Robert J Schwartzman MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

no change

April 22nd, 2015
Dr Schwartman diagnosed me when no other doctor could give me answers. It's been several years since I saw Dr Schwartman, but I do believe he saved my life...

March 14th, 2015
Dr Swartman. Is a brilliant Dr. i would like to say thank you

March 7th, 2013
patient
Dr. Schwartzman has been a wonderful physician and friend for many many years. I had been diagnosed with MS before I saw him the first time. He offered some new ideas for dealing with the MS. He suggested new meds and even gave my husband and I some practical ways to communicate with SS to get reinbursement for AVONEX. He was always upbeat about how "we" would tackle any new setbacks. Above everything else Dr, Schwartzman was always a true gentleman. Thanks, DOC

July 25th, 2011
Unsung Hero
I have (unfortunately worked with Dr. S. for over a decade. He is one of a fading generation of doctors who take their oaths very seriously. I was in and out of hospital so many times that I ( an attorney, trained in observation) got to understand his methods. Boundless energy, he encourages patients to maintain their identies as people and not become victims. He teaches his residents old fashioned medicine, treat the whole patient, what does she read, who is her support sustem, where are his vulnerabilities and project positivity at all times. He is a man of courage, a crusader who has withstood professional ridicule but who persists in fighting to find a cure. He is the best doctor I have ever encountered so accomplished yet so modest. A true hero for those of us who live in pain every moment of our lives.

March 16th, 2011
Find somewhere else to go!
I was injured by Dr. Schwartzman's treatments.

September 1st, 2010
I thank G-d every day for this man's brilliance and compassion
First let me say that I am so sorry for the one reviewer's negative experience. If you are suffering with RSD/CRPS or any other neurological disorder don't hesitate to call his office. My daughter has multiple neurological conditions and I am most grateful that Dr. Schwartzman was recommended by all of her doctors and that she was able to see him so quickly. I work in a large medical center in another state and I have never met a doctor with more empathy, compassion and quick response time regarding communicating with his patients and their family members. I have sat in his waiting room on numerous occasions and spent much time at Hanneman Hospital where I've met other patients and family members who are as grateful for Dr. S' expertise and caring as I am. My daughter and I also went to another very well know neurology center of excellence at great expense for a 2nd opinion and that was absolutely the worst medical experience of my lifetime- rude, uncaring, hurried physicians with long waits. This group was truly seeking only patients that would fit into their mold and their research- they were not interested in helping those who did not fit. Yes, his staff would benefit from some customer service training.. but if you have a negative experience with any of his staff, Dr. S. wants to know- unlike most physicians. There is not a more knowledgeable and compassionate physician when it comes to CRPS. Put his office on speed dial

January 19th, 2010
Arrogant doctor, suspect research
Beware of this doctor. He pretends to know a lot and to be caring but that is only a facade. I know there have been patients of his who just like me, were either dumped the moment they had a bad reaction to his infusions or when any kind of problem arose. By dumping patients without follow up he is not entering such important information into the research results. Other patients have posted online how this doctor picks and chooses patients based on how likely they are to complain. With such flawed research methodology, his results are suspect at best. I have been disabled with CRPS for many years and my experience with this doctor and his staff has been the very worst.

October 19th, 2008
The best of the Best!
For a doctor that is so busy, so renowned...this man is warm, caring and compassionate. His touch is gentle and he "hears" you...and he "KNOWS" what you are experiencing. He intimately knows the symptoms of CRPS/RSD. He and his staff treat you as a fellow human being, with great respect. As we should all treat one another. He has devoted his life to finding a cure for CRPS/RSD. Thank God for this doctor. He is doing a great service in the name of research for a huge population of people that suffer daily with the most horrific pain imaginable, but a tossed away by family, friends and most ill informed doctors as crazy. He is a voice and hero for all of us.