Dr. Robert Shalvoy MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

March 5th, 2013
Great Staff and Doctor
University Orthopedics and Miriam Hospital are a well coordinated team. During my knee replacement everyone did their job like a professional. The ...

September 10th, 2012
Excellent surgeon, excellent results
I have had two occasions to have surgery with Dr. Shalvoy... both were due to injuries... one on the right ankle and one on the left. The left ankle was about 10 years ago, the right ankle was last year around Thanksgiving. The injuries were serious ones (for example, the right ankle was a stage 4 fracture with dislocation)... In both cases, Dr. Shalvoy and his team (including the Physical Therapists) did an outstanding job. Less than three months post-op I was able to drive all day, attend a convention on my feet presenting for hours and drive home the next day, I can walk 10 to 12 miles non-stop at this time. I can stand for many hours. No complications. Highly recommended.

March 12th, 2012
Mrs. Mary Darezzo
I had 2 wonderful experiences with Dr. Shalvoy and his staff .. this is one doctor who listened carefully, and took time to explain both my knee replacements before and after surgery .. I like that he was unpretentious and modest about his expertise, and I was never "just a number" .. Thanks to Dr. Shalvoy, I felt peace of mind and very positive that my life could only get better .. he's definitely a 5 star surgeon, good person and family man. I highly recommend him for any knee or knee replacement surgey.

October 26th, 2010
patient
I found him to be very odd. I have frozen shoulder. had it for 2 years. He told me that it ALWAYS reverses. I asked "always?" and he said yes. I can't even take my shirt over my head. Very strange MD/ Questionable diagnosis. Poor bedside manner. Typical surgeon

September 11th, 2009
John
Have been a paitient for over 9 years. Born with severe varis, my knees wore out very early. He has performed many proceidures from simple "scopes" to total knee replacement. He has prolonged the usefull life of my natural knees untill they had to be replaced. He has made an exptemely positive impact on my quality of like.

April 14th, 2009
Up yours Liz
I had a distal biceps rupture repaired last April, 2008. Dr Shalvoy diagnosed the injury and fixed it the next day. I know 17 people, including neighbors, collegues, and nurses and doctors my wife (RN) works with, who have been successfully treated and repaired by this doctor. Based on the website I go to regarding bicep repair and recovery, I have had one of the better post-op experiences, because of this doctor. I have 2 daughters who are athletes, and if they had any type of knee, ankle, arm or shoulder injury, I would definitely bring them to see him. That's how highly I regard his skill as a surgeon.

October 23rd, 2008
Talented
Dr Shalvoy does great work! We all love him!

September 25th, 2008
Poor Diagnosis
Dr. Shalvoy examined my knee problem and told me to go home, elevate, rest and ice and I would be fine. Well, 4 months later I'm going to have a 2nd operation to repair the problem. I recently met FOUR other women who also had a bad experience with him!!! Stay away from the doctor!

June 19th, 2008
ACL Surgery
Dr. Shalvoy did my ACL surgery. I am an athlete and had never had surgery before in my life. I was very nervous but Dr. Shalvoy did everything he could to make me feel comfortable. He did a great job with my knee, my recovery is going very well and I have had no complications. He is a great doctor and very personable.