A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Robert Santella:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
be the first!
Specialties & Research
Dr. Robert Santella, FACP, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine and Nephrology.
- He has special expertise in 3 areas:
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Kidney Transplant (Renal Transplant)
Education & Awards
Dr. Santella graduated from Creighton University, Omaha.
Dr. Santella has 26 hospital affiliations:
- Avera Heart Hospital of South Dakota Llc
- Avera Mckennan Hospital & University Health Center
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Santella accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Wellmark Blue Cross Blue Shield - 3 plans
- Humana - 2 plans
- Cigna - 2 plans
- Aetna - 1 plan
- United Healthcare - 12 plans
- Medica Health Plans - 15 plans
- Iowa Medicaid - 1 plan
- DAKOTACARE - 1 plan
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Robert N. Santella practice?
Dr. Robert Santella practices Internal Medicine, Nephrology, and Transplant Surgery near Spirit Lake, IA.
Additional practice locations include: Sioux Falls, SD and Spencer, IA.
See Spirit Lake Internists, Spirit Lake Nephrologists, and Spirit Lake Surgeons.