A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
be the first!
Specialties & Research
Dr. Robert Sax, MD, PHD is board certified in Ophthalmology.
He has special expertise in 4 Areas, including General Ophthalmology, Retina Surgery, and Retina/Vitreous.1 more special expertise area
More Specialties & Research
Education & Awards
Dr. Sax graduated from University of Rochester .More Education & Awards
Dr. Sax has 11 hospital affiliations:
- St Peters Hospital
- Albany Medical Center Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Sax accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- HealthNow New York - 2 plans
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield - 2 plans
- Unicare - 3 plans
- Humana - 2 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Georgia - 3 plans
- MVP Health Care Preferred Care - 3 plans
- Cigna - 2 plans
- The Empire Plan (UHC) - 1 plan
- HIP Health Plan of New York - 2 plans
- Capital District Physicians Health Plan - 15 plans
- Fidelis Care - 2 plans
- USA H & W Network - 1 plan
More Accepted Insurance
Learn more about Dr. Robert Sax:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Robert D. Sax practice?
Dr. Robert Sax practices Ophthalmology near Clifton Park, NY.
Additional practice locations include: Castleton On Hudson, NY and Troy, NY.
See Clifton Park Ophthalmologists.
- Similar Physician Names
- Dr. Bob Sax, Dr. Bobby Sax, Dr. Rob Sax, Dr. Robbie Sax