Dr. Robert Smitherman MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

January 18th, 2016
Exceptional doctor
Dr. Smitherman is the best doctor we have ever had. He actually listens to us and then asks questions about whatever problem we are having before prescribing anything. A very caring doctor.

July 30th, 2015
Dr. Smitherman is a shining example of what a doctor should be. He actually spends time talking to you not only about the issue at hand but also other areas to focus on to improve your overall health. He actually called me with my lab results and asked me if there were any other questions I had for him. Dr. Smitherman is a real class act, honest, caring and just overall exceptional at what he does.

September 6th, 2013
I was a patient of Dr. Smitherman for several years before scheduling my annual physical which was just as routine as in years past. However this year I was overcharged for the visit. I have a high deductible insurance which allows me one annual physical but I must pay for any subsequent office appointments. During my physical the doctor asked me questions about my health history. Because I answered yes to certain past health issues he coded the visit as both a physical and an office visit which cost me an additional $105 even though I had not inquired nor was I treated for the past health issues. When I inquired about the charges to the staff I was told there was a sign posted on the wall stating any additional medial issues are chargeable. Perhaps the doctor should clarify his intent before asking probing questions so patience will know this may lead to additional charges.

May 30th, 2013
Great experience every office visit
Dr. Smitherman is an excellent doctor and his staff is awesome!! I never wait more than a couple of minutes to see him and I never feel like he is in a rush to get me out of the exam room. Dr. Smitherman is extremely knowledgable, component and takes the time to talk to his patients. I have been to countless doctors and nonee have come close to Dr. Smitherman's caring approach!!

April 24th, 2013
Great experience!
Very efficient office, very helpful, will be transferring my care to Dr Smitherman!

March 15th, 2013
Would recommend. Very efficient.

February 17th, 2013
Good doc
Was referred to Dr Smitherman by friend- was very knowledgable and helped me control my diabetes. I would definitely recommend him to anyone who needs a good doctor.

August 2nd, 2012
Very caring, have been very happy with his care for me and my husband.

March 8th, 2012
Angry Doc.
Dr. Smitherman is knowledgeable enough, but he is very emotional - angrily emotional. That is not the way to act around the patient or his family as if they were his staff. In this survey you have to rate his staff along with him for an overall rating. The professionalism of the staff brings his average up and this is not deserved. They show to be better trained in professionalism and bedside manner than he is. It appears that maybe Dr. Smitherman has not matured enough to comport himself properly as of yet. I would feel awful if a review like this would linger on the internet for a long time because Dr Smitherman may have been way out of sorts recently or he may change and improve in time. I am at this time looking for another, wiser Internist for my family.

February 25th, 2012
Dr Smitherman has been my family's doctor for the last 2 years and has been great. We would highly recommend!

February 13th, 2012
Exceptional service and very timely.

February 11th, 2012
Dr Smitherman takes a lot of time to answer all my questions, and has really helped me better control my diabetes.