Rheumatologist
Video profile

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

|  Not all he is cut out to be  |  show details
Sep 28th, 2014

I went for a vasculitis consult after having many signs and symptoms, including purpura. Not only did I get zero diagnosis from this doctor, he had the nerve to tell me all my labs were normal when they were not. I now realize he is affiliated with a hospital where I plan to sue. Do not trust with records; bring selective records you don't mind being pried and copied. If there was a zero mark, it would not be low enough for the marks this man deserves; then again all NYC hospitals are affiliated and healthcare seems to be a grand scam. Big name hospital are only interested in big money; stay away if you can.

|  Does Not Listen  |  show details
Dec 3rd, 2010

I could barley talk and he did not listen. I Had to call three times for follow up. I think he thinks he is so great that he doesn't LISTEN to the patient! He had no answer for anything that I went to him for.

|  best rheumy I ever used  |  show details
by Andrea Golub on Feb 11th, 2010

Dr. Spiera is the 6th rheumy I have gone to in the course of my 15 yrs. with connective tissue disease. He has been wonderful,patient,and understanding. He is thorough and is the only doctor to relieve my suffering, thus giving me my life back. He treats each patient as though you are the only patient in his office, even though he is busy as can be. I travel 2 hrs. each way to see him and will continue to do so because he is worth the trip.

|  Saved my life...  |  show details
by Mary Wieland, RN on Jul 27th, 2009

Dr. Spiera took care of me over 2 years ago. To this day, I believe he saved my life. Perhaps less dramatic but equally important, he did so with empathy, professionalism and a level of care that I have never experienced in 25 years of being a Registered Nurse. I will never forget him.