A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Robert Harris Schapiro:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Robert Harris Schapiro is Excellent.
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Harris Schapiro
Crohn's Disease Patient Education Learn about Crohn's Disease and possible symptoms such as intestinal blockage with our patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Harris Schapiro Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Robert Harris Schapiro, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology.
- He has special expertise in 16 areas:
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Bile Duct Cancer
- Common Bile Duct Cancer
- Common Bile Duct Diseases
- Endoscopy (Endoscopic Surgery)
- Extrahepatic Cholestasis
- Gastrointestinal Hemorrhage
- Hepatitis C
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Pancreas inflammation (Pancreatitis)
- Pancreatic Diseases
- Spinal Fractures
- Spinal Stenosis
- Ulcerative Colitis
Education & Awards
Dr. Harris Schapiro graduated from Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore. He has 2 awards.
Dr. Harris Schapiro has 3 hospital affiliations:
- Massachusetts General Hospital
- Newton-Wellesley Hospital
- Mass General Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Robert Harris Schapiro MD is a male Internist and practices in Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology.
- Where does Dr. Robert Harris Schapiro practice?
- Dr. Robert Harris Schapiro has 1 office location.
Dr. Robert Harris Schapiro practices Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology near Boston, MA.
See Boston Internists and Boston Gastroenterologists.