyone in the office is extremely nice. Would definitely recommend Dr. Kagan. If I had to do it again he would have been my first choice.

|  Love!!!!!  |  show details
by Dr Robert Kagan on Jun 5th, 2013

Dr. Kagan is AWESOME. He did my DST eyelid procedure and I couldn't be happier. My eyes look fantastic. So good that even my dad went in and had his done. His staff is always very welcoming and Dr. K has great bedside manners, is very experienced in what he does and was very informative! I didn't expect to learn so much before my procedure and I am glad I did to better understand what he would exactly be doing. I will definintly be going back to Dr. Kagan for any future procedures and highly recommend him!

|  BEST BREAST REDUCTION EVERY  |  show details
Nov 12th, 2012

Dr. Kagan performed breast reduction on me and my breasts are spectacular! I can't say enough about how fabulous they look. He exceeded my expectations. I had BR surgery by another Dr. years ago and he barely reduced them - so I suffered years and money with breasts that were still way too big. THANK YOU, DR. KAGAN. I couldn't be happier!

|  professtional  |  show details
Aug 6th, 2012

Dr. Kagan and the staff were excellent!! i felt very comfortable with them so I scheduled my breast surgery and lipo. they were so encouraging!!!

|  Great staff and doctor  |  show details
Aug 2nd, 2012

I have always had a positive and rewarding experience when I've been seen in this office. Allison and Marybeth are very thorough and friendly.

|  professional  |  show details
Aug 1st, 2012

I went to see Dr. Kagan for a face lift and breast augmentaion. He is an awesome Dr.! He is the only surgeon that I felt comfortable with. He is honest and very professional. The ladies in the office are so nice and personable! I am so happy I moved forward and had my surgeries! I feel and look like a million bucks!!!!!

|  Amazing Surgeon  |  show details
Jul 30th, 2012

I had breast surgery done by Dr. Kagan and he did an amazing job! I couldn't be happier with my results. I would recommend him to anyone. Everyone in the office was very pleasant and helpful.

|  Great doctor!!!!!  |  show details
Apr 20th, 2012

Double masectomy , everyone doctor, friend or family that see E comment how great I look! I don't look like I had a double masectomy. Dr Kagan was professional and great bedside manners. Never felt rushed he had to repeat himself over and over cuz I was overwhelmed and scared. Thank you Dr kagan!!!!!

Mar 19th, 2012

Dr.Robert Kagan,was wonderful,made me feel very comfortable and relaxed,I am still in the healing process,but would recommend him to anyone !!!!!!!!!!!

|  exceptional  |  show details
Oct 17th, 2011

I had a class reunion coming up and really wanted to get a couple things done in time to heal for that. Dr. Kagan found a way to fit me in. He did an amazing job and I am so appreciative of him.

|  Top Notch Surgeon  |  show details
Oct 17th, 2011

I have known Dr. Kagan since 1992 when I needed to have a procedure on my face after an accident left me injured. I have been so happy with the results and with Dr. Kagan, that I've referred my own daughter to him. He's made a profound difference in my life and my family's life and I highly trust and recommend him.

Oct 11th, 2011

When I was young, I was attacked by a dog. My parents took me to the ER and we awaited the expert surgeon. It's now 10 years later and for a long time, no one can even tell that I had about 50 stitches in my face. Dr. Kagan was so kind to me and my family and he's inspired me.

|  extremely professional  |  show details
Oct 10th, 2011

When considering surgery, i really wanted to work with a doctor that was not only technically skilled, but had a positive, professional, and honest approach. I'm very happy with the results of my surgery. Dr. Kagan and his staff are very professional and they go the extra mile to make sure you are comfortable. I had met 3 different doctors for consultations before choosing to proceed with Dr. Kagan.

|  Perfect Results  |  show details
Oct 7th, 2011

Dr. Kagan was very patient with me. I wasn't 100% sure of what I wanted and he helped me consider my options. I'm very happy with the results of my procedure. He knows what works and the right questions to ask. I really wanted a doctor I could trust and I've definitely found that.

|  Great Doctor!  |  show details
Oct 4th, 2011

Dr Kagan was a very pleasant and caring doctor, thank you Alexian Borthers!

|  VERY, VERY happy  |  show details
Oct 4th, 2011

About a year ago I had breast augmentation. Dr. Kagan did a fantastic job and I honestly think he is the best of his kind.

|  Something Not Right About This Surgeon  |  show details
Sep 28th, 2011

I had a consultation with Dr. Kagan for a breast augmentation. I found the man very strange. His answers to my questions were unprofessional. There is something off about this guy. I put his name in Google and found my hunch to be well founded. This doctor has been sued at least ten times for malpractice as described by one of his former patients. Her photographs of her breasts after Dr. Kagan operated on her are shocking. My heart goes out to this woman and applaud her bravery for sharing her story and pictures. I am sure she has saved many from being butchered like she was.

|  I'll never to to another surgeon  |  show details
Sep 21st, 2011

I have used Dr. Kagan for not only myself but for my 11 year old daughter as well. I had great results with a facelift after a car accident, and because he did so well I sent my youngest daughter to him. I will always recommend him!

|  DO NOT GO TO THIS DOCTOR  |  show details
Jul 31st, 2011

Had Endovenous Laser procedure done.I went back for a follow up complaining of numbness and pain in my leg. After a couple of follow up appointments he could not tell me what was wrong. He referred me to a neurologist. He never did a follow up he showed no concern.

|  none after surgery care  |  show details
Jun 20th, 2011

i was happy the first time in the office latter for next apt. the secretary lie to me she told me he is not in the office and any way i stop by and I saw him, letter I get a tommy tuck i was very concern about a abnormal pain not on my icisions and i call at the office and the lady said no is normal and a couple od days after i went to the office and they take my bandages off and sorprice the drain was stock on my skin and a get a extra scar so definitely they dont take care their patiens now a year and a half of my surgery I not happy i still haved a lose skin on one side of my waist a wire scar on my belly and the only thing that rhe doctor said is LOOKS GRATE not nice

|  face lift  |  show details
May 16th, 2011

The entire experience was wonderful. The staff is experienced, knowledgeable and very kind and helpful. I felt I could call whenever I had a question and I did call. Dr. Kagan was very good to my husband and I, we both had work done. We both look great and are very happy with the results and entire experience. We will definately go back to him and my daughter is planning on going to him as well. If I trust him to work on one of my children I would trust him with anyone! Anyone who is a parent knows that speaks volumes. Thank you Dr. Kagan.

|  Tram Flap  |  show details
May 16th, 2011

I went to Dr. Kagan for a tram flap. The surgery went well but Dr. Kagan did not notice a drainage tube had come out which caused 4 extra weeks of recovery. He was completely oversheduled at every office visit. He had too many patients and not enough time. The surgical results were between poor and average.

|  Creepy  |  show details
May 9th, 2011

I had a consult with this doctor for a breast augmentation. He spent very little time talking about the actual procedure. He spent more time asking me about my career and my children. Then he proceded to tell me about his children and his ex-wife. He made a comment about how difficult it is to find a good woman. Then he smiled a really pervy smile complete with really bad caps. Yeah, YUCK!! Near the end of the consult, I asked him how many augmentations he's done in the last year. He called out in the hallway to his assistant and she didn't give a number but said, "Wow. A lot. Dr. Kagan does the best boobs." Granted, these weren't the doctor's words but he is responsible for choosing his staff. I realize that the woman was trying to be funny but it was unprofessional. (Hence my low rating on courtesy and professionalism.) The front desk staff were very nice but the boob comment really ruined it.I was not given a written quote. The doc just said it would be in the low 5's. The office never followed up with me to see if I had any questions or I wished to schedule. I didn't, but you would think that they would follow up.I wound up selecting a different surgeon and I think I made a good choice. If you think you want this doctor, check his ratings. Also, if you do a google search of "Robert Kagan Malpractice" you will have lots of reading material. Once I read all that and the ratings of other patients, I really think I dodged a potential bullet.

Apr 8th, 2011

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE DR. KAGAN!!!! He is the most amazing surgeon! I had two surgeries done with him and can honestly say the results were incredible! I reffered over 20 of my friends and family to him and they were ALL happy with their results! Dr. Kagan has a wonderful bedside manner and really cares about the patients input! I would recommend him to anyone!

|  Former Patient  |  show details
Mar 3rd, 2011

There is absolutely nothing positive to say about this guy.I had a bilateral mastectomy and he did the first stage of reconstruction by putting in skin expanders. The incisions turned necrotic, oozing and just horrific looking. He told me visit after visit that they looked great and the "scabs" would fall off. All I wanted was an incision revision but he kept telling me everything looked great. (4 weeks later I saw another MD who did the incision revision immediately)Bedside manner? HORRIBLE! Every single question I asked was responded with "that's normal, everybody is different". I just had a bilateral mastectomy, you get a lot of weird sensations including pain, numbness, tingling, limited range of motion to arms, electrical shooting pains... etc... but no, my questions were a bother and he was annoyed with me. His hand was on the door knob during just about the whole visit.Pain management? He didn't care. I would discuss my excruciating pain and he would just smile and say "that's normal, everybody is different". No recommendations for alternate pain medications, no referral to pain specialist, no sleeping pill to help me at least get more than 1 hour of sleep at night... nothing, just "that's normal".The most horrible experience I have ever had with a so called medical professional.

|  Beware  |  show details
Feb 25th, 2011

This guy stitched my daughter's head after a skating accident some 15 years ago at Condell Hospital. Wow he was on call came in, in his suit and bloodshot eyes. apparently after some cocktails and proceeded to work on my very scared child. He injected her with a long neddle 5 times into her split forehead while she screamed in pain. I stood there in shock, he was the plastic surgeon we waited for for over 2/12 hours for!!! Well when we visited his office for her follow uo it was like a different person. Apparently sober now he inspected his inferior work and said she will probably need a revision of the very obvious scare she now had thanks to his incompetance!! Thanks, she is now 24 years old and has a constant reminder of the horrible scar left by a drunk plastic surgeon who was on call that unfortunaye day!!! Beware I am shocked that this guy still has a practice probably with all the Boob jobs he does which requires no skill at all,I witnessed another plastic surgeon stitch a worker of our who had a chainsaw injury to his face, Horrific wound, and the scare is almost invisable. That is true skill and artistry. Again BEWARE

|  Bye bye wrinkles  |  show details
Dec 15th, 2010

Recently attended their annual botox day! I got a fantastic deal and I must say he is awesome at injecting botox. The massive wrinkle on my forehead is now gone!

|  Chrissy  |  show details
Dec 15th, 2010

Very Happy with Tummy Tuck. Great Doctor! Great staff! I would definetly refer him to friends and family!

|  Very Happy  |  show details
by Lisa L. on Sep 9th, 2010

I had a breast Augmentation done with dr. kagan a few weeks ago. I am very happy with My result. Great doctor. I plan on refering friends to him. His staff was extremely helpful and friendly with answering any questions i had! Thanks Again!!! :)

|  Really Bad Surgeon VERY Dishonest  |  show details
by Shellie on Jun 14th, 2010

Dr. Kagan was having marital problems that he talked about way too much and was unfocused on my medical issues. He performed a surgery on me that I did not consent to. The surgery was so poorly done I had to have several surgeries by another surgeon to fix the damage. The new surgeon called the mess below the standard of care. In other words, medical malpractice. 15 years later I am still suffering because of the surgery Kagan performed on me. Visit my website for pictures and more detials www.victimtwice.com.

Feb 22nd, 2010

Dr. Kagan was wonderful to me. He really made me feel at ease during a difficult time. I would recommend him to anyone. He does have a sarcastic sense of humor. If you can't handle that, he isn't the doctor for you. I think he's funny!

|  BAD GUY AND DOCTOR  |  show details
Jan 18th, 2010

HE IS HARD TO LOOK AT LAUGHS AT HOW HE MADE HIS EX WIFE MISERABLE

|  Tummy Tuck  |  show details
by Pat K on Sep 17th, 2009

Excellant care during my stay at the hospital. He was a new father and saw me probably more because his wife and I were on the same floor. I woke up to him standing by my bedside. I appreciated his total concern for me the whole time he treated me.Excellant bedside manner.

|  Great Result  |  show details
Jun 25th, 2009

my surgery came our fantastic i had a tummy tuck and breast lift with implant, his prices are by far the best i had seen!I did have to ask alot of questions rather than him walking me through things at the pre op visit and cousiltation so i think he could be a tad more thourough on those jsut to put you at ease a bit more.I think his staff, although SUPER nice and friendly, need to get a tad more organized. I had to call back 3 times in response to a quote i had requested on adding additional surgery to mine. And they rescheduled my actuall surgery time THREE times two DAYS before it was to happn, that i didnt appreciate. It made me scared i had picked a scatterbrain dr...lucky for me i didnt.He is very friendly and my results so far are fantastic, I'm very pleased. I would recommend Dr.Kagan