A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Robert Sax:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
be the first!
Specialties & Research
Dr. Robert Sax, MD, PHD is board certified in Ophthalmology.
- He has special expertise in 2 areas:
- Retina Surgery
- Retinal Disorders
Education & Awards
Dr. Sax graduated from University of Rochester .
Dr. Sax has 11 hospital affiliations:
- Albany Medical Center Hospital
- St Peter's Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Sax accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- MVP Health Care Preferred Care - 3 plans
- HealthNow New York - 2 plans
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- HIP Health Plan of New York - 2 plans
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield - 2 plans
- Unicare - 3 plans
- Fidelis Care - 2 plans
- Humana - 2 plans
- Cigna - 2 plans
- The Empire Plan (UHC) - 1 plan
- USA H & W Network - 1 plan
- Capital District Physicians Health Plan - 15 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Georgia - 3 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Robert D. Sax practice?
Dr. Robert Sax practices Ophthalmology near Troy, NY.
Additional practice locations include: Castleton On Hudson, NY and Clifton Park, NY.
See Troy Ophthalmologists.