Dr. Robert Sivak MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

May 20th, 2016
L.Anne
Always cares for what the patient needs

November 19th, 2014
Excellent referral
I read the reviews about Dr. Sivak on this site with a grain of salt! Criticizing a professional about the building his office is in says nothing about the quality of Dr. Sivak's care, knowledge and attentive ear. I found Dr Sivak to take a holistic approach to treatment by checking health records and blood work to identify deficiencies that can manifest themselves in certain symptoms. The vitamin D information was extremely helpful and after learning how deficient I was, Dr. Sivak recommended a regimen to lift levels to normal levels. The information linking a deficiency in Vitamin D to other health issues is becoming more apparent and this is surely a smart thing to rule out before a thorough, accurate diagnosis can be done. All the positives Dr. Sivak recommended from normal levels of D I experienced; the most important being the clearer thinking and sharper focus after six months of maintaining proper levels in my system. I found Dr. Sivak an attentive listener with excellent assessment of issues expressed and suggested tools to deal with the areas I struggled with. His insight was very clear, and thoughtful. I am not sure why others have been so harsh in Dr. Sivak's approach and wonder exactly what they were looking for. If you see Dr. Sivak, bring in your list of things you want to cover and schedule a longer appointment time if needed. After sharing the issues, plan to come back for several more sessions before making a decision positively or negatively. I find none of the arrogance and Know it all traits past therapists have displayed. I found Dr. Sivak down to earth, honest, open in his dialogue and most of all, helpful in allowing me to see what I need to see to improve. By the way, follow up was always done in a future appointment!

November 7th, 2014
Don't Get Bamboozled
I'm a highly educated person who has seen psychiatrists on and off in different cities I've lived in and I'm shocked by how difficult it is to find a decent one in Tempe. I was hopeful that Dr. Sivak would be a good fit, as all I need at this point is simple medication management, and I was deeply disappointed. I should have known when I found it so easy to get in to see him for a "new patient" appointment. The office itself is in need of desperate updating: the front plaza is difficult to locate and appears to be the building tenants' favorite place for smoke breaks, which meant I had to walk through smoke to get to the front door. When I arrived, the office staff failed to provide me with a HIPAA form (I was stunned) and instead just gave me some generic new patient forms to fill out. No mention of their "cash or checks only" policy AT ALL. It wasn't until I finished my appointment that I was informed of this policy. It's absurd to me that Dr. Sivak doesn't take HSA card payments or credit cards. It's really unforgivable that he would make that choice. It disenfranchises and inconveniences many potential patients who rely on HSA for health care payments. Plus, it's SO EASY to take digital payments nowadays, it's ridiculous. Dr. Sivak is a bit of a conspiracy theorist. I explained to him that I was only looking for medication management for some pretty basic meds I take for depression and ADHD. He kept me there for an hour while he explained to me (a University professor and trained empirical researcher) all the science behind his theory about Vitamin D. I'd heard some reports here and there about vitamin D and I'm sure that there is something to what he's saying, but he is NOT a clinical researcher and could only provide me with a couple of scholarly citations for the research on vitamin D. When I did my own research later (using scholarly databases) I determined that the research is mixed and relatively inconclusive regarding vitamin D, especially at the radically high doses he recommended to me. I don't think he means harm to anyone, and I'm sure there are many, many patients who find his treatment quite helpful. I just worry about those who get bamboozled by his unproven theories. And, I find it absurd that he won't take HSA cards or digital payments of any kind.

May 24th, 2013
Beware
I am sad to say that after a few visits I found Dr. Sivak to be unorganized and dangerous. He seemed to know what he was doing but he nearly caused me to have a serious medical complication by prescribing unorthodox medication that I know is shunned by the medical community. He takes risks that are harmful and highly unethical.

June 17th, 2010
Compassionate and Accurate
I highly recommend Dr. Robert Sivak as he convinced me of this skills in listening and diagnosing the problem in a thorough and accurate manner.I found him to be very compassionate, more so than others.

May 12th, 2009