A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Robert Sunshine:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 3.5 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Robert Sunshine is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Robert Sunshine, FACS, MD is board certified in Urology.
- He has special expertise in 2 areas:
- Prostate Diseases (Prostatic Diseases)
Education & Awards
Dr. Sunshine graduated from Universidad De Monterrey, San Pedro Garza Garcia. He has 1 awards.
Dr. Sunshine has 14 hospital affiliations:
- Winthrop University Hospital
- New Island Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Sunshine accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- MVP Health Care Preferred Care - 2 plans
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield - 2 plans
- Unicare - 2 plans
- Oxford Health Plans - 2 plans
- Cigna - 3 plans
- The Empire Plan (UHC) - 1 plan
- United Healthcare - 16 plans
- HIP Health Plan of New York - 34 plans
- Univera Healthcare - 1 plan
- Fidelis Care - 4 plans
- Evercare - 1 plan
- Capital District Physicians Health Plan - 3 plans
- Healthfirst - 3 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Robert D. Sunshine practice?
Dr. Robert Sunshine practices Urology near Islandia, NY.
Additional practice locations include: New Hyde Park, NY and Bethpage, NY.
See Islandia Urologists.