A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Robert Schaefer:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Robert Schaefer is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Robert Schaefer, MD is board certified in Orthopaedic Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 8 areas:
- Arthroscopic Surgery (Arthroscopy)
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Hip Surgery (Hip Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Knee Surgery (Knee Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Sports Medicine
Education & Awards
Dr. Schaefer graduated from Wright State University, Dayton.
Dr. Schaefer has 17 hospital affiliations:
- Battle Creek Health System
- Borgess Medical Center
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Robert Scott Schaefer MD is a male Orthopaedic Surgeon, has 25 years of experience and practices in Orthopaedic Surgery.
- Where does Dr. Robert S. Schaefer practice?
- Dr. Robert Schaefer has 5 office locations.
Dr. Robert Schaefer practices Orthopaedic Surgery near Portage, MI.
Additional practice locations include: Hillsdale, MI and Dowagiac, MI.
See Portage Orthopedic Surgeons.