Dr. Robert Seltzer Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Robert Seltzer?

April 12th, 2016

Dr. Seltzer was first doctor who diagnosed my rosacea! No one else caught it! He treated me in 2003. 2016 has brought me back at his doorstep seeking treatment. I've seen horrible pictures of what happens if the skin condition is not treated. It's ugly.

August 3rd, 2015

Don't go to him

I visited him for 8 months almost every week, he changed my medication 4 times! And when I visited him after that because my face became worse, he said OHHH I think we should go back to the old medication!!!??? Really!! The one that failed and we had to change because it didn't work??!! every time he spends one minute with me maximum!!!

July 25th, 2015

I knew little of the pre and post care instructions

I knew little of the pre and post care instructions until I went through the process. The Patient Home Care Instructions were given to me the day of the procedure. Because this information was not received earlier, cream and necessities had to be purchased that day. Also, further care information was given to me after the PDT was performed by the Physicians Assistant. This critical after-care information should have been included in the Patient Home Care Instructions.

October 4th, 2013

I have been seeing Dr. Seltzer for many many years, and he is the best for fillers and botox..the best!!!. I have never waited for more than 5 minutes in the waiting room and can always get an appt. when I need it. He is one of the most laid back doctors I have and smiles more than any of them. His nurses are always so friendly and helpful, and never try to up-sale you. My good friend who recommended me sees him for adult acne, and he has done wonders for her

April 16th, 2011

I have to agree with those that say don't waste your time on this Dr. Seltzer. I thought he was top notch ... as a dermotologist that is. But when all the facial rejuvenation came to the for front. He makes promises "verbatim" that he can achieve what the other's can't. I thought this was irrogant, but hey, if he can perform what he proclaims, I could look the other way. After all as a dermotologist he was on his game.,,,, then. He outright promised the solution(s) he was putting into my lips as a lip enhancer would produce execellent results, and last at least 6 months! So I trusted him. Like he said "the other who worked on your lips were JUST NURSES I'm a doctor and I know how to administer more appropriately. After all, I'm the one with the experience ..." What he succeeded in taking $900.00 of my money, shot me full of goop he "promised would produce excellent results, (which I later found out was not even meant for lip augmentation), and my lips were absolutely that same as I went in for the procedure. No difference at all. The real scary part was his hands shook the whole time he was injecting me (kinda like he was sporting a hangover or somethin). I was very unhappy. I made mention of this to the nurses and they said the would talk to him about the lack of results and my dissappointment. The result from doctor was "well I guess she needs implants. Send her to doctor so and so in the San Fernando Valley. She needs silicone implants." I asked for at least a partial refund considering I even had photographs evidencing that lack of results. Or at least treat me again at some what of a discount. Don't just leave me, then a 7 year dermo patient, $900.00 at loss and no sign of professionalism on his part. Oh well, that what greed does. But ladies, I now have found the true plastic surgeon, a referral from my electrologist whom I've known for 30 years. He only takes referrals, but he charges literally half the cost, and follow ups and half of that. I have had my lips augmented, with 2 follow ups, botox over brown between eyes and around the eyes, twice, and it cost me a total of $1,150.00. My last procedure was 7 months ago. The botox is renewed as needed but because he also adds in a filler to the botox, it lasts even longer. My lip injections will last me for 3 to 5 years. This is just an injection. Believe me it works. He got it down. Contact me and I'll give you the heads up. He is extremely kind, and even works Saturdays with appt. I tell you no lie. He is the man. So Dr. Seltzer, step down. How dare you cheat a hard working women so maliciously. Maybe you can through that kind of money away but I can't. I remain,T.

January 11th, 2011

do NOT go to this guy!

i went a bunch of times (in 07 and 08) for acne, and he never really cured italso, for removing moles, i needed 4 removed,he removed 2, then made me come back for a second appt to remove the other two (so he could bill insurance twice, i am sure)he was near me, and i had insurance, so i didnt mind too much at the timeafter like the third or fourth visit, and no real improvement on the acne,he suggested a citrus chemical peeli had insurance at the time (but no job)i said ok, if its covered by insurancehe told me it was, and did the (5 minute) procedureinsurance rejected the claim for the chemical peel,then dr seltzer billed mei called to office when i got the bill (for $241)and told them the doctor said it would be coveredthey told me, regardless of what Dr Seltzer had said), i had signed a patient responsibilty form,and as such, ultimately...i was responsible.finally i wrote the doctor, he admitted that he did say it would be covered,and if i paid the bill, he'd give me half offwhat?he was the one who told me it would be covered!and now he wanted me to pay $120 for a procedure that i would have never gotten if he hadn't had told me it was covered by my insurance (and a procedure that didn't even help with the acne either, btw)naturally i didn't agree to that,finally i got him to agree to waive the bill(after he made me jump through all kinds of hoops, like writing him a letter explaining the situation, writing a letter to the insurance company, calling and fighting the insurance company to pay him, etc)and although (after all that) he finally said he would waive the bill, he didntinstead, he reported me to a credit agencyso now i am getting hounded day and nightfor the billfrom this guy's collection serviceso, in the following three years (my visit to him was in 08, its 2011 now)i call his billing office, and they always say they will check with the doctor, and get back to me (they never do)the bill remains on my credit reportand the collection agency still calls,saying i am responsible.sorry to ramble, but this guy is the worst!it was a horrible experience,do not go to this guy under ANY circumstance

August 31st, 2009

Best Derm!

I have been a patient of Dr. Seltzer for years and have always been impressed with his skills and courtesy. Numerous minor medical procedures were completed on the spot and painlessly, with prompt follow up when needed. I have also had many excellent laser treatments administered by his nursing staff, who are very skilled. Dr. Seltzer makes sure his patients are seen ON TIME. Highly recommended.

September 21st, 2017