A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Robert Sorrell:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Robert Sorrell, Orthopaedic Surgeon, Surgeon is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Sorrell
Skin Cancer Patient Education Read about Melanoma, basal cell and squamous cell carcinoma types in our skin cancer patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Sorrell Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Robert Sorrell, MD is board certified in Orthopaedic Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 7 areas:
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Hip Surgery (Hip Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Knee Surgery (Knee Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Sports Medicine
Education & Awards
Dr. Sorrell graduated from University of Alabama at Birmingham. He has 2 awards.
Dr. Sorrell has 3 hospital affiliations:
- Brookwood Medical Center
- Brookwood Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Robert Gordon Sorrell MD is a male Orthopaedic Surgeon, has 26 years of experience and practices in Orthopaedic Surgery and Sports Medicine.
- Where does Dr. Robert G. Sorrell practice?
- Dr. Robert Sorrell has 1 office location.
Dr. Robert Sorrell practices Orthopaedic Surgery and Sports Medicine near Birmingham, AL.
See Birmingham Surgeons.