Dr. Robert Shin MD Patient Reviews

• General Surgery Charleston, WV

October 10th, 2016
Love this Doctor
Dr. shin is a wonderful Doctor. His bedside manners is unbelievable. He has performed three surgeries on me. Each one was a successful surgery.

March 8th, 2016
Very pleased with Dr Shin's all around care and compassion with me and my family. He explained all procedures and all options to me and my family. The office staff from front desk, dietitian, nurses, PA's, to Dr Shin was courteous, professional, and very supportive through out all of my appointments.

December 17th, 2015
Dr. Rude
He isn't very courteous to overweight people, at least he wasn't to me, which is odd since he's a weight loss surgeon. He's made me feel bad about myself several times & im now finding a new doctor.

November 30th, 2015
Dr shin did surgery on me 3 years ago I was in the hospital for 21/2 months and to this day I still have problems

September 4th, 2015
I have been a patient of Dr. Shin for 5 years. His office staff is always professional and caring for my health needs. If your looking for a weight loss options he is the doctor to go to. The weight loss center will get you on a healthy weigh loss track!!

May 22nd, 2015
My experience with Dr. Shinn
Dr. Shinn has the best bedside manner I have ever seen in a physician. He spent time with me, answered all my questions and concerns. I had no fear going into surgery and it has been the best decision I ever made. I love Dr. Shinn.

November 1st, 2014
Excellent experience, fantastic Dr. , would recommend Dr. Shin and his Staff, hospital stay at CAMC was wonderful too. Thank you for your help with my weight loss, I feel GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!! Couldn't have done it with out you.

February 3rd, 2014
Tried to make an appointment
My mother didn't get the chance to be a patient of Dr. Shin, due to her being on Medicaid. My mother was recently diagnosed with a severe hernia that required immediate surgery. I called CAMC and the physician help line recommended Dr. Shin. When I called to set up an appointment, I explained the situation and that time was critical. His staff kept telling me there was a problem with my mothers insurance; however, when I called, them, they said it was fine and he would be paid. After about four very important, very wasted days, one of his staff said, "The truth is Dr. Shin doesn't want to see your mother." When I asked why, she said it was because she was on Medicaid and they didn't pay him well enough for his time. She said he didn't like to see the "Medicaid people" and said they didn't pay well enough for all the hassle of a difficult surgery, like my mother's. I was very disappointed and disgusted. I do not recommend his man. If you go to him, you better not have Medicaid and you better have good insurance. Based on my experience, I wouldn't expect care, he just seems to care about your insurance.

April 19th, 2013
Excellent Physician
I would certainly recommend Dr. Shin to any friend. He is very thorough and is an expert in his field. I have had positive experiences with him in the office before surgery & after surgery (& presumably during surgery because everything went very well) and at discharge from the hospital. He demonstrated the utmost compassion and professionalism. Dr. Shin is an excellent physician.

April 9th, 2011
botched my friend's surgery and she's been in and out (mostly in) of ICU for 7 months now. She's just now getting stepped down to MedSurg unit and being sent from the Cleveland Clinic to Marietta. ER wanted this doctor to fix my hernia and i said noooo wayyyy.

November 15th, 2010
Great Experience with MD and Staff
Very helpful with answering all my questions both Dr. Shin and his great staff. Prompt return phone calls and always have a smile for you. They are very experience and up today on the latest information regarding this area of care. They understand what it means to the patient to have the support and follow up care with people they can trust and will be available if the need should arise at any time during their journey.

June 22nd, 2009
Ugh!
Just say "no to gastric bypass" it will ruin your life.