Dr. Robert Simon Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Robert Simon?

Binge Eating Disorder

Have you seen Dr. Robert Simon?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

February 20th, 2016

Dr. Simon has been taking care of me since 2008. He is accomplished and knowledgeable to treat almost anything. He was able to give me an injection in my knee when my Ortho doc wouldn't give me a soon enough appt. He has a busy practice so his assistants do the follow up since he can not get on the phone. He does have shorter hours but it's never long to wait to get an appt.

September 13th, 2015

good primary care & family doctor

Dr. Simon has been my primary care physician for about 15 years. Dr. Simon is a great doctor for family and primary care. His overall knowledge is excellent for treating and diagnosing general medical problems, and he never hesitates to refer me for tests or to a specialist if needed whether I am a ppo or hmo patient at the time. (I've actually had others doctors tell me they won't see hmo patients, obviously since not very profitable.) He was right-on diagnosing my burning pelvic pain as a gallstone when I had no typical symptoms of upper quadrant pain. The most important qualities I appreciate about Dr. Simon are: he is very professional while still being a really nice down-to-earth personable human being; he has a great deal of respect for women, and is not condescending and listens to what I say and think might be my problem; he doesn't quickly write out an rx for an antibiotic to make me happy when it's just a virus or give me habit-forming sleeping pills I beg for since I am an insomniac; in contrast to most egotistical, condescending, cold, sterile doctors, he isn't afraid to have a cheerful personality with a sense of humor most of the time, which helps patients feel at ease. Aside from that, I can get an appointment the same day (instead of waiting weeks) 4 days a week, but only 24 hours a week, which forces me to go to urgent care instead of him occasionally . And last but not least, his office staff is efficient, sweet, friendly and courteous---the absolute best. And Dr. Simon obviously loves kids, since he has 4, of which three are triplets! A good asset for a family doc, don't you agree?

June 16th, 2012

Ella Ferro

I've been a patient of Dr. Simon for about 5 years. I really like him, he is personable, smart, funny and is extremely personable and treats you very well like a person. He works with me on my illness instead of treating me without me having no say. I really like Dr. Simon. I think I was very lucky when I found him. He is caring about his patients an it's easy to stay in contact with him if something is wrong. Thank you Dr. Simon, you are the best.

April 2nd, 2012

Nice Guy, But Questionable in Many Areas of Practicality

Dr. Simon has been pretty much my only doctor since I was seven years old; I am now in my mid-twenties, and have seen him within the last year. The staff have become significantly more complacent in regards to turnaround of test results, and so forth. My parents also have been going to Dr. Simon for quite a while, several years before I started seeing him. He has an interest in my well-being, to an extent, but does not view me as an adult patient; he openly tells my parents, without my consent, things about my health. Three years ago, he sent two notices regarding an HPV diagnosis during my yearly pap smear/pelvic exam-one addressed to my parents!!! They do not know I was intimate with one guy in college, and it's not particularly their place to know. It should be on my terms. I believe this violates HIPAA, but I'm not going to deal with this anymore. I am beginning to move my medical care closer to where I live, with people who will give me accurate care, without being inappropriately attached.

October 31st, 2011

Love the Doctor

Dr. Simon unlike the opinions of many of the other people here, is actually best doctor I have ever had. Sure you have to wait a little longer than normal, but his care is the best. He will see you if you need it and he will answer all your questions to the best of his ability. His office is clean and his staff are very nice and courteous. I have had many in-office operations and have had no side-effects whatsoever. Furthermore, his digital files make finding your medical history simple. Overall, he tries his best to be the best doctor no matter what.

June 8th, 2011

Meh

I went to him twice and after the second time I decided not to go back again. He spends maybe 4 minutes with you, doesn't make eye contact, busy tapping away at his laptop. You don't have time to tell him what you want and how you feel nor does he ask you any questions. He was nice enough the first time around but I need my doctor to be nice and caring EVERY time.

December 31st, 2010

We like him!

We've found the docs level of professionalism and caring excellent; and we really enjoy the "paperless" office. He keeps excellent digital track of records and is a no-nonsense kinda guy. We've been very happy with the service overall.

September 3rd, 2009

Choose a different doctor.

Though I never really had a problem getting an appointment (he has same day appointments), I often had to wait a very long time until he saw me and I will agree with the people who say he doesn't listen. I am currently searching for a different doctor and strongly urge anyone seeing Dr. Simon to seek a better doctor. It can't be that hard.

Doctor's Response

Dear Anonymous.....perhaps the fact that you do not disclose your identity has some relationship to why you feel the way you do. One tends to listen to people who interact genuinely.

November 15th, 2008

Dont waste your time.... Doctor doesnt care about his patients.

My family had been going to see him for over five years. My mom included. He never treated her for heart problems and she had artheriosclerotic heart disease, at which she died in his waiting room.....Doctor tried doing CPR but she died at the hospital later on. Had she been treated for her heart problem, she may have had ten more years at least. Also during a very stressful time I was suffering insomnia, i asked for a sleeping pill temporarily. He said he didnt believe in sleeping pills and refused to give them to me. But he had prescribed my mother sleeping pills a few years before that and she was still on them at the time I asked for some help. He is too busy and doesnt work but three days... in his office. His staff though are truly wonderful. I dont know what other people's experience was but the gals were always wonderful to me. Even prayed with me when my mom lay dying in his office. Just what ya need, right? the staff to pray for ya, when you mom is getting cpr on the floor.

Doctor's Response

Actually, your mom died from metastatic breast cancer and had a cardiac arrest in the office. I understand your distress about your loss, but there was really nothing more that could have been done. I do appreciate that you have remained my patient since that time (several years ago.)

SHOW

September 20th, 2008

Keep Looking

Dr. Simon has got to be the worse doctor I have ever encountered. It's almost impossible to get an appointment, the staff are rude and stupid, if you do get an appointment be sure that you will be waiting for at least an hour and then when you finally get in to see the doctor - you always feel like he has better things that he could be doing - you are wasting his time. And please don't expect to be given a right diagnosis - he is clueless!

Doctor's Response

Thank you for your opinion....you might compare it with the others above.

June 29th, 2008

He doesn't listen to patients. While my husband liked him, I did not. I asked what a spot on my leg was and he told me it was a scar when in fact it was a pre-cancereous spot. Doesn't care about healthy people only wants to treat "sick" people. Doesn't call back with test results. Makes you feel as though you aren't important enough. I basically agree with all the other negative ratings. He was my doctor for 8 years and I now have a wonderful doctor who actually listens to my complaints and follows up beautifully.

September 17th, 2015