Robert S Millard, MD

550 S Winchester Blvd
Ste 110
San Jose, CA 95128
408-247-4900
Locations and availability (2)

• Currently 3.741935483871 of 4 stars
Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  Confident and Competent Care  |  show details
by Happy NHL Shark on Jun 26th, 2014

Dr. Millard is extraordinary! I came to the Sharks after playing for several other teams. My problem was misdiagnosed by the other teams physicians and my condition and pain therefore never improved. I was evaluated by Dr Millard when I joined the Sharks and he immediately made the right diagnosis and implemented a spine procedure which has eliminated my pain for the first time in years. I will be forever grateful for his great care!

|  THE BEST!!  |  show details
Mar 6th, 2014

After consulting with several surgeons, all of whom recommended surgery to address my lumbar herniation, my physical therapist and several friends referred me to Dr. Millard. During my visit with him, he thoroughly performed a physical exam and went over my MRI in detail. He stated that I most likely would not require surgery and instead recommended an epidural procedure. Thanks to his expertise I am pain free and back to my active lifestyle. I can not thank him enough or recommend any doctor more highly. He represents all the right qualities that a patient could ask for in their doctor: Intelligent, kind,courteous and incredibly skilled!!!

|  Phenomenal Doctor  |  show details
by Charles P. Stone on Feb 13th, 2014

As someone who has endured back pain on and off for years and treated with many doctors, I am grateful I found Dr. Millard. I was referred to him by a friend of mine who is a nurse practitioner and had treated with him for her own back problems. Dr. Millard is positive, upbeat, and results oriented. He recommended epidural spinal injections and a rigorous course of PT. He thoroughly explained my condition, my options, and what my expectations should be for each option. After two rounds of injections and PT, I am a new man. I no longer live with constant, nagging pain and the effects that pain had on my disposition and energy level. I highly recommend Dr. Millard to anyone with back trouble.

|  Back Pain Relief  |  show details
by Michael on Apr 16th, 2013

If you have back pain or need an expert opinion Please go see Dr. Millard. He has changed my life :) Always listens to the patient and is the best at what he does!

|  CLASS ACT  |  show details
Mar 11th, 2013

Intelligent, skilled, conscientious and caring. Dr. Millard took the time to explain my problem and his recommended course of treatment. Also took the time to discuss alternatives to his treatment plan. Fully reviewed my MRI findings and then performed a remarkably painless spinal procedure. Thanks to Dr. Millard's accurate diagnosis and precise treatment, I am painfree and extremely active, including my daily stabilization exercise. I would highly recommend Dr Millard!

|  Dr. Millard is the an Amazing Doctor!  |  show details
Sep 13th, 2012

I have seen many useless doctors in my time. I was introduced to Dr. Millard and "Wow" is all I can say! This guy knows his stuff when it comes to back pain. I feel that he cares about the well being of his patients. He is very attentive and really listens to you when you describe your problems to him during your visit. He takes the time to sit down and explain his findings from the MRI or CT scans. He asks for your input regarding your treatment. He's not some "pill pusher" that pushes you out the door in under 2 mins. He wants to include you in the entire process of getting you back to good health. This man is a miracle worker that knows his business. I don't know if any of you heard that he was once a professional model and appeared in GQ and Men's Health among other magazines over the years. This man takes pride in his appearance and doesn't let his professional status give him a big head. Dr. Millard is caring,professional,an expert in his field. The fact that he is a very handsome man is a plus!

|  Compassionate, Skilled Physician  |  show details
Jun 15th, 2012

Great Doctor. I was in severe pain. On my initial visit he was extremely caring. He made the right diagnosis which was confirmed by the MRI which he ordered. Dr. Millard then recommended an epidural procedure which eliminated my pain. I have remained pain free with ongoing exercise that I learned from physical therapy prescribed by him. I will be forever grateful for Dr. Millard's expertise and care. He is the best!

|  Great Doctor!  |  show details
Jan 14th, 2012

Dr. Millard is a great doctor! He takes his time with you and explains things so you can understand! You will not be disappointed!

|  The Ultimate Professional  |  show details
Jan 7th, 2012

Immacullately dressed during office visits. Great interpersonal skills. All in all a great doctor. Patient care is of the highest quality!. Dr. Millard treats patients as if he is privileged to take care of them. Most other docs made me feel as if I was privileged to see them. If you have a lumbar disc injury and want to do well without need for surgery see Dr. Millard. He will not disappoint you!

Jan 2nd, 2012

I have been a patient of Dr Millard for over 17 years. During this time Dr. Millard has successfully treated my degenerative lumbar disk disease. His treatment has prevented me from having lower back surgery and allowed me to live a relatively normal life. I am greatly appreciative of Dr Millard and have recommended to my family and friends.

|  Great doctor, absA great doctorolutely  |  show details
Oct 24th, 2011

I've seen Dr. Millard for about 3 1/2 years for bad cervical disks. Over that time, he's given me about 3 corticosteroid injections and multiple referrals to PT, MRIs, etc. I do believe Dr. Millard's work has greatly relieved (or eliminated) my symtoms, staved off surgery, and educated me about how to be good to my neck. And if things don't improve, he's secure enough to refer you to other experts. Moreover, besides great technical skills, Dr. Millard has all the personal qualities people have already mentioned: he's kind, personable, funny, and caring. (Darn good-looking, too! ;) Dr. Millard is just a rare find in doctors. Have a bad spine and want to explore your options other than just surgery? See him.

|  Best Spine Dr. In Bay Area, BAR NONE  |  show details
Jun 14th, 2011

Dr. Millard understands spinal injuries better than anyone I have ever seen . He is an excellent doc and really seems to care about his patients. He has an extremely busy practice, yet always runs on time. He has a great bedside manner and is always willing to answer all my questions. He is unsurpassed in procedural skill. I am now pain free for the first time in years, thanks to an epidural procedure he performed over a year ago. In Summary, Dr. Millard is the best dr. I have ever seen.

|  GREAT DOCTOR/LIFE CHANGING  |  show details
Jan 28th, 2011

Dr. Millard made the right diagnosis at my first visit. The MRI confirmed his diagnosis exactly. He spent time with me in his office to review the MRI findings in detail. None of the other physicians consulted provided an accurate diagnosis or bothered to review studies with me. I am now pain free after his procedures, prescribed physical therapy and medications. He does expect his patients to follow a closely prescribed exercise regimen, so if you aren't willing to work hard on your own, he may not be the right doctor for you. To me, he is the total package: intelligent, kind, compassionate, great listener/communicator, great bedside manner, etc. See this doctor first, if you want to get well and are willing to take an active role in your own health care.

Jan 11th, 2011

this Dr has understood the importance of my sport, and has worked with me to allow me to stay in it at the level I want to be at. At the same time he has cautioned me regarding what such at intensity could cause my problem.

|  Movie Star Good Looks  |  show details
Oct 29th, 2010

This Doctor is great. I just think he is wasting his time being a Doc, although he is good. He should be in the Movies. He's yummy good looking. Wow! I drive from Carmel to see him for my issues.He's a must see ladies!

|  Simply The Best Doctor I Have Ever Seen  |  show details
Jul 6th, 2010

Dr. Millard made the right diagnosis, that other doctors had missed. He then implemented the correct treatment plan, including the appropriate procedures. He is always pleasant during office visits and seems to always run on time for both office visits and his procedures. most importantly, I am pain free for the first.time in years!

|  Top-Notch Diagnostician!  |  show details
by Happy Patient on May 14th, 2010

Dr. Millard is nothing short of amazing. If you have, like so many other people out there, been through the ringer seeing doc after doc trying to find the cause of your pain, been overmedicated without any explanation for what ails you, then you need to pick up the phone and call to get in to see this man. He will change your life, and for the better. It is rare to find this combination of diagnostic skill and bedside manner in the same practitioner. It can be difficult to reach someone on the phone, but for me that is a small price to pay for the pain relief I have enjoyed and the ability to continue working as opposed to spending a life on disability. See him. You won't be sorry.

|  THE BEST DR. I HAVE EVER SEEN!  |  show details
Mar 31st, 2010

Dr. Millard makes all patients feel equally important, even if you are not a professional athlete. He made the right diagnosis when other doctors were unable to figure out my problem. His interventions have made me pain free for the first time in many years.

|  Simply The Best  |  show details
Oct 27th, 2009

Extremely skilled and competent and kind. Runs an excellent private practice and makes every patient feel important and special. See him first for your cervical and lumbar disc problems; you will not be disappointed.

by Sports Guy on Feb 28th, 2009

Dr. Millard is compassionate, kind and an excellent diagnostician. He understands the importance of therapeutic exercise in the management of spine/sports injuries, and "practices what he preaches". He is technically excellent in his procedures, which were performed with painless ease and were tremendously beneficial. His affiliation with multiple sports teams speaks to his skill level. He is simply the best doctor I have ever seen!

|  Dr. Robert Millard  |  show details
by anonymous on Dec 14th, 2008

When you first see Dr. Millard you're not sure if he is actually the doctor because he is so attractive!Dr. Millard is extremely professional and practices what he preaches. He is in excellent shape and motivates his patients to do the same. If you haven't already heard about Dr. Millard you will...He has a long list of cult followers; men, women and professional athletes. Often when you bring up his name people rave about how brilliant he is and it's also a bonus that he is so pleasing to admire......Dr. Millard is the best doctor I have ever seen and he is clearly a top expert in the field of medicine.I would highly recommend that you see Dr. Millard because his bedside manner and expertise in the field is unsurpassed!

|  He "is" the best back doc in the world!  |  show details
by Commissioner Gordon of Gotham City on Jul 22nd, 2008

Doc Millard is a very talented doctor rthat cares about the well being of his patients that are in "real pain". He has done 3 epidural injections to my spine and has taken most of the intense pain away. Not only that he is the Batman to Dr. Wall's Robin. I look at them as a couple of fumbling goofballs until they are called into action. Then look out they turn into Batman and Robin fighting pain and agony all the way until it diappears. If you know them I'll let you guess who is Batman and who is Robin in this pain fighting duo! Good work gentlemen! Job Well done!

|  Great Doc!  |  show details
Jun 21st, 2008

He is the best doctor I have ever seen....