A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Robert Schaefer:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Robert Schaefer is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Schaefer
Rheumatoid Arthritis Patient Education Learn all about RA and various treatments and medications with Vitals rhuematoid arthritis patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Schaefer Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Robert Schaefer, MD is board certified in Orthopaedic Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 8 areas:
- Arthroscopic Surgery (Arthroscopy)
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Hip Surgery (Hip Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Knee Surgery (Knee Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Sports Medicine
Education & Awards
Dr. Schaefer graduated from Wright State University, Dayton. He has 3 awards.
Dr. Schaefer has 17 hospital affiliations:
- Battle Creek Health System
- Borgess Medical Center
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Robert Scott Schaefer MD is a male Orthopaedic Surgeon, has 26 years of experience and practices in Orthopaedic Surgery.
- Where does Dr. Robert S. Schaefer practice?
- Dr. Robert Schaefer has 1 office location.
Dr. Robert Schaefer practices Orthopaedic Surgery near Portage, MI.
See Portage Orthopedic Surgeons.