Dr. Robert Sutherland MD Patient Reviews

• Pain Management Tyler, TX

3.4

no change

May 23rd, 2017
his nurse practitioner is an alcoholic she comes to work drinking also prescribes meds with alcohol on her breath

February 2nd, 2017
It took forever to see the Dr. and when we did I have never met such an arrogant person in my life. Do yourself a favor and go somewhere else.

September 2nd, 2016
Rip off - huge Etmc Bill
Had a genicular ablation at ETMC for knee arthritis. Got a ginormous bill from East Texas Medical Center for over THREE GRAND!!!! Etmc check in lady (Glenda) and her boss (Paul) claimed that this procedure is "covered by (my) insurance." What a bunch of liars! It's "covered" by insurance but I still got charged above and beyond the covered portion. Don't fall for this doctor's or his OR staff quackery. And to add insult to injury, they treat you like they are doing you a favor that they are treating you. Had to wait over two hrs Til Sutherland showed up. Both Glenda and Paul flat out lied to me and wife. Next time ill just take my business to trinity or spine joint hospital.

August 2nd, 2016
Excellent
Excellent practice for pain management of the spine!

July 6th, 2016
Dr. Sutherland has a negative attitude when it comes to patients wanting and needing their meds. You have to keep calling and then if they get mad at you they tell you to find another Dr. "he doesn't need you as a patient he has more than he can fit in his schedule". this is what I was told by his office, not very nice to say to some one that is hurting and need to see the Dr.

May 26th, 2016
The words rude quack come mind

April 28th, 2016
Everyone I dealt with was absolutely amazing. Super friendly. Dr was very friendly and helpful. Would definitely recommend o

December 24th, 2015
THE WORST DOCTOR EVER WHO SAYS OOOPS WHEN STICKING NEEDLES IN YOUR SPINAL CORD
no this dr is the worst. he was sticking needles in my back saying ooops three times. yeah that's what I want to hear. a dr. saying that while working on my spinal cord! also he made me sign a contract that pain managments drs always do now while at the same time saying he would' t give me any pain medications. I have degenerative disk and bone disease and can not walk anymore. I was new to the city and had been with the same dr in other state for ten years who managed my cronic pain. here is the kicker in the contract it said I could not miss an appointment the one he had me sign for him putting me on pain medication, which he didn't do. so I would think that contract null and void. then came the needles in the ooops spinal cord...I had another aappointment with him and have to rely on medical transport, who didn't show up. I called and informed the office as soon as I knew I wouldn't make the appointment because I had also called the transport people and the guy was fifty miles away. he told me he would no longer be my doctor because of missed appointment DO NOT GO TO THIS DOCTOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

December 3rd, 2015
I've been here for 2 hours and still haven't been seen

October 24th, 2015
I went to his office 3 weeks ago and had a injection to be done today and wasn't cause his office staff didn't do there job and get pre approval. They told me this after I showed up and was waiting for it to be done

September 24th, 2015
Nice guy. Accurate diagnosis. Always late. Doesn't explain anything. Difficult getting answers. Difficult to impossible getting through calling. Plan on many months before any relief from pain. They are in NO rush!

June 19th, 2015
dissatisfied patient
Supports his staff more than the patient. Staff can be very rude.