Dr. H Silverstein Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. H Silverstein?

snide; nasty

Posted on July 24th, 2017

If he were the only doctor in the world who could save my life, I'd rather be dead than see him again. Nasty as they come.

Posted on August 23rd, 2013

Gone are the days when the Doctor that you have had over 40years , out of common courtesy visits you at the hospital. Our 88 year old father has been in the hospital for almost a week now, extremely ill. Dr. Silverstein is his GP has yet to even stop by to even look in on him at all. His words " I don't do Hospital visits". Thank you Dr Silverstein for being to kind.

Posted on June 18th, 2012

My overall experience with Dr. Silverstein has been more than positive. My husband was impressed with my reports and requested a visit. The following story illustrates what some people find difficult about Dr. Silverstein's "bedside manner." My husband never used one word when ten were available. During his first visit with Dr. Silverstein, Dr. S. asked him a question. My husband started what was going to be a lengthy answer. Dr S. looked at him and said "the question required a yes or a no." My heart sank; I was sure that relationship would go no further. To my surprise, my husband accepted the correction, and from that moment on trusted that Dr. S. knew what was best. My first visit with Dr. S. was memorable. I left feeling that I had a long way to go before I took care of my health properly, and that if I didn't make the journey, I was doomed. But I returned for my next visit, and many visits after that. I am not one of Dr. S.'s better patients. I don't always eat what I should, I often eat what I shouldn't. He accepts my weaknesses and continues to support my efforts and he keeps me healthy, even if it does require medication. He shares all information with me, and encourages questions. If you are looking for affirmation of your lifestyle without making some difficult changes, Dr. S. is probably not your physician of choice. If you are looking for a support system that provides encouragement, prodding, the assurance that you are getting top of the line treatment, and total honesty from your doctor, I highly recommend Dr. S.

great doctor

Posted on April 17th, 2012

most knowledgeable doctor.knows name of best specialists for referrals.superb records - gives patient copy after each visit. super efficient staff.preventive medicine expert. gives patient reality check.knows all supplements and their mix with medicines.

CARING, HONEST AND STRAIGHT TO THE POINT

Posted on October 13th, 2011

This was the third Dr that I had met when I arrived in the United States, he took the time to listen to me, and actually hear what/how I was feeling as I had been feeling really aweful for 7yrs without a proper diagnosis. Dr Silverstein did a whole host of test and eventually found the problem, within a couple of days on the right medication and some alternative eating suggestions I was feeling a lot better and have continued to improve. Dr Silverstein does not hold back, he is straight to the point with what he expects of you, if you want a doctor who is going to lie to you and treat you with kid gloves then this is not the Dr for you.. Dr Silverstein has placed calls to me at night to monitor my condition he is a wonderful Dr....5 STAR RATING!!

Doesn't. Care

Posted on September 27th, 2011

Pros: preventive medicine, tests ordered easily Cons:Arrogant Talks to computer most of the time Unpredictable Receptionists don't tell their names, not helPful or friendlyDON'T CARE !

Posted on May 2nd, 2010

Dr.Silverstein is like a local Dr.Oz. He cares about how you eat and how you are taking care of yourself.I knew about the superfoods like quinoa long before everyone who's now talking about them.And I learned all this from him, he teaches you how to eat healthy in a way that your body gets what it needs to sustain itself.You may not like it or it may take some getting use to but what he's telling you is actually the right way to eat.In my opinion he prescribes medication not as a first resort but as a last resort.He's not trying to help pharmaceutical companies make profits like I think some other people are.That's something you have to watch out for with doctors,unnecessary prescribing.Really he's one of a handful of doctors in CT (and I can count them one one hand) that I trust. And I have the experience to make that statement, I'm not just saying that arbitrarily.He knows what he's talking about and he was trying to educate people long before everyone else who's now coming out with the same ideas. When I watch Dr.Oz on TV I can't help but say I already know what to eat and what my numbers (cholesterol,blood pressure,waist size etc) mean and should be and I learned all that from Dr.Silverstein.I am actually amused by all the talk about the super grain Quinoa because I remember the days when I had to explain to people what it was and now everybody know about it.As a matter of fact Silverstein is way ahead of them when it comes to knowledge on eating.He turned me around with my eating habits and I naturally lost any excess fat I had without even trying but by just eating the right way.I also came off high blood pressure medication by eating good quality healthy foods.After learning from him what to eat I am disturbed by Food companies that put out products that they know are bad for you,but it's up to you to not purchase these foods.I certainly don't and I in turn am trying to educate anyone that I care about.

The kind of medical practioners needed Globally

Posted on August 11th, 2009

One of the most professional, knowlegable medical practitioners in the country. He is an expert in alternative modalities and beyond all is through, direct and competent.

Knows His Stuff!

Posted on June 24th, 2009

First I would just like to say something about the "Just Plain Nasty" comment. Clearly Dr. Silverstein must have told he/she something they didn't want to hear(the truth) and they just didn't like it because he is an amazing doctor. The man knows what he is talking about. The reason most people don't like him is because they aren't used to a doctor who is to the point. He doesn't sugar coat things like most doctors do because he is not there to baby us, he is there to help us live healthier and longer. Silverstein is clear, concise, and to the point which most people have a hard time dealing with. I personally am someone who does not like my time wasted and therefore have no problem with doctor Silverstein because he gets right down to it. He tells us the truth which can be hard to deal with at times. Some of his suggestions can seem intense only because we are used to getting our own way as adults and eating whatever we want. I wish the rest of America could have the chance to go to him because maybe then we wouldn't be so fat and unhealthy in this nation. We'd probably all live to be 150. My suggestion to others: If you are actually SERIOUS about living a healthy life, Silverstein is the man.

Program Specialist

Posted on May 9th, 2009

As a former patient of Dr. HR Silvertein I found him to be straight forward and honest. His bedside manner can sometimes be mistaken for rude. We all want to look and feel better but no one wants to hear the truth about how to get there. I now reside in the Washington DC Metro area for more than 8 years and have been looking for a physican like Dr. Silverstein, and I'm still looking!!

Just plain nasty

Posted on June 23rd, 2008

Gratuitously nasty. (from 2 visits many years ago. Maybe he's less nasty now. Has a local TV show where he just drips kindness and sweetness ... but alone with him in his office he can be quite snide) .

Posted on September 7th, 2017