Dr. Robert Shusman Is this you?

3.6

Have you seen Dr. Robert Shusman?

Steer clear...this guy is awful!

Posted on April 17th, 2015

I have seen Dr. Shusman 3 or 4 times over the last 8 months and each time he spends very little time with me. I feel like he blows me off, not wanting to find out anything more than the absolute minimum amount of information. I saw him a few days ago for several things, including a huge lump that has formed on my back near my left shoulder blade. My 10 and 6 year old children can see this softball-sized lump, yet he touched my back in 3 spots very quickly and told me he couldn't feel anything. REALLY? C'mon doc, try a little harder! He told me he would "grant my request for a referral," like he was doing me some huge favor. He told me he wasn't even sure this was the right type of doctor, but he would refer me to a dermatologist. Geez, way to bolster my sense of confidence in your ability to get me the care I need. It's been 4 days since my visit and my insurance company has not received either of the referrals his office was going to send earlier that day. I was supposed to get a call from the office as soon as they got the info about one of the referrals, but I still haven't heard anything. I've been complaining to this doctor for 8 MONTHS about pain and fluid in my left ear and the best he can tell me is that my ear looks fine and to take antihistamines. I haven't had sinus issues or allergy issues, so antihistamines have done nothing to correct the problem. I told him this Monday, and all he said was, "Your ears are clear." So I asked for a referral to an ENT. As soon as I finish out the referral process with this doctor, I'm changing my Primary Care Manager. This guy is terrible and I would NOT recommend him to anyone! I think it's time for him to retire!

Terrible for Elder Care

Posted on March 27th, 2015

Uncaring towards the elderly who are seriously ill- do not take your parents here.

Posted on March 8th, 2013

Making the appointment was fine, but when I actually got in there, things went quickly downhill! Dr. Shusman seemed odd to begin with, but he ended up refusing care to me. He was very black and white and would not listen to any options, did not take the time to really listen to my symptoms and quickly dismissed ideas I had. He was rude, unattentive and when I said I didn't want to continue with the visit, quick to whisk me away and refund my money. Seems, shady right??? DO NOT GO HERE IF YOU WANT GOOD CARE!!! They are hiding something!!!

Terrible...Find someone else!

Posted on July 8th, 2011

Rude office staff who have no clue how to use their own computers. Almost impossible to make an appointment. Once you get your appointment expect to wait over an hour at the least to just see the nurse. You may never even get to see a doctor and they will still have the nerve to charge you. Find another doctor ASAP! These guys STINK!

New Patient

Posted on July 10th, 2010

I saw this doctor because I heard great things about him from friends and coworkers. The office was able to fit me into their schedule the same day I called for an appointment, very friendly and courteous staff. He was able to diagnose my problem, and I felt very confident in the information he gave me. I will definitely remain a patient.

Posted on October 16th, 2017