Obstetrician & Gynecologist (OB/GYN)

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

|  Happy new mom  |  show details
by Susan on Dec 22nd, 2014

When I first met Dr. Southmayd he was running late and had been up all night delivering several babies. I don't know about you, but I don't care if he's running a late, I care about the fact that my doctor will be there no matter what when I go into labor at 4am! Babies don't just come when it's convenient for everyone else's schedule! I love his demeanor, he's gentle, knowledgeable and has delivered a ton of babies! My delivery was not what we were expecting it to be and believe me I couldn't care less that people were waiting for him in the office!, I was a total mess. Dr. Southmayd calmed me down, explained in detail what was going on and never left my side. He delivered my precious daughter and was so happy for me. My follow up care has been fabulous. He's my doctor for life!

|  a great doc  |  show details
by mom of 3 on Oct 21st, 2014

DR. Southmaid is a great doctor. He's kind, good hearted and tells it like it is which I've learned to really appreciate. I initially thought he came off a bit rough around the edges but seen his true self when I had difficulty delivering my first born. Dr. Southmaid went on to care for me and my following 2 pregnancies. He was always professional, honest and straight to the point. I highly recommend him.

|  Highly recommend Dr. Southmayd  |  show details
by Sophia on Jul 3rd, 2014

Dr. Southmayd and his staff are amazing. Yes the wait could be long at times, but we just plan accordingly, and they deserve much more credit for how well they manage to tend to the needs of their patients.He is very heart warming and extremely knowledgable. Yes if your pregnancy is not at risk you don't need more than to hear your babies heartbeat at every visit, but be assured any concerns you have he knows the answer. His staff always gets back to me in a timely manner, and Dr. Southmayd has an after hours cell phone number he provides. I highly recommend him to anyone expecting or not.

|  SO glad I switched drs  |  show details
Mar 3rd, 2013

Overall, dr southmayd seemed like a decent person but I definately didn't feel comfortable at all. His staff was very slow and inconsiderate. Every visit I'd arrive on time or early I'd wait for two hours before being seen, no joke. And only would be seen for like 5 min. I'm 38weeks pregnant and he only checked the heartbeat each visit. And I had a bladder infection but he wouldn't test it because 3 weeks before it came back negative. Sooooo glad I switched. Dr savage is amazing! Go to him. (:

|  great doctor!!  |  show details
by lily R. on Feb 27th, 2013

Dr. southmayd is one of the best in my eyes.ive known him since i was six years old, he delivered my three younger sisters and my boys. He truly cares about his pts. but more for the unborn babies. ive witness first hand. hes kind and gentle and during labor he makes sure your taken care of, yea he sounds mad and serious but thats just him thats just how he sounds, wouldnt you if you only would get around 1-3 hrs of sleep? I recommend him 100%.

|  show details
Feb 29th, 2012

he is a very good doctor.

|  show details
Jan 6th, 2012

He Is a very good doctor, saved my life and always listens.

|  Always angry  |  show details
Oct 8th, 2009

I am switching doctor since he always seems angry. Just call and listen to his after hours message.