Dr. Robert Santaella MD Patient Reviews

3.1

September 2nd, 2016
Dr. Santaella may be experienced and a great doctor but his billing office is totally unprofessional and just for that, I would recommend avoiding him because of the pain we have gone through with his office. Since they captured the wrong insurance information and his incompetent office did not follow up calls from the insurance, the matter ended with collections. We have been following up for so long but no luck, what should one do, collections doesn't get it.

April 27th, 2016
Excellent Surgeon!!!

April 27th, 2016
Surgical visit
I was very nervous about the prospect of having surgery so fortunately I picked a surgeon (and his staff) that goes above and beyond to make you feel comfortable and well cared for. The staff is kind and attentive and took all the time I needed with me so I would be comfortable. Dr Santella is amazing!! So kind and did a great job. Took the time I need to understand and calmed my fears. During the follow up visit he made sure I was feeling well and knew what to expect as the healing continues!! Wonderful experience!!

February 21st, 2016
Dr. Santaella is a great surgeon. I was apprehensive about my surgery. He took the time to talk to me about the procedure and my choices. He is a great surgeon with a very friendly personality. I am very happy, I went to Dr. Santaella.

November 9th, 2015
Excellent
Excellent care and professional environment.

September 9th, 2015
Went to the Doctor referred by my Primary for a umbilical hernia problem, recommended a outpatient surgery in 2014, after the procedure waiting in the recovery room and hoping to see the doctor who was a no-show! was asked to leave much in pain. Pain and discomfort continued and yet no follow-up call from the doctor's office. the Hernia got larger and worse. Went back to see the doctor and was told it was normal for the hernia to resurface and he would need to operate on it again. It seems he is extremely incompetent.
Doctor's Response

I am sorry if any emergency delayed your care, and further if at any time you were under the interpretation that any hernia recurrence is "normal". Hernia recurrence can happen, but it should be unusual. There are patient factors and specific physical constraints to any repair. Our hernia recurrence rates are much lower than national averages, and our patients do extremely well. I would encourage you to return to the office, or otherwise I am certainly able to help in any way I can.

June 24th, 2015
Dr. Santaella is a wonderful doctor. I have had surgery by him and referred by friend to him when they needed surgery. His staff was great and accommodating.

May 20th, 2015
Poor Service
The office staff does not help in a timely manner. Three weeks went by for them send out an order to get a sonogram. To see the doctor twice and get a sonogram it took three and a half months. They give all sorts of excuses. I am still waiting for Rochelle to call me back with information she told me would take a day….. That was over a week ago.
Doctor's Response

We are always hoping to be able to schedule any appointments or tests immediately. There are certainly new constraints that we have been tasked with. The most challenging is that we must now pre-certify all radiological tests. Often times that is a simple process, on others there are several waves of evidence we must provide, and sometimes that ends in my having to speak to a physician who represents the insurance company. I am unsure what your delay was the result of, but I would enourage you to return to discuss it no charge. I never want any patient to wait an undue amount of time for any study. Additionally through our website you can email me directly, and I can assure you we can resolve any issues you may have.

March 5th, 2015
Terrible office
Rochelle is so rude and demeaning that it's not worth the seemingly unreasonable wait to get an appointment.
Doctor's Response

I would highly encourage you to contact me directly. We have no wait times, and often accommodate same day appointments every single day when possible. We have several locations, and there are no doubt times when emergencies arise, but there is NEVER a wait time to get into our office. If we at times have to keep the office open after hours we do so. There is a place in our website to email me directly, please do so.

May 16th, 2010
GOOD SURGEON/IF YOU CAN SEE HIM
Office staff is horrible. Makes you feel as your time is not important. Dr. rarely in office so trying to make an appointment is never convienient. I have waited over an hour when i finally got an appointment. Office worker has hung up on me, called and left VOICEMAIL that she has schedule me for a test. Without prior notice or checking with my schedule. Received a letter that he will no longer treat me because I told the office worker how I felt about her unprofessional attitude. I would recommend a doctor that supports a professional staff and that has patient friendly appointments.
Doctor's Response

We are happy to take care of all of our patients. I am in the office almost every single afternoon. It is extremely unusual that we are forced to terminate a patient relationship. There is a place on our website that allows you to contact me directly. I am more than happy to look into your specific concerns.

May 16th, 2010
Horrible office staff
Hard to make appointments as dr is rarely in office. Office staff is hateful and rude. She (Rochelle) has hung up on me, scolded me for a missed app ...