Dr. Robert Simmonds Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Robert Simmonds?

September 16th, 2015

Best doctor!!!!!!

August 19th, 2014

brusque, unprofessional, doesn't return phone calls in emergency situations

Maybe I caught Dr. Simmonds on a bad day, but I'd been having bleeding on and off for a month straight---a total of 20 days of bleeding. He seemed unconcerned, did the fastest pelvic exam of my life, and said I needed to be on a new form of birth control. I showed him where part of my abdomen was distended and he said nonchalantly, "I have no idea what causes that" and offered no further help or referrals. My bleeding didn't stop for three more days. I called his office the next morning because I was having labor-like pains. I went through 36 hours of natural, unmedicated labor, and the pain felt like some of my strongest contractions. It was all on my lower right abdomen, where my abdomen was distended. I doubled over in the shower and started "labor" breathing. Did I mention I'm not pregnant? We almost called an ambulance. We called Dr. Simmond's office and I was sent in for an ultrasound to check my ovaries, which ended up being OK. At first the receptionist said I would receive a call within the hour. I called after two hours and she said "Dr. Simmonds will get back to you today." Well, he never did. Thankfully my pain went away but I still wanted a call-back and a referral for a kidney ultrasound (the ultrasound office, which was across town, ONLY checked my ovaries and said they'd need a referral for something else.) All I wanted was ONE phone call that was promised and an explanation for the excruciating pain. I have PCOS, had a baby this year, and have other mitigating health problems that require care. If it happens again, what should I do? I guess call 911. That would have been more effective, even though I'm pretty sure it was an extreme reaction to changing birth control pills. I am not a hypochondriac, am very professional and can withstand large amounts of pain (like I said, 36-hour unmedicated labor. On Pitocin.) This was the most incompetent OBGyn I have ever had in my life, and his office staff was not much more helpful either. I will never return. I'm glad seeing the other reviews that he's not this irresponsible with all his patients. A week later and I'm still waiting for my phone call.

July 25th, 2014

I had a great visit. Dr. Simmonds talked to me the whole time I was with him. He diagnosed me and has me on the right track to correct minor issues. I have always felt very comfortable with him. I am truly upset about the health insurance issue that is going on. Now I could possibly loose him as my doctor.

July 3rd, 2012

I have been to Dr. Simmonds for several years and have found him to be very knowledgeable, compassionate, and easy to relate to. He always takes time to answer my questions without making me feel rushed. I trust him explicitly and that is the most important part of medical care.

February 4th, 2010

The worst in the practice

We see him at Magee, he is easily the least personable of the three doctors in the practice. He hardly spends any time, is very rough and does not come across as very caring.

May 18th, 2009

Very empathetic and easy to get in touch with. Old fashion when it comes to new ideas and theories because he is very cautious.

March 25th, 2009

he is professional,caring.He gives helpful information

March 28th, 2017