Some ratings provided by Practice Fusion.
Nov 4th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

I appreciated Dr Sataloff's true concern for my over-all health. His dedication will make a difference not only to me but to all his patients. If you are looking for answers, Dr. Sataloff will be thorough and complete. His staff is amazing.

Oct 28th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

I rated scheduling at 4 because it is very hard to get an appointment with Dr. Sataloff. However, this should be seen as a strong positive, since he is in such high demand. I suggested that the scheduling question be reformulated. Brilliant doctor!

Oct 25th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr. Sataloff first treated me in 1970's and has been the only doctor who has been able to successfully treat my problems. While living in other areas of the country I have had to use other doctors but I always return to Robert when I need real help.

Oct 21st, 2014 on patientfusion.com

He solved a problem with my vocal folds that two other doctors could not diagnose. I highly recommend him.

Read Full Review at patientfusion.com
Extremely disappointed & will never go back show details Extremely disappointed & will never go back
Oct 14th, 2014

First of all the staff has no problem speaking in a very condescending waythey have a superior attitude to the patients. Dr. Satoloff has no bedside manner , after waiting for at least 1 hour in the waiting room he honors you with about 15 min of his time. He to speaks to his patients in a condescending way. Granted he has many accomplishments in his careerbut maybe the time has come for him to stop seeing commoners and just sticking with the elite. He puts you through every test under the sun from blood tests two MRIs to CT scansand still isn't clear on the diagnosis.maybe he's not as good as he thinks. No I won't be going back. Philadelphia has some of the best hospitals & Doctors, this is not one.

Oct 4th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Very professional, recommends conservative treatment first and always has the patient's best interest in mind.

Sep 22nd, 2014 on patientfusion.com

I was very impressed with the efficiency of the office staff. I did not have to wait to be seen and the Doctor was thorough and very easy to talk to.

Aug 15th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

After years of using doctors more convenient to my home, I always return to Dr. Sataloff because he is the only one I have found who understands and controls my particular health issues. It would not be an exaggeration to say I owe my life to this man.

Jul 19th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

excellent care

Jul 19th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

He is a leader in his field of a practice that focuses on the voice. After 2 failed attempts with two other ENT's and a year of wasted time, he solved my vocal fold issues. I would recommend him very highly.

Jul 11th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr. Sataloff and his staff are amazing. I would recommend anyone with vocal problems to go to him.

Jul 7th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

We are extemely pleased with the entire staff at Dr. Statloff's office. Everyone is professional, kind, and polite. The level of diagnosic consultation and care is certainly the best we have encountered in the state of PA.

Jun 24th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr. Sataloff is outstanding and addressed all my medical concerns. He is very thorough with all his testing, results, and examination. I would highly recommend him to my family or friends.

Jun 21st, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr. Sataloff is an expert in his field. He is thorough, and knowlegable. He also has a warm, welcoming bedside manner. The only downside is that you must be prepared to wait both when making/recheduling an appt (1-2 months) and in the office (1-2 hours)

Apr 24th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Very thorough. Appointment scheduling only reflects how highly sought after Dr. Robert Sataloff is. He is the ENT to whom every knowlegable doctor would take their mothers!

Apr 19th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

I was very satisfied with the professional service given to me by the staff and the doctor. They were very thorough and organized with their sophisticated services. The doctor's expertise is superb!

Read Full Review at patientfusion.com
Not going back show details Not going back
Oct 29th, 2013

Went to the Pine Street Office again today. I will not be going back. I feel my needs, timeline, schedule, or interests were not taken into consideration by Dr. Sataloff. . Excessive expensive testing almost to the point of overkill. At one point I refused to be tested again for something. I said to him "if you don't know what is wrong with me by now after all the tests I've been through , you never will". I don't think that went over well with him but it was truthful. He wanted me to come back a lot for voice therapy and wouldn't consider surgical options until I did. I'm a senior citizen driving in from central NJ and scared to drive into Philadelphia to begin with. He made a point of saying to me "well people come from here from Rome and Manhattan. My answer to that was "good for them". but its not me. I told him I would get therapy locally - he insisted that was not an option. I felt like he was suggesting all other voice therapists were incompetent and only his people could do the job. From that point on it just seemed to me his motivation was keeping the money in the office. Waiting time is excessive.. Didn't feel listened to or any of my needs were taken into consideration. I guess I will just have to live with my problems because I can't travel back and forth to Philadelphia all the time and he won't consider doing anything for me until his demands are met. Just terribly disappointed with the whole experience.

Very Dissatisfied show details Very Dissatisfied
by L. Solebello on Jul 23rd, 2013

Terrible bedside manner, long waits, over priced and wrong diagnosis. What else is there to say?

Brilliant expert very difficult for patients show details Brilliant expert very difficult for patients
Nov 19th, 2012

I had a very tough time with this practice. First I had a visit at the Broad Street office, was told I had profound hearing loss and ordered to get dozens of expensive tests - including an mri and a brain scan all of which were negative - seemed more like research or to rule out extremely rare conditions. His office billed my insurance for a test they did not actually do, which I caught and had fixed. A top doctor at the Broad Street office then gave an opposite diagnosis from Dr. Sataloff.I am not sure about how to proceed as from his credentials, he knows more than most, yet his practice is centered on the doctors and staff, not on the patient. As a patient I was treated with condescension and disregard. Right now I feel uncomfortable about going back to him.

Asperger's? show details Asperger's?
Oct 31st, 2012

I have been seeing otolaryngologists and ENT's my whole life and can honestly say Dr. Sataloff is the most educated and accurate doctor I've dealt with in my experience. That being said, he has the worst bedside manner of any doctor out there. Being a specialist, I expect and anticipate some anti-social behavior, but I'm concerned he may actually have some form of Asperger's syndrome. The only reason I continue seeing him is because he is the best doctor for my ear problems, has always performed excellent surgery, and most of his staff makes up for what he lacks in personality, social interaction, and general patient concern. What you can expect when you see Dr. Sataloff is an arrogant man who is well aware of all his achievements and accomplishments but will most certainly provide you with the most accurate and up-to-date care for those issues in his field of work. Please leave any expectations and emotions at the door. Good luck!

Highly Trained Surgeon show details Highly Trained Surgeon
Sep 1st, 2012

It's not very often will find a surgeon with Dr. Sataloff's expertise. Dr. Sataloff is a highly trained surgeon who performs extremely delicate microsurgery regardless of whether or not you like his "bedside" manner. Personally, I find Dr. Sataloff to be one of the most caring, generous, brillant individuals in medicine today. We should be fortunate that he is training our future surgeons. Dr. Sataloff has precisely diagnosed, treated and consistently follows up on my condition; he has truly touched my life. It's very rare to come across a physician and surgeon of Dr. Sataloff's calibar both personally and professionally.

Jun 24th, 2012

great Dr. in his field especially when it comes to an acoustic neuroma but his mannerism with patients leaves much to be desired. When i was referred to him for tumor surgery in 1994 the sugery went great but his overall friendlyness towards his patients leaves much to be desired. I was told at that time by my E.N.T. doctor that sataloff was 1 of the top 3 in the country in his field. and thats just the way he conducted himself. all business

Worst doctor I have encountered in my sixty-five years show details Worst doctor I have encountered in my sixty-five years
Nov 27th, 2011

Always 3 or 4 hour wait. Ran countless expensive tests. Only conformed what I already knew. I have a profound hearing loss. He could not give an explanation for my vertigo just told me to continue taking the medication I have taken for six months before I saw him. I found Dr. Robert Sataloff to be arrogant, cold and uncaring. My overall experience with him and his staff was a total waste of my time.

Oct 13th, 2011

always 2-4 hour wait even for follow up that takes 15-20 minutes,half of that with the doctor.offering speech therapy at resonable rates in house is a nice touch but i found all but one of the therapists ineffective.the doctor has an excellant reputation but his manner may not be for everyone.

My Experience with Dr. Sataloff show details My Experience with Dr. Sataloff
Aug 24th, 2011

I made my first appointment with Dr. Sataloff after my previous physician retired. I started by sending Dr. Sataloff an email describing my symptoms and previous treatment. He actually responded, score one for the Dr. It took me about 2 months to get my first appt. I was initially impressed with his understanding of my condition and subsequent testing protocol. While I didn't agree with the diagnosis I was willing to see where it took me. I am happy to say that after about 9 months I was symptom free and remain so after about 15 months.He has been very professional on my visits as have his staff.I would strongly recommend him to anyone suffering from vertigo/tinnitus etc.

Comment is on therapy staff only show details Comment is on therapy staff only
Jul 15th, 2011

Michelle & the voice staff leave much to be desired. While they are well trained, they are arrogant & very obviously more interested in how Dr Sataloff perceives their success than how successful they actually are with their patients. It's hard to feel as if the result of your appointment is about anything more than them. Could be a great service but the prioities are very skewed.

very arrogant show details very arrogant
Jun 25th, 2011

I found Dr. Sataloff to be very arrogant and not caring. He has poor bedside manner and did not make me feel listened to or cared for.