Robert Spiera Is this you?

Have you seen Robert Spiera?

Posted on December 7th, 2016

Excellent physician, always takes time to explain and answer all questions and concerns that I have.

Great rheumatologist

Posted on February 28th, 2016

I have been Dr. Spiera's patient for many years and have nothing but good things to say about him. He is incredibly smart, attentive and caring. He has a very busy practice, but if you really need to see him he always makes time. He's been a lifesaver - literally - and I wouldn't see anyone else.

Posted on August 31st, 2015

I had been suffering for a few months with stiffness of different parts of my body. I went to a few doctors. Blood work was done but the only recommendation was Physical therapy which I did. But I was not getting any better. Someone told me about Dr Spiera. It was the first doctor who examined me, talked to me about my symptoms and discussed what it could be. Dr Spiera took his time going over my other health issues and my medications. He had blood work done, which he called and discussed with me. We started on a course of treatment which helped immensely. At this time I am being weaned off the medication and feel great. I found Dr Spiera to be so caring and attentive,

Not all he is cut out to be

Posted on September 28th, 2014

I went for a vasculitis consult after having many signs and symptoms, including purpura. Not only did I get zero diagnosis from this doctor, he had the nerve to tell me all my labs were normal when they were not. I now realize he is affiliated with a hospital where I plan to sue. Do not trust with records; bring selective records you don't mind being pried and copied. If there was a zero mark, it would not be low enough for the marks this man deserves; then again all NYC hospitals are affiliated and healthcare seems to be a grand scam. Big name hospital are only interested in big money; stay away if you can.

Does Not Listen

Posted on December 4th, 2010

I could barley talk and he did not listen. I Had to call three times for follow up. I think he thinks he is so great that he doesn't LISTEN to the patient! He had no answer for anything that I went to him for.

best rheumy I ever used

Posted on February 11th, 2010

Dr. Spiera is the 6th rheumy I have gone to in the course of my 15 yrs. with connective tissue disease. He has been wonderful,patient,and understanding. He is thorough and is the only doctor to relieve my suffering, thus giving me my life back. He treats each patient as though you are the only patient in his office, even though he is busy as can be. I travel 2 hrs. each way to see him and will continue to do so because he is worth the trip.

Saved my life...

Posted on July 27th, 2009

Dr. Spiera took care of me over 2 years ago. To this day, I believe he saved my life. Perhaps less dramatic but equally important, he did so with empathy, professionalism and a level of care that I have never experienced in 25 years of being a Registered Nurse. I will never forget him.

Posted on May 2nd, 2017