Dr. Robert Stankewitz Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Robert Stankewitz?

November 15th, 2012

Concerned & firm

I have been seeing Dr. Stankewicz for a few years now. I suffer from chronic back pain, mild depression, and am a smoker. While he is a "smoking nazi", and I don't always like to hear what he has to say, I applaud him for being firm in his stance. He is very careful about dispensing medication, which I appreciate! It is the reason I began seeing him. After several years of doctors that just want to prescribe pain meds to mask the symptoms, I appreciate his concern about the effects of this kind of treatment.If you are looking for an easy Rx pad, or sugar coating, don't bother seeing him, but if you want a concerned health professional, he is the guy!

July 23rd, 2012

I never feel rushed and always feel Dr. Stankewitz is listening and addressing any issues I may have. I have referred several of my family members to him.

May 24th, 2011

I know Dr. Stankewitz personally and professionally. He is the last doctor you want to visit if you are shopping for fraudulant prescriptions, disability insurance, or government assistance. If you want a caring doctor that is going save you time and treat you like family, he's the doctor you want to see.

June 28th, 2010

Left out in the cold...

.One visit he treats a problem then the next denies that diagnosis.He keeps you coming in for appts.just to get any meds refilled, like monthly.Does not seem to rely on Patient's own history and does not take the time to refer to any records you bring in,either.Dropped me like a hot potato when he found out I was applying for Medicaid! Gotta get the big bucks from only private insurance?No notice given in advance of cancellation and only reason given was "No insurance" that he would take.Out the door with nowhere to go and on three rxs I had to withdrawal from,(would not even give any refills or a referral to anyone that could help!)on my own,and was extremely sick,couldn't work,2 trips to ER and one admittance for all this!Nice huh? (sending him the bill!)If you have any problems beyond a cold/flu, I'd suggest finding another Dr. that has some degree of compassion and professionalism.Also, HIPPA violations and have filed complaints.Not a whole lot of luck trying to speak to Washtenaw Med. to try to mediate any of these problems and they never followed up. Much more to say, no more room.

November 16th, 2016