A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Robert Schaefer:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 3 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Robert Schaefer is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Robert Schaefer, MD is board certified in Orthopaedic Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 8 areas:
- Arthroscopic Surgery (Arthroscopy)
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Hip Surgery (Hip Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Knee Surgery (Knee Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Sports Medicine
Education & Awards
Dr. Schaefer graduated from Wright State University, Dayton.
Dr. Schaefer has 17 hospital affiliations:
- Battle Creek Health System
- Borgess Medical Center
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Schaefer accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan - 3 plans
- Humana - 2 plans
- USA H & W Network - 1 plan
- Priority Health - 2 plans
- Health Alliance Plan of Michigan - 2 plans
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- ODS Health Plans - 1 plan
- Meridian Health Plan of MI, Inc. (Formerly Health Plan of MI) - 1 plan
- Cigna - 3 plans
- Anthem - 2 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 3 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Robert S. Schaefer practice?
Dr. Robert Schaefer practices Orthopaedic Surgery near Portage, MI.
Additional practice locations include: Watervliet, MI and Dowagiac, MI.
See Portage Surgeons.