Dr. Robert Slackman Is this you?

3.0

Dr Slackman gave me my son

Posted on April 17th, 2016

At 40, Dr Slackman helped me get pregnant after three iui treatments six years ago. I will always be very grateful. I also thought his bedside manner was equivalent to the average doctor. In other words, he's nice and a professional.

Don't go to him

Posted on December 1st, 2015

Terrible bedside manner, doesn't seem to care, got a bad infection from the surgery he performed on me. I would rate him 0 if it was an option

MONEY HUNGRY, waste of time!

Posted on July 22nd, 2015

Do not go to Dr. Slackman! He seems to be in it for the money and does not show concern or compassion for you. Does not explain anything to you. I found out my diagnosis from the receptionist!!! I was never spoken to about my diagnosis from Slackman. Appointment after appointment, prescription after prescription with no explanation or even outlook of what needs to happen next. So sad I wasted money, time and emotions on this doctor!!!

Posted on June 10th, 2015

Excellent doctor. Have been seeing him since 2009. Always kind, caring, knowledgeable, understanding. Its a tough thing he deals with (infertility) but wouldnt go anywhere else. Even now after ive had a baby

Posted on May 11th, 2015

Please do not waste your time & money with this "doctor."

Heartbroken and BROKE

Posted on January 15th, 2015

I had high hopes to finally see someone who could help but have been left heartbroken and financially broke. I spent a full year traveling back and forth to Roanoke hoping that the next IUI would be successful. Each time I was told that it just takes several tries. No tests were performed until after multiple IUI's and then all of a sudden he sees something in an ultrasound that he believes will require surgery. I never felt like he cared nor did he ever take the time to explain anything. When you are handed a paper and he says take this home and read it makes you feel like he just wants to push you out the door to see the next patient. He never took the time to discuss different options if an IUI wasn't successful. He just prescribed drugs, had students conduct the ultrasounds, and then cross of the fingers at time of IUI. I wish I had not spent month after month seeing him. I had read the comments below before seeing him but I was hopeful since he is more local than traveling hours farther. I wish I had taken the comments below more seriously. I don't ever post reviews but I feel compelled to do so after my experience.

Posted on December 18th, 2014

Just not go to him. Get a referral to somewhere else. All he cares about is to schedule you unnecessary appointments to make money off you.

Terrible Experience

Posted on February 21st, 2014

When you're going through infertility, you're looking for a doctor who will be sympathetic, understanding, explain things thoroughly, and work with you. I can't say Dr. Slackman did any of these things. He always had a medical student at his side, and during my first visit, one examined me. He spoke more with the student than he did with me, and gave me a cursory evaluation at the end. I had a procedure done by him where he said, "Mrs. _____________, right?" - as if he didn't remember. During the painful procedure he left me multiple times lying on the table with two sympathetic x-ray nurses while he stormed around looking for the equipment he needed, and not explaining to me what was going on. I felt like a number and not a patient, and he never really took the time to explain things properly - even when he recommended surgery and medicine, he could not explain why to me. I finally starting seeing another doctor, by the recommendation of a friend, all the way up in Charlottesville, but it was a night and day difference. If you're looking for care, sympathy, and explanations, you would do well to look outside of Roanoke.

Nope, !!!!!

Posted on May 22nd, 2013

This was the most unprofessional place I have ever been to in my life! The office staff was rude, VERY unprofessional! The LPN was kind. The Dr was not the most pleasant person I have been too. Seemed rushed and I won't be back. Oh, the place smelled like a dirty mop as well.

Posted on November 5th, 2012

All attention on me while I was there. Very quick to personally call me back when I called with a question.

Disappointed.

Posted on August 1st, 2012

Ive been going through fertility treatments for 2 years with no success. It seems that Dr. Slackman only prescribes Clomid and does it for several months until he maxes his doses. There isn't a single person that he has prescribed Clomid to and when you ask the other options it's IVF. Dealing with infertility is hard enough but when you have a doctor that does not answer your questions or make you understand your problems it really makes infertility harder to deal with. If your considering to go to him, look else where. Others aren't lying, he's hungry for money and doesn't help anyone. We've drained our bank account dealing with Slackman, please don't do the same.

Posted on July 2nd, 2012

Receptionist was very rude. Just seems to be out of her way to lift a finger. Lot of huff n puff. Billing very sketchy at best. Usually get the answering machine when trying to call.