Dr. Robert Millard MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

no change

November 10th, 2016
Spinal injections - prolapsed disc
Dr Millard has been a god send. Since I started Seeing him in 2011, he has worked with me to help with permanent tingling and pain from a prolapsed disc. As well as being an expert in his field of medicine, he is also an attentive doctor, he has never made me feel that my comments or remarks are not valuable and is always direct and reassuring. I have had wonderful results from spinal injections which have reduced my pain to the degree that I do not take pain medications on a regular basis and I would have no hesitation in recommending him or his team if this form of treatment is an option.

November 2nd, 2016
Accurate, Caring, Responsive, very Professional
I've been dealing with C4 cervical bone spurs for many years, pinching the nerves in the area. Started seeing Dr. Millard in 2011, and he has helped me out of some very painful scenarios. I have had over a dozen epidural injections over this time period, and I would have no other doctor peering through the fluoroscope administering that welcome shot of relief than Dr. Millard. Dr. Millard has also helped me pursue avenues of correction through surgery, helping me digest all options. Over this time and through all my spine troubles, I've always detected genuine care and concern from Dr. Millard, and the strength and confidence one gets from that cannot be measured in stars on a review. Dr Millard's staff are very quick to respond to calls and scheduling appointments.

September 14th, 2016
Ms
I have been seeing Dr Millard on and off since 1994. He has consistently been kind and caring. Most importantly he is an excellent physician. I have had a several herniated disks which have degenerated over the past 20 years and Dr Millard has helped with pain management and surgery referrals. Everyone I have referred has been helped by his skill and expertise

August 1st, 2016
Best doctor ever!
Dr. Millard has been my doctor for many years and has treated me for bulging disks since the late 1990's. As a competitive athlete, I give him all the credit for keeping me active in the sports I love. After seeing several doctors over a span of several frustrating months, he was the only one who gave me the correct diagnosis based on the same X-rays and MRIs that the other doctors evaluated. Due to his incredible expertise, experience, and knowledge, he kept me from almost certain back surgery. I first went to see Dr. Millard when I was racing marathons. The back injury was devastating to me since I had a big marathon goal. He got me back racing marathons, then triathlons and bike racing. Throughout all my athletic endeavors, he was there to get me back doing what was very important to me. I have been able to run, ride, and swim for the last 14 years with no back issues at all thanks to him. If in the future I do end up having another disk issue, I know I am in awesome hands. Dr. Millard is very kind and has the goal of getting you back to what you love to do. As a serious athlete himself, he understands the passion of athletes and will do everything he can for you. Most importantly, he truly, truly cares. If you are an athlete, want to get back to your sport, or just want to be out of pain due to a spine issue, I recommend him even beyond the 5 stars!

April 18th, 2016
With my right leg trailing behind me and surgery on the horizon, I was referred to Dr Millard. With my MRI in hand, he carefully assessed my situation, I had a herniated L5-S1, and compressed nerve. After two epidurals my second MRI, only 6 months later, showed significant improvement. A year later I am back on my bike and lifting at the gym. Dr Millard is an excellent physician, follow his advice and guidance and you will have the best outcome possible for your situation.

March 31st, 2016
Dr. Michangelo, a true artist at his craft
I was suffering from severe sciatica before I was treated by Dr. Millard. I was referred to him by a close friend who happens to be a physical therapist. He came highly recommended, to say the least. During my first visit , he made me feel immediately comfortable and at ease. He is personable, knowledgeable and kind. He reviewed my MRI findings with me in detail and laid out a plan to rid me of my severe pain. He stated that I most likely I would not need surgery but would benefit greatly from a painlessly performed spinal procedure performed by him under fluoroscopic guidance. His recommended procedure eliminated my pain and has allowed me to return to my normal active lifestyle. I can not recommend a doctor more highly!! The fact that he has served as a team physician for both the SF 49ers and SJ Sharks speaks to his skill level. He treats his private practice patients with the same level of skill and urgency.

February 10th, 2016
Dr. Millard is absolutely the BEST
I can't say enough about Dr. Millard. He has great expertise, an excellent manner, favors limited treatment where possible as opposed to surgery, and has extraordinary abilities in the area of spinal injections as treatment to combat inflammation.

October 16th, 2015
Dr. Millard goes above and beyond! He acts like I am the only patient, and is very caring. He is knowledgeable, accurate in a diagnosis and gives me several options of treatment. I have many Doctors, and he is a true one of a kind. He explains every diagnosis, sits with me through a detailed report of MRI's and explains as he goes/

August 25th, 2015
He's the Best
Dr. Millard is, quite simply, the best--that is, if you want a smart, attentive, patient-focused and athletic physician (not to mention a great staff). Notwithstanding an active/busy lifestyle, I am extremely conservative about treatments of my back/neck issues, and Mr. Millard has consistently offered conservative, effective approaches, while also helping me stay in the pool, on the ski slopes and so on. I highly recommend him as your first choice; or, perhaps more importantly, if you have any doubts about your current treatments, you should see him for a second opinion. To the extent it matters to your evaluation: I have seen Dr. Millard over the years for two main problems: a lower back problem (L4-5 facet joint syndrome) and, more recently, several C7-8 disc problems. The latter issue is proving to be more difficult that the lower back problem, but Dr. Millard is doing a terrific job with treatments (PT, cortisone) and I'm maintaining an active schedule. Good luck,

August 21st, 2015
I went to 3 other specialists before I met Dr. Millard and was the first one to actually help me instead of want to prescribe pain pills. He is very empathetic, professional and all around "spot on." He helped me tremendously with both my neck and lower back pain. I highly recommend him and the staff at SOAR

June 19th, 2015
Superb, caring physician
I have been a patient of Dr. Millard for about 20 years. I have always found him to be patient, caring and extremely skilled at what he does. He is dedicated to helping his patients get well and takes a conservative approach which I very much appreciate. Most recently, he has helped me successfully defer having surgery by pinpointing the source of my pain and treating it with cortisone. I highly recommend him.

May 27th, 2015
The Best Doctor that I have ever seen
I treated with Dr. MILLARD for an acute lumbar disc herniation. I was in severe pain with calve weakness. He cured my symptoms with therapeutic exercise prescription and a lumbar epidural procedure. I have been pain free ever since! As mentioned by other reviewers, he shows his respect for his patients by always running on time and being completely engaged during office visits. He is truly gifted in providing optimal patient care. I highly recommend Dr Millard without reservation.