Dr. Robert Sanford MD Patient Reviews

3.1

• Good
  • Bad

August 7th, 2014
I was diagnosed with Crohn's Disease when I was 14 years old. I am now 27 and can say that I've seen my fair share of GI's. I say this with confidence, Dr. Sanford is the BEST Gastroenterologist that I've ever come across. Both he and his staff are incredibly friendly (which is hard to come by in a GI department), he is FULL of knowledge, regarding both Crohn's disease and all its treatment options, and he totally takes charge in order to get you back to normal health! I am in the middle of a flare-up and he very quickly took me in, asked all the right questions, scheduled a colonoscopy for just a few days later, performed the colonoscopy and gave me the results before I left, made sure ALL bases were covered before starting my new medication (including blood tests and multiple tests/vaccines, which were administered in his office or at the very least, in the same building). The list goes on, but what impressed me the most was just a few days after the colonoscopy, I noticed something that concerned me (after office hours). I called to speak to the on call doctor, but Dr. Sanford himself was the one who called me back! This was around 8pm mind you, he knew exactly who I was, looked up my chart and was able to identify exactly what was going on. ON TOP of that, he had his nurse call my insurance company the very next day to make sure I got an approval for my medication. His nurse called me that same day and told me that she had set everything up, all I had to do was call and set up a delivery time. I will never forget this, she said that as soon as he walked into the office he gave her specific instructions to call my insurance and make sure they have everything needed to approve this medication... I felt like I was a VIP, but truth is I am just a patient who suffers from IBD, no different from any other patient. The only difference is that I have the best GI ever. I saw Dr. Sanford for the first time three months ago and am already on my way to remission! I haven't felt this good in a very long time and can't thank him enough. His willingness to go above and beyond for his patients is what set's him apart from any other GI I've worked with. I would HIGHLY recommend him to ANYONE I know. :-)

June 8th, 2013
I have had several colonoscopys by this Dr. The last one was horrible. The person who put me under failed and Dr. Sanford insisted on performing the colonoscopy exam even though I was in great pain. It has been four years and I am still angry. I never saw nor heard from him after the procedures. But I sure got the bill!

August 2nd, 2017